Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lair - Hoard Chamber Sizes and more

Default Lair - Hoard Chamber Sizes and more

Alright, I know they are "working" on it and that's PERFECTLY fine. However... [don't you guys hate that word] ALL of us dragons are currently working on and designing our lairs according to what we think we are going to get! I know I am... Infact I have graph paper RIGHT here with about 5 different layouts to choose from for my lair =)

Why did I make this topic... Well I need to know what to expect size wise of these "hoard chambers" so I know I'm leaving enough space for them in my lair design so I don't have to destroy the entire thing just to fit that one desired object in there.

Secondly

Are there other rooms to be had that are not on blight right now like ... higher teir more decorative hallways and bends? I'm asking about "decorational" rooms like a room with water falls and a nice pool at the bottom as well. Or chambers filled with decorative crystal designs. Something else I thought would be useful would be a long verticle shaft much like the one in the ARoP cavern with lava or water spiralling down it. This would be useful for a secondary shaft that reaches the lower depths of my lair and bypasses a few of the top levels, something that was 1 by 1 by 3 or so. Makes it easier to put a "loop" in my lair too so editing it later is easier. Stuff like this I'd like to know is available or not. If the answer is no, then could it be possible to remove the "limit" of one hall and one lair room per Lair Plot because I really want to decorate my lair with many halls and chambers for various purposes. I've found some of the smaller lairs can be quite nice put together with other Halls and Lairs.

I can understand having the limit of "one hall" per lot because that's a shrine too, however, lairs do not make sense. However for Lair builds it would be nice if you removed the "limit of 1" just so I can make more use of my space. Of course, if there are "decorative rooms" in the works too... then forget I even asked for that because I'll use those =D I don't see a problem with "extra bedrooms" though =) I think of the hole in the ground as /my/ home and I'm just building the rooms within it.

Very impressed with the Helian Lair stuff, it's awesome and very beautiful which I will enjoy building! Very cool lair building system too, a weee bit combersome at times, but very cool still. I can't wait to get building. Lacking in "decorative rooms" but I hope those are to come. Need something to use up all this space with though. Or maybe when you finally get furniture in there, you'll allow us to decorate our halls with gems and such.

Default Re: Lair - Hoard Chamber Sizes and more

Hi,

Can someone please clarify this limit of "one hall, one lair per lair plot"?

I would expect a maximum of 1 of each structure type, ie 1x t1 hall, 1x t2 hall, etc... is allowed. (Because this is the rule on biped plots). But the post above makes it sound like 1x any hall, 1x any lair?? That would be bad, I'm planning to build mostly halls and lairs for storage, not silos everywhere.

Also, assuming the "1 of each structure type" rule applies - how will this work with the helian/lunus alternatives? ie 1x helian t3 hall *and* 1x lunus t3 hall is allowed? Or just 1x t3 hall, either helian *or* lunus?

Thanks!

Soresha

Sorry to confuse, but you can have one T1 lair and one T2 lair. You can also mix and match Lunus and Helian. Atleast I could do that on Blight.

i honestly don't understand.. i was able to put multiple t1 lairs into my plan along with a t3 lair. i didn't try multiple halls

On blight, I was able to put 1 hall at the top and the bottom 4 levels I was able to put a grand hall. I wonder if we're able to do the same on the live shards.

Vignar

Size and per plot information would be nice on the Hoard chambers. Also, like you said, a long tube.

While doing some planning on Blight, I realy wanted a customizable tube.

The ideaisfournew rooms.All are single level.Two of the rooms have a doorway leading circular room; one with floor and no ceiling, one with ceiling and no floor. These two would be the main exit/enterance into the custom tube.The third would be the same circular room w/doorway but no ceiling and no floor. The last would be just a single level circular room. No ceiling, no floor, no doorway. Obviously these rooms would have to meet current standards of attachment points, just with verticle attachments available. Just to be greedy, higher tier tube rooms could have more doorways. *imagines a room with foor doorways, no roof, no floor*

This would allow us to choose where we can enter the tube from, allow us to bypass floors, and allow areas Inside the lair which are only accessable by flight. Having ramps in these rooms would be a little hard to pull off in conjunction with choosing which direction the doorways face.The enterances to the current spiral tube, being on opposite sides, doesn't seem very space efficient, but still can be aesthetically pleasing in certain combinations.

Anyway, yea. Lettings us know some future room plans would realy helpcurrent layout plans.

I'd be surprised if they allowed some sort of vertical shaft which a biped could not ascend. If they did then sooner or later idiot biped would find a lair, drop down the shaft, and bind at the bottom giving them a customer support headache. And the lair owner a pest problem. Or dinner :)

I would really like a variation on the spiral shaft. One with more then two attach points at various angles.Or even justone in which you exit 180 degrees from where you enter (i.e. the exit hallway is directly under the entrance hallway). It would make some things easier. Right now it takes a minimum of three squares to move down a level. You need the hallway before the spiral, the spiral, and the hallway after the spiral. I also experimented with multi-level rooms to move between levels -- especially lairs and hallways. I might use them in some places, but they're so big they're not exactly a space saving way to go unless you wanted the room anyway.

I wouldn't expect to see anything beyond what was on Blight for a few months at the absolute minimum. Probably closer to a year. I'm going to try to leave some extra space on the bottom two levels for any additions they come up with. I'm also trying to think now about how I might expand my lair later. For example, I'm trying to divide it up into areas I can demolish and rebuild seperately without affecting the rest of the lair. I'm even doing some test upgrades on the planning screen.

Quote Originally Posted by Goriax
    I'd be surprised if they allowed some sort of vertical shaft which a biped could not ascend. If they did then sooner or later idiot biped would find a lair, drop down the shaft, and bind at the bottom giving them a customer support headache. And the lair owner a pest problem. Or dinner [img]/Web/emoticons/emotion-1.gif[/img]
    DB said a couple months ago that you could due just this if you want. A biped would only do it once. Then the word would get out and it would not happen more often as they would make sure they have a why out before binding. I was hoping my self for vertical shafts. Easier and faster to travel around in them. Drop down from one level to the next. Dragon elevator. *toothy grin*

I agree with you that a vertical shaft would sure make it easier to get between levels. If they had one I'd probably use it. I remember what DB said, I figured they thought about it some more and decided to kill vertical shafts for the reason I stated.

Perhaps they could have a spiral with lots of attach points.

Odds are I'll never have a lair. But if I ever had a lair, i'd be rather disappointed in the lack of vertical shafts also.
    PersonalJustice the Demon Slayer - Chaos

Master Crafter: 1900 Levels

WTB Undead Legions. Paying $12.95/month

Aye, I was planning to have biped-inaccessible sections of my lair using vertical drops. That was also before I saw the size limitations.

Something that would be nice is a pair of mirrored 90-degree down spirals and/or slopes. I would like to save some space in the lair and be able to put a spiral into a corner.

Erus Ex Universitas -- Erus Ex Istaria Guild Home

1. Fix what is broken. -- 2. Finish what is not complete. -- 3. Start something new.

Dorrin you had it all in planning. I too could have MULTIPLE of the same lair in a build, however, try actually "building" it... you'll build one, then it will tell you that you've reached your limit for the second lair of the same time.

You can only have one lair of each lair type =(

Quote Originally Posted by Pharcellus
    Aye, I was planning to have biped-inaccessible sections of my lair using vertical drops. That was also before I saw the size limitations.

Something that would be nice is a pair of mirrored 90-degree down spirals and/or slopes. I would like to save some space in the lair and be able to put a spiral into a corner.
    I'd like to see this as well and did think of it as well. Personally I'd think of it as a shaft with the door on the upper level in the same position as the door on the lower level. No ramps... if you must, you can make a small edge for bipeds that rings around the outside. Decorate it with some nice crystals or running water, would be great.

Actually.... If I may offer... I wouldn't mind sketching some of these thoughts and Ideas for the Dev team... but, I don't know how open you are and how easy it is to make these pieces. I assume you have the tool and it's a simple matter now, but you likely have more pressing matters at hand =(

Fridlekh

Remember when talking about making lairs "biped unfriendly", you'll also be making them "juvenile unfriendly" as well...

As far as I know, there aren't any other lair structures being made yet... there's been some thought put into more decorative and differently shaped corridors, but those will have to wait a little while.

The primary focus for a while will be biped tutorial, then (I THINK) T5-6 revamp ... assuming no huge issues with lairs popping up to keep us working on those forever. >_>

Frid is mostly correct.

Lair fixes/bugs
    Biped Tutorial
    Confectioner
    T1 quests
    T2 revamp+quests
    War

This is the current work list.

Events will continue and client improvements will continue.

David

David Bowman

Quote Originally Posted by Fridlekh
    Remember when talking about making lairs "biped unfriendly", you'll also be making them "juvenile unfriendly" as well...

As far as I know, there aren't any other lair structures being made yet... there's been some thought put into more decorative and differently shaped corridors, but those will have to wait a little while.

The primary focus for a while will be biped tutorial, then (I THINK) T5-6 revamp ... assuming no huge issues with lairs popping up to keep us working on those forever. >_>
    Then an hatchling shouldn't make a vertical shaft until he/she is grown up.
    Just like a Tier 2 players don't craft a Tier 6 building. d'ah
    Dragon Lairs: Istaria's ghetto

JorgNep

Quote Originally Posted by Dragoniade
    Then an hatchling shouldn't make a vertical shaft until he/she is grown up.
    Just like a Tier 2 players don't craft a Tier 6 building. d'ah
    Sure they can, just don't bind at the bottom. If they have a shrine at the top or are bound outside their lair, there isn't a reason a hatchie couldn't do this too (with the exception that the option doesn't exist yet!).

I was kind of hoping for a vertical shaft. Was thinking about using it a bit differently though. Sort of a shaft going to the bottom and then smaller shafts going back up to the higher levels. So not as a trap but a way to make the rest of the lair not accessable.

Ghwerig

I am still a little confused! [:S]

I can put up one of each tier hall and one of each tier lair on one plot? or I can only put up 1 hall (regardless of Tier) and one of each lair?

On a biped plot, we can have multiple houses or tents that hold items. What choices are there now on a lair plot for storage other than the equivalent of silos? The difference in volume between equil tiers halls and lairs is phenomenal.

In my planning, as did Dorrin, I had about 8 or 9 different tiered lairs and halls, ranging from t1-t4. Reason was to give me ample storage spaces in addition to the single stack storage (silos). What options are there now to be able to do this?

Fridlekh

halls and lairs are limited to one per plot. this restriction is per specific structure, and is not linked to any other structures.

You can putone Tn Lunus hall,one Tn Lunus lair,one Tn Helian hall, andone Tn Helian lair per plot, plusa grand hall of helian and lunus variety (assuming infinate space) n = range of 1-6 ...

so, any combination of the 12 lairs, and 14 halls are possible ... you just can't have more than one of each tier/style combo structure.

More or less confused now?

Thread Information