Thread: Please make dragons able to cut down trees

Default Please make dragons able to cut down trees

Ok Iam sure there are tons of threads about this, so here's mine. The logic itself is flawed. Dragons can mine and make bricks and they can even quarry and cut fine little tiny gems, but they lack the ability to make a 2x4 out of wood. I mean that's silly if you think about it, kinda funny though.

So my suggestion is to give dragons the wood cutting and board making abilities

Default Re: Please make dragons able to cut down trees

yes and no.
    I agree that a big dragon should be able to uproot a tree, but this should only be to help bipeds gather resources for craft events I think. Dragons have little use for wood.
    Uprooting trees would allow dragons to help gather logs.
    Actually making boards is not really needed I think, just trade the gathered logs to the biped at the machine for the craft event.

Get the map pack here - Get the REAL ancient models here!
    Get White Teeth and Claws for your Dragon here!

100/100 Ancient Dragon, member of the first group of 8 to ascend to ancient on Unity.
    This sig was designed for Firefox (stupid IE still can't handle png )
    www.AncientOrder.org

Hum, making socketed items that require boards are also kinda nice to have w/o having to bum from a biped or having to log one in.
    OK the old sig was too long , this one is better.

Keep them big draggy butts out of the trees. Be bad enuff that they hog all them gems in Aughundell! Been thinkin' of gettin' the Coumcil of Thanes to start chargin' all them draggies a fee for them gems. Use the money to repair all the damage in the battlefields. Take some of that space and build a few draggy pens there so us Dwarves can use em for mules.

Besides....a dragon cutting a tree? With fire breath do you not think that would be a mite counterproductive? Same with any organic. That is the logic behind it. They would char the resource (trees, textiles) before they could harvest it.
    Bori Grimbattle --->The Dwarf
    Sinistre Azazael---> The Fiend
    Adramaleck Flerious--->The Dragon

~Mystic Blades~
    ~Jambi,Order~

Dragons don't need to be able to cut down trees - but TG should perhaps change the requirements onsockets to include somethings that a dragon can make instead.

As it is, it is not too bad on Chaos because ahelpful player or two often stocks up the dralk connie with boards for us. But it would be preferable to have something that could be made by biped and dragon alike.

Acul, Trandalar and Tagath's in Mala, Genevia Island

Quote Originally Posted by Bori Grimbattle
    Keep them big draggy butts out of the trees. Be bad enuff that they hog all them gems in Aughundell!
    Actually, I've been doing a fair set of hauls from the Aughundell gem mines. Ask Kamo or Gorrilla or Dremora or Sovirin (that is, if you're not on the bad side of said dragons and half-giant already).

Actually, I think dragons should be able to harvest the trees for logs, but since they don't have much in the way of doing anything with them for experience, it was deemed unfair to the dragons since they'd only be able to havrest and not process.
    C`gan Weyrsinger, blue Tagath's rider, WorldProjects Team Lead Emeritus
    Tagath, blue Lunus "for the breath weapon"
    Located in sunny Acul on Trandalar, Order shard

I get annoyed when I have to socket a weapon. Then again, a slight annoyance isn't a very big deal anymore.
    Explorer 80%
    Killer 46%
    Achiever 40%
    Socializer 33%

Dragons and wood, hmm, I can only see them burn down trees and making charcoal [;)]
    She heard Nanny say: 'Beats me why they're always putting invisible runes on their doors. I mean, you pays some wizard to put invisible runes on your door, and how do you know you've got value for money?'
    She heard Granny say: 'No problem there. If you can't see 'em, you know you've got proper invisible runes.'

Hey, not a bad idea. I'm sure we could think of some plausable use for Charcoal.

*is serious = )*
    Explorer 80%
    Killer 46%
    Achiever 40%
    Socializer 33%

Ohhhh yes. I really like the idea of burning down trees!

Let flame burst burn down more at once.

Of course a mere level 1 hatchling can't expect to be burning down tier 5 trees. He has to start at tier 1 and work his way up.

Watch all the pretty flames :)

So I have a bit of the pyro in me.

Thread Information