Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Horizons in the future

Default Horizons in the future

Hi all,

Oke here it goes my idea of how to take the game from here.

To start we would free Rachival and while rebuilding the city the gnomes would find notes of machines. There would be quests to find out what these machines would be doing and in the end they figure out that they are machines for bipeds to enter the rift without having to pass the sleeper.

Once we entered the rift and discovered even further what the other notes mean we figure out that the rift really is one big dimensional hallway from where we could enter other worlds.

Once we found out a way to enter the first of the other worlds we find out that the Withered Aegis is just a general in charge of a huge army which is taking over other worlds with a way more powerfull mystical being leading them.

In this new world we would find the higher tier resources and we would join in the war fighting to help free other worlds.

At a certain point we would find a way to defeat the WA who would try conquering Istaria once more by doing raids.

The new worlds would become addons which would bring in new revenue for game defelopment and even more important they would bring in and bring back new and old players.

Using something like the Rift as a dimensional hallway we could expand the game so far as our imagination would be able to bring us. By freeing people from the other worlds we could create new playable races and something like this could take the level cap atleast up to level 200 and the mob level cap up to 300 for group hunts. Sure these level 300 mobs would be near impossible to kill or atleast to solo but this would bring in another challenge part and the newly added tier classes for crafters would be a way for our crafters to move on. We could make it like we as a community have to act together to be able to start doing a new tier like with the tier VI ceno's

Well I would like to hear all of your opinions about my idea

Default Re: Horizons in the future

Ofcourse would these new worlds be the prefect place from where we could discover new playable races too.

The sky would be the limit by using the Rift as some dimensional hallway to new worlds and as new worlds would be added the game would remain interesting for the playerbase and atract new players too.

Basicly nice idea, except for using the current rift.
    Having bipeds in the rift would make the arop to easy.
    Also the current layout of the rift doesnt really accomodate a "hallway" function

A similair place would be cool though.
    A maze made up of the 2000 meter high walkways with the same graphic style as the rift.
    Lore wise there is no reason why such a place would not exist in the realm of void as the current arop maze does.
    Get the map pack here - Get the REAL ancient models here!
    Get White Teeth and Claws for your Dragon here!

100/100 Ancient Dragon, member of the first group of 8 to ascend to ancient on Unity.
    This sig was designed for Firefox (stupid IE still can't handle png )
    www.AncientOrder.org

Please don't misunderstand me.

This shouldn't change the ARoP in any way.

I haven't done this part yet with my dragon so this is something I have no experiance with.

The way I was thinking it would be an undiscovered part within the rift that the dragons can access because they can pass the Sleeper something the bipeds can't. I had thought it would be nice if the gnomes found some notes to enter this part within the rift and ofcourse would tinker up some machine to make it available to other bipeds to enter there is just one thing. The biped has to have atleast 100 at 1 school.

From a game mechanics stand point... I wouldn't be happy with 300 rating monsters =( Unless they made it so dragons could break the 100 mark, which they can't. Even in a party, I'd likely be absolutely useless as a melee primary drake.

Quote Originally Posted by Chioxin
    From a game mechanics stand point... I wouldn't be happy with 300 rating monsters =( Unless they made it so dragons could break the 100 mark, which they can't. Even in a party, I'd likely be absolutely useless as a melee primary drake.
    The idea would be that dragons and bipeds would be capped at level 200 not 100.

The level 100 would be required to be able to travel to the other worlds.

All monsters in the other worlds would be 90+ so it would be an advanced part of the game.

really if a rating 300 monster did exist, it doesnt mean that his evasion and other stats have to be boosted to godly preportions. it would mean you cant kill the monster on your own without a group. there would not be enough dps to kill the blasted abomination that is 300 in rating.
    Xerses 100 Dragon Adventurer / 100 Dragon Crafter
    28 million hoard and counting...
    Yamir Onimar 100 Warrior / 100 Cleric / 84 Druid / 37 Mage

The whole dimentional hallway thing reminds me of StargateSG1...lol...

But the idea is absolutly great![:)][Y][ip] Hmmm...*thinks of a wolrd like the moon with a bunch of weird monsters on it*
    Istaria shall soon become overwellmed by the Undead hordes! Phinius

Quote Originally Posted by Chioxin
    With an adult lunus the average life expectancy of anything T5 and lower, nameds included, or any t6 mobs not named, is 15 seconds. Gold rage, tail stun, silver strike, ravage, gold rage. Nothing survives it short of t6 nameds. As a dragon ratings should mean little to you. A level 100 dragon is comparable to a rating 150+ biped on a functionality 100 class. Rating 200 mobs wouldnt be any harder for you than a heavily multiclassed biped, and much much easier for you than the lesser multiclassed population.

Good idea Sunuke.

The idea of having monsters that would be nearly impossible to kill was ment to be there just to make it a challenge.

This dimensional hallway would be free of monsters, it's just a way those gnomes figured out to travel there.

Maybe it could be made we could see other monsters but as they would be on other planes of excistance they couldn't attack us there like we couldn't attack them.

But this sure would be nice ones you see alot of them pass into another world to go after them to wage war. Something that could be imminent death as for who knows you just ported into an invasion of monsters rated 300 while you just got your level 200 and this world is just DOOMed.

It shouldn't always be that we conquer but it should also be that the bad side can win and obliterate us gifted. This is a new world with more powerfull enemies. We can try to safe the last remnents of a people just before their city is taking over by them.
    As the gnomes just got back Rachival and New Rachival got kinda deserted they offer these people a place to call home untill like Rachival we can safe their city again.

There's really nothign in the rift.....it's really rather boring. Besides, you can't enter it normally. The only way to survive in the Rift would be to use some form of spirit form. You go in there using your normal body and....well lets say it's not pretty.I think this is mostly a good idea but not using the currant rift.
    Nayuaka and Nayukhuut. Freelance Helian lorekeepers of Chaos.

This is all in the notes the gnomes find once we free Rachival. The would be need for a machine we would have to build.

stargate soudns good ot me :P and a challenge too make this 'otherworld' a place that only lvl100 current adv school can go to and do a quest to attune to the location also build up new power plants to fue this new machine bring istaria into the modern age of technology :)

*sighs* Trust me you want some place besides the rift. If you REALLY want to go to the rift fine but it's extremly boring there and there is nothing useful. It's the realm of void. The only things in the currant rift model are the guardians, the sleeper, and some usless enemies. It would be cool going there maybe the first time and then you would be bored out of you mind.

Like I said, I like your suggestion but I would suggest using somewhere besides the rift, somewhere they could add life and virance to. Somewhere interesting with more possibilities.

doesnt have to be the current rift just a plane of viod or something between dimensional gateways that one can travel thro to treach the other side maybe this could herald the use of ingame video footage like cool video effect wher eu lose control of ur har as he/she/it walks down a road to a statue and loks up then u regain control

It would be a plane of excistance where we could see other monsters on different planes also using this Hallway

Okay..... *gives up*

Quote Originally Posted by Nayuaka

Okay..... *gives up*
    I have already mentioned before that the bipeds wouldn't come on the ancient part of the rift in any way, if i'm not mistaken.

It's not the idea that the dragons will get biped help.

Okay but my point is that there is nothing in the rift otherwise knownthe realm of void...it's called that for a reason. There would be no reason for bipeds to go there when there are other realms that would actually be useful or interesting. There are no interesting items and whatnot. You'd be better off going to the realm of energy or something, which is where the item that won the battle of Tazoon was supposed to have come from.

As a side note one item that is in the realm of void is supposedly the dryad city....but this is conflicting. Some things say the dryads went to the void and some say the realm of nature. Either way if the city is there which would be the only thing of interest once it would be freed there would be no interest.

Thread Information