Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: how many lairs can 1 account own?

Default how many lairs can 1 account own?

all know about the bug/exploit on unity about the 5 plots per account

what will happen if the lairs go live?

can you auction with all of your chars 1 lair?

or will the auction master only allow 1 lair/plot per account?

GN dont give us any answer about this (and i corrected my eMailadress at their board and I wait now for the sixt day to be able to post again, but my account still waits for re-activation, so i would ask there)

i hope you remember my posts about this and nobody will be able to own more than1 Lair/Plot per account.

the 5 plots per account isnt my problem atm, i dont want to see that plotowner can auction lairs :( maybe 4 lairs and 1 plot [:-*]

Default Re: how many lairs can 1 account own?

unless things have changed, its one plot/lair per cd-key tied to an account.
    Cauri BloodBane - Order
    100 DADV / 100 D C R A

not on unity

Quote Originally Posted by Sibbe
    not on unity
    seems that my greatest nigthmare comes true: rich bipeds who buy a lair for their pet dragons...

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

The plot problem on Unity is horrid.
    GN simply refuses to give us an answer when we ask when they will implement the plot reclamations and 1 plot per account.

Right now I have a second account that owns the master plot of a small guild community.
    All plots are taken by people that no longer play.
    Our new members (new to istaria all) cannot get a small cheap plot at our community because the plot reclamations are not running.

Soon when the lairs are released on unity we WILL have the problem that rich bipeds go out to buy the best lairs for their pet hatchling.

I took a second account just to hold the my guilds master plot and keep my dragon account free for a lair.
    It is not fair that others take multiple plots/lairs without them paying for an extra account.

Please Tulga,
    Contact Luca and instruct him how to implement the plot reclamations and how to solve the multiple plot per account exploit.
    Get the map pack here - Get the REAL ancient models here!
    Get White Teeth and Claws for your Dragon here!

100/100 Ancient Dragon, member of the first group of 8 to ascend to ancient on Unity.
    This sig was designed for Firefox (stupid IE still can't handle png )
    www.AncientOrder.org

my main account own no plot at all because i want a lair

i pay a second account to ownone plot (one and not 5)

if i would use this bug/exploit i wouldnt have to pay for that second account :(

i fear that GN wont do anything about this issue :(

thanks for posting

would even better if luca dares to post here and on his own forums

edit: so there are 2 different versions of horizons with 2 different databases, sounds logical 8|

Zaradoom_Unity

great... now the only reason i still bothered with GN (and therefore HZ even tho it could be a great game if it had support for EU) is gone... the hope for a plot via reclaimation.

Well Vanguard beta starts soon,...

Growl

Now, why the hell has it taken GN this long to let us know there is a problem with running the plot reclamation???? (yes, we assumed there would be problems)

I really need that reclamation to free up some sub plots on our guild plot. We have emply plots tha are locked out and people waiting for them!!!!!

Regards

Growl

ok so if we ever get the lair auction (if we get it at all) then i could auction 5 lairs

nice unity feature [:@]

Luca has stated this before, they can't run reclamations because their accounts db and the NA accounts db isn't structured the same. Given their stellar record for service, nothing will be done about it until TG does something.

i dont understand why the DB of NA and Unity should differ?

its the same game with the same patches (only different chars)

Order and Chaos are different Shards too but they got the reclamation?

Dont they differ their DB too?

Quote Originally Posted by Vlisson

It is probably the software they use. Or the way it is set up. Every thing is probably the same down to the query tool. Beyond that the Database does not have to be the same used here in the States that is used in EU I would assume.

Just realised this still said Ice....oopsie

Quote Originally Posted by Kumu Honua
    Luca-[GameNetwork]Back to Plots issue... apparently the code has been built taking in consideration only the NA account database
    Luca-[GameNetwork]so we either need a different code to work also on EU database (which apparently doesn't seem possible) or re-work all the account section here to make it compatible with the code
    Luca-[GameNetwork]but that could then cause other problems
    (From IRC)
    Sorry to sound harsh but they KNEW that the code was designed for the NA account database ages ago...its taken that long to figure out it couldnt be altered to fit?
    Give Unity the support it deserves!

Back when the three EU shards were merged, we were told that despite the overwhelming request from players that GN shouldn't go ahead with the merge, it was essential in order for us to keep receiving updates to the game. Now I don't believe that for one instant (we'd already had the 'fake' merges on each of the three EU shards so for all intents and purposes we were on the same wavelength as the NA shards) but this isn't the place for me to debate that aspect. The point is that we were told that the EU shard merge was essential in order to ensure we were using exactly the same setup as that of the North American shards.

Now we're being told that we've got a different accounts database in Europe. I believe this is the result of Game Network centralising their accounts system for all four games they host. Doing so has inadvertently caused problems for the developer tools (such as the plot reclamation scripts) and updates to the game that involve the accounts database.

One query I have, if bidding on lairs (and using multiple characters from one account to place the bids), do all bids across all characters on the one account get removed upon the player winning an auction, or are the remaining bids for only that character removed ? If the latter, then it is highly probable that there will be an extreme imbalance in terms of lairs available, and a minority of full-time dragon players getting one.

These problems can be fixed. Game Network need to revert back to the standard Horizons accounts database instead of using their custom solution for centralising accounts across all games they host. There are reasons why GN may choose not to do this, however the benefits to their Horizons customers far outweigh the downside of not being able to 'sell' their other games to us with as much ease. For the record, how many Horizons players have actually transferred their Horizons account over to the new portal system ? I know I haven't, and I'm still able to manage my accountfine without ever visiting the GN Online portal site.

Just realised this still said Ice....oopsie

Portal site?
    (I think that answers whether I use it or not....)
    Give Unity the support it deserves!

The new webportal has nothing to do with this issue, the account database has been the same since the game's launch and it has been developed in its current form by a person who was working for Artifact Entertainment and in perfect accordance with them (as it needed to be customized for our billing partner).

What has been said about the merge still stands and its true and you can ask someone else to confirm it, furthermore that was referred to the game database (which is a completely different aspect).

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra
    Sorry to sound harsh but they KNEW that the code was designed for the NA account database ages ago...its taken that long to figure out it couldnt be altered to fit?
    We announced it as soon as we've been told about it...

In one word: different billing solutions.

Order and Chaos share the same account database so they can surely avoid any problem like this.

Zaradoom_Unity

uhm sorry Luca. But that sounds fishy as hell. I for one knew the code was differend since Tulga announced they sent GN the programm for the reclaimation. How i can know that? well...

Tulga said it, in the same post ;-) something along the lines "we dropped them the programm, now its their work to make it work on their database"
    I am sure someone can fetch the link if you need that.

Still, good to see you are still alive and working for GN (no flame or bad intentions meant really, some uf us really wondered what happened).

But while you are at it... can you get this straight for us pls? Does this either mean:

1. we get the reclaimation later, as GN needs to alter the code
    2. GN can not alter the code and needs to run the plotreclaimation per hand (cannot be to hard, to check a few hundred plots, who owns them and if he pays for the game anymore,... i know the small plots are'nt sold anyways)
    3. Unity wont get any form of reclaimation

Only need to say one, two or three... pretty please. So many people are waiting for this answer for weeks and months.

Thanks Luca

Thread Information