Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: All this talk about the PB fix, and...

Default All this talk about the PB fix, and...

... no one's discussing the vault fix that got slipped into
    the patch? In case you didn't notice --

Items are no longer equippable from your vault.
    This being the first in a series of changes that
    will fix the vault stuffing issue.
    Got Cowbell?

Default Re: All this talk about the PB fix, and...

Now, the reason I bring this up is this.

Many people opposed to the PB Farming fix claim
    that those of us who agree with the change do so
    only because it does not affect us. This isn't true.

I am probably the single biggest offender with
    respect to having an overstuffed vault (incurable
    packrat...) This fix will hurt me immensely.
    But you know what? I still support it. It's a
    healthy change going forward.
    Got Cowbell?

It seems TG is doing well in chopping off the highs from certain players. The people that exploit PBs for cash endlessily will feel it a bit, the people that have massive amounts of db entries for overstuff vaults will feel it now too, hopefully.

For the most part, if you have a plot and a good vault, you don't need more space, you just want that space.

Arrgh. My plot renovations are on hold while I await a fix to a bug I reported (large gazebo cannot be set in corner of lot with steps pointed in at an angle, only with them pointed parallel to an edge). They told me "good catch!" and that it has been forwarded to the appropriate team.

Thus my vault is overstuffed with Novians until I can finish renovations. I've been swapping out my crafting and hunting clothes as needed, and being very careful not to take anything out that I might not have room to store in my house or shrine. Which are both stuffed with halloween costumes. Anyone want a pile of costumes? I have a complete set but I don't think I can keep them if I have to make room for armor sets :(

In short, if this change is true and not just a bug that hit Helcat, I dare not go hunting for quite a while. Great. Not that my hunting armor is teched, it's just padded ironsilk, but the extra armor is quite handy.

-Levity Merrel.

I built 2 "changing tents" so I can dump my armor/cargo gear in. I knew all along you could use the vault keeper to swap items, as if it were a backpack. Now people will do this and say WTH I can't put my gear back into the vault!

Buahahahahaha punishment for all those "Plot Pillaging <saris>" out there who have a vault full of novians.
    Justa Mirage: Ranger 100 / Healer 92 / Carpentry 100 / Confectioner 100 / Fletching 92 / Weaver 62 / Gatherer 34
    Flatspin: Ancient Lunus Dragon 100 / Craft 100 / Lairshaping 100

Quote Originally Posted by Kumu Honua
    I equipped directly from my vault...
    hmm... let's see if this is a bug then or for real.
    i did relog several times to check, each time
    with the same result... guess we'll see.
    Got Cowbell?

Quote Originally Posted by Helcat
    Now, the reason I bring this up is this.

Many people opposed to the PB Farming fix claim
    that those of us who agree with the change do so
    only because it does not affect us. This isn't true.

I am probably the single biggest offender with
    respect to having an overstuffed vault (incurable
    packrat...) This fix will hurt me immensely.
    But you know what? I still support it. It's a
    healthy change going forward.
    Just for the record, I am not opposed to the "PB Farming Fix", I supported it, and I still support it. What I am opposed to is introducing it WITHOUT the other fixes that the game needs to really fix the economy at the same time. There's no telling when things REAL item decay will make it into the game. T6 item decay doesn't count. Many people are just going to keep their T5 stuff because it is more than "good enough".

Erus Ex Universitas -- Erus Ex Istaria Guild Home

1. Fix what is broken. -- 2. Finish what is not complete. -- 3. Start something new.

[img]/Web/Themes/default/images/icon-quote.gif[/img]Kumu Honua wrote:I equipped directly from my vault...

hmm... let's see if this is a bug then or for real.
    i did relog several times to check, each time
    with the same result... guess we'll see.
    upon further review, it would appear that item equipping
    directly from vaults is only disabled for those of us in
    offense (i.e., overstuffed vault)

either that, or it's just affecting me personally [:P]
    Got Cowbell?

upon further review, it would appear that item equipping
    directly from vaults is only disabled for those of us in
    offense (i.e., overstuffed vault)
    this could pose a problem for those of us who are currently renovating our plots, I ended up with over 200k bulk of novians when I tore my existing structures down and have so far only used a little under 20k bulk of them in my current building efforts. I really don't fancy the idea of limiting my carrying capacity dramatically by having to take out all the tools and different suits of cargo gear to tide me over until my plot is finished.

With plenty of folks upping the tiers of their plots, we're going to be in a hard place having to contemplate mass disposal of novians or be somewhat limited in our activities for a month or five while renovations on our plots take place.

I just deleted what novian resources I couldn't use. *shrugs*

Quote Originally Posted by Peaches
    I've planned about a fifth of my plot, once that first section isbuilt I'll plan the walkways. once they're built I'll plan the buildings. When the buildings are built, I'll plan the decor such as trees. it's a long process, but sure beats planning everything in one go and then deciding halfway through building that I've changed my mind. Deleting novians I may need further along in the renovations isn't an option.

I'm not making a big fuss because a) this change hasn't hit Unity yet, b) we're not sure if it's an official change or a bug, and c) I have only previous experience to indicate how it will impair my efforts to redo my plot and will reserve proper judgement until such times as I have had the opportunity to evaluate the matter first-hand.

Hm, I didn't even know there was a way to stuff vaults. [:O] I equip out of the vault when switching craft/armor scales, but I didn't know that was "bad." I've also never managed to overstuff my vault, however the heck you can do that. <_< It always very clearly lets me know, "Nope, We're Full!" "Oh darn..."

So...good. Properly established limits are being enforced. (Totally different issue than the PB/coin thing.) A vault says it has X bulk, it should only store X bulk. Same with packs, disks, houses, etc ad infinitum. ^_^ Fair's fair.

Quote Originally Posted by Talitha
    So...good. Properly established limits are being enforced. (Totally different issue than the PB/coin thing.)
    LOL..

sorry, I found this funny.
    Got Cowbell?

LOL..

sorry, I found this funny.
    Heh,funny how? I thought I made sense. [:P] Er, at least I think I thought I did... [:S]

You said in another thread the PawnbrokerChange was "a fix to an unanticipated, unintended abuse of unlimited cash generation." A "whoops!" situation to an open-ended sales opportunity; anyone could sell tons of things to the pawnbrokers. I see people doing that in other games, selling junk by the pound to NPC vendors. The vaults, however, have had defined limits since Day 1, a set of rules for their operation. "Your Vault Has X Bulk, Y Stack." And people somehow slipped around that, even so. That seems more deliberate.

Just in my limited experience anyway; the Vault Problem has the feel of "exploit, bending/breaking the rules," while the Pawnbroker Problem just seems like a "whoops, this is damaging the economy and we didn't foresee that!"

[;)] Make you laugh this time? ^_^ I could try a better joke....

"So a Dragon walks into a bar..."

well this little "fix" has hit me, and I only have ~70% of my vault space filled.

before this I could double click and equip craft gear, and my adv gear would get replaced into the vault. easy, and simple.

now I must move everything I want to equip out of the vault first, equip it (which puts the other stuff in my normal inventory) and then replace those into the vault. twice the clicking and twice the teduim. why?[:S]
    torvos: shadow/chaos shard (on vacation)
    100 mage/100 wizard/100 sorcerer/100 conjuror
    96 chaos warrior
    100 enchanter & member of the dark council

Explorer 86%, Socializer 46%,
    Killer 40%, Achiever 26%

Quote Originally Posted by tjl
    now I must move everything I want to equip out of the vault first, equip it (which puts the other stuff in my normal inventory) and then replace those into the vault. twice the clicking and twice the teduim. why?[img]/Web//emoticons/emotion-7.gif[/img]
    Hm, yeah.....I switch out crafting scales often too. Maybe when they get more of the bulk problems fixed, they could restore equipability from vault. I dunno...there should be a way to have items equip from the vault without being able to overload storage. If items are equipped/de-equipped to a vault that doesn't have the space, they should default back to a backpack/scalepack. I'm no programmer though...

Notequipping from the vault by itself is fine. But coupled with the Novian changes, it is awkward. I am the guild plot holder, and we took down two beg shops to make room for my house that I lost at the merger. (Finally). Since there are no separate arrangements for guild Novian materials, (I think they should go in Guild Hall or Guild Silo) I am faced with deleting hard earned guild materials to get the use of my vault back.
    ____Kulamata Quality Armor___
    None Genuine without this Pawprint `',''

Achiever 86%, Explorer 60%, Socializer 46%, Killer 6%.

Quote Originally Posted by Peaches
    Novian should have never been atuned to player. That idea was totally stupid.
    I have about 160 units of Novian I can't use (going for a lair) and can't give or apply to anyone because they're atunned.

And not everyone is willing to go through the trouble of giving their plot for the time it take to apply those novian.
    Dragon Lairs: Istaria's ghetto

There was no intentional change to equipping items from the vault. This is some sort of bug.

I can verify that even with an over stuffed vault, as long as the tool or armor is in a pouch, I can not only swap them out from the vault but even from the smithy behind our guild vault.

This must be a bug
    As a new dawn rises over Istaria, may we all band together to meet the challenges!

Continuing Development of Horizons... SWEET!

Thread Information