Thread: Just a market Marketplace?

Default Just a market Marketplace?

With the new changes and the need to try to do more sales to players as a crafter do people then a Just Market market channel would work? Or do you think it would just become another ooc channel or no one would use it? I know a couple of people that just will not go there do to the OOC and other things that go on and often market request get missed in all the other things that are going on there?

Default Re: Just a market Marketplace?

I doubt you'd need to worry about another Market channel. There won't be anyone buying anything anyway. With the new changes, you will probably see everyone sticking to themselves, their guild, or close friends. They likely won't be advertising to buy anything, since there will be a drastic plunge in money. Comp buying will go down by a wide margin, and people will start hunting their own. Most bipeds will lvl crafts by the dozen to be self sufficient, Dragons will all be lvl 100 crafting, lvl 100 lairshaping to avoid paying out for scales and lair construction. Sir Aidan will be next to empty unless player prices go down drastically, due to no one buying comps anymore. Money dropping mobs will be camped for the little to no money the put out. I look to see every player self sufficient, and next to no trading. If I'm wrong, then cool....I'm not holding my breath though....

Oh, and the lower lvl players will be S.O.L, since no one hunts their comps, techs, or forms anymore, and Nadia, and perhaps any other comp hunter, has just become untouchable.

BTW, all of this is speculation, but is very realistic, logical and my opinion.
    "Sarcasm! Just one more of the FREE services I offer."

<Post deleted>

Just found out what the changes were.
    21 Paladin, 15 Cleric, 21 Warrior; 30 Miner, 30 Armorer, 25 Weaponsmith, 20 Jeweler

People will not need to create another market, the reason for so much banter in market is its just dead for sales.

As for Illi's doom "prediction" ... well, its just someone that hasn't tried the changes to see how much money you can still make. Its still possible to make a gold a day unfortunately, you just have to change things up a bit. The comp market will stay the best thing we have in game economy wise, crafters will continue to PL and abuse crafters until the primary skill system gets put live. Nothing is going to change.

It's possible to make a gold a day DOING WHAT? Porting 700 times all over Istaria? Being a highly multiclassed biped crafter and building other's plots?

<loud annoying buzzer>

I'm not a biped. But it really makes no difference, in the last few days, I've noticed a strong decline in WTB:<insert thingy here>. You think what you want, I'll think what I want. I will live without the PB.

By varying what you sell. You are overreacting.

Spoken like a true adventurer...
    Erus Ex Universitas -- Erus Ex Istaria Guild Home

1. Fix what is broken. -- 2. Finish what is not complete. -- 3. Start something new.

in my experience, market has always been a collection of conversations and selling/buying. sometimes more conversation than selling, but it has not totally lost its purpose. I think of it like a town marketplace or something... a meeting area for socialization, bartering, and all that good stuff. Not like going to Walmart or something.

edit: just saw this was on order... IMO market should never be OOC.
    torvos: shadow/chaos shard (on vacation)
    100 mage/100 wizard/100 sorcerer/100 conjuror
    96 chaos warrior
    100 enchanter & member of the dark council

Explorer 86%, Socializer 46%,
    Killer 40%, Achiever 26%

Market does sometimes slip into OOC, but its almost exclusively related to game bugs and changes.

A true adventurer that spends 80-90% of his time crafting... maybe.

Not to beat an already dead horse here or anything but, did I mention I was a Dragon? Only reason I point this out is because "varying what I sell" isn't as easy as it sounds to you. There are people in this game who've got the option of selling anything and everything, Dragons are a bit more limited, especially when it comes to what goes into crafting it.

My real point here is that while pawn broker abuse might be rampant, we don't have a playerbase large enough to support a change this drastic. If they'd limited it by character, perhaps. And not an unnecessarily low number limit either. I will live without thr PB, and make 63s per day, I'm fine with it for me. What I'm NOT fine with is the low lvl players who are now...S.O.L.

There is a hundred spell forms? Not limited at all

I'm not a biped spellcrafter.[:D]

So all we have to do is have every biped spellcrafter pawn every dragon spell they know? Thanks for letting us know how to make life miserable for you! ^_^

I, personally, couldn't care less what biped spellcrafters do. And pawning every dragon spell you have scribed? It's your time, waste it all you want. I'm not checking the pawners for what they have on them because I don't use them anymore, and will have access to a couple of private ones anyway. Knock yourself out.

Yardbird

First look at the "builders market" and see wha goes on in it ... nothing

Second whats a Biped..

Guess we need a quadped something?

soi do not think a new type of maket will help or be used

Thread Information