Thread: Mob textures

Aquilus

Default Mob textures

Didn't know exactly where to put this post. My wife and I both play. Everything looks fine on my system. However on hers, quite a few mobs do not have properly colored textures. Terrain, structures, players, NPCs...they are all fine. However, *all* golems, regardless of composition are brown. Grass beetles? Brown. She has a GeForce 4 or greater card (not home atm to check). Any in-game setting I should check? I suppose I'll check driver version when I get home too...

Default Re: Mob textures

I know my geforce4 mx-440 had trouble with golems especially, just as you describe. Apparently certain older GF cards don't support some activex methods HZ uses for textures. I got rid of the problem when I upgraded my card - I hadn't even realized it was a hardware problem before that.

Dragon adventurer 100 | Dragon crafter 100 | Dragon lairshaper 84

Isthis texture problemalso a matter of settings? I have a GeForce FX card (not home to check specifics as well) since I installed the game a few months ago,and since Day One all my mobs looked right. Silver golems were silver, amethyst golems were purple, beetles all registered correctly...

Then just recently (not long after the Harvest Festival if I remember right) it seemed all the mobs lost their colors. All golems turned brown, all beetles reddish-brown, and all spiders suddenly resembled the blue Spooky Spiders from the festival grounds. And no matter what I tweak, I can't seem to fix this.

I don't know what might've changed on my settings...is there aparticular button or slider I'm missingthat couldcorrect this bit of oddness? Anysuggestion would be much appreciated. ^_^ Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Talitha
    Isthis texture problemalso a matter of settings? I have a GeForce FX card (not home to check specifics as well) since I installed the game a few months ago,and since Day One all my mobs looked right. Silver golems were silver, amethyst golems were purple, beetles all registered correctly...

Then just recently (not long after the Harvest Festival if I remember right) it seemed all the mobs lost their colors. All golems turned brown, all beetles reddish-brown, and all spiders suddenly resembled the blue Spooky Spiders from the festival grounds. And no matter what I tweak, I can't seem to fix this.

I don't know what might've changed on my settings...is there aparticular button or slider I'm missingthat couldcorrect this bit of oddness? Anysuggestion would be much appreciated. ^_^ Thank you!
    I have an ATI card, and one day I was messing around with my settings in my clientprefs_graphic.def file and somehow I accidentally made this happen. I had to reset the defaults for it to revert, since I couldnt remember which variable caused it. I think there is more to this problem than just the videocards we use...
    torvos: shadow/chaos shard (on vacation)
    100 mage/100 wizard/100 sorcerer/100 conjuror
    96 chaos warrior
    100 enchanter & member of the dark council

Explorer 86%, Socializer 46%,
    Killer 40%, Achiever 26%

Thread Information