Thread: Biding on a lair and have a question.

Default Biding on a lair and have a question.

I want to know what happens if I decide to place a bid on a lair for about 50g. Now lets say no one actually bids on this lair by some strange miracle. Now when the auction ends do I loose all 50g or just the amount the lair is worth (550s)? Can someone please verify this since it's my first plot biding I'm apart of.[:^)]

Default Re: Biding on a lair and have a question.

you would pay the amount you bid.

So if you do bid high, and no one else bids,
    make sure to lower your bid to the Empire
    price just before the auction ends...
    Got Cowbell?

If you win then you pay what you bid. You pay nothing if you don't win.
    Exploring is a necessary skill, and its not like death is fatal. At least, not for the gifted.

Interesting. Thanks. Going to be hard for me since on the 28th when the bid closes I'll be leaving work. Dam[:@]

I'm out of sync with the closing of the bids too. I think the most important thing is to bid the amount that you are willing to pay for the plot - ie what it is worth to you.

Check thenumbers of people also bidding and that may change what you think you need to bid to win the plot - if the plot is really important to you - go high - you'll make the money back again .. If not - most of the plots are almost the same size - I'd reckon there will be enough workable plots after the dust settles - just maybe not in the most ideal location - but you'll get away with 500s (instead of who knows how many Gs).

The bids are blind - no one really knows how much money people are bidding - I think this is good for those of us who cannot sit and watch the prices tick over.

Seems I'm taking that day off to give me time to make more $$$. This way I can pump more gold into the plot to make sure I win. Also, if no one bids by any chance on that plot I would need to edit the bid to the lair actual amount. This way I don't lose any gold either.

OK, was looking at lairs in chiconis, The first one is on the way to the crafting cave. Has the community name on it, but the bid button stays grayed out.
    Also made a bid on one close to there, it took my bid but there was no bid history and no way to modify my bid.
    100 Adventure/Crafter following the path of Helian

Expert Lairshaper
    Grand hall complete.

JorgNep

Quote Originally Posted by Death-Knell
    OK, was looking at lairs in chiconis, The first one is on the way to the crafting cave. Has the community name on it, but the bid button stays grayed out.
    Also made a bid on one close to there, it took my bid but there was no bid history and no way to modify my bid.
    It is not just you Death-Knell - I have the exact same problem (on Order) with that lair (behind the shrine?).

Thread Information