Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Comment on Petition Thread against GameNetwork

Default Comment on Petition Thread against GameNetwork

Is US support really so much better????
    Or is the grass allways greener on the other side....
    She heard Nanny say: 'Beats me why they're always putting invisible runes on their doors. I mean, you pays some wizard to put invisible runes on your door, and how do you know you've got value for money?'
    She heard Granny say: 'No problem there. If you can't see 'em, you know you've got proper invisible runes.'

Default Re: Comment on Petition Thread against GameNetwork

devs ingame, devs in irc, devs on the forums...

may i add that we on unity get tons of assaults driven by World masters that s one of the main point of the game and we NEVER get some just once every 3 4 monthes they ll do a crappy one with few monsters where everyone will rush, it will end in 5 minutes and then GN says "hey we now will do many of them this was a try " and as usual willl be a lie and they wont.
    Ishar Xhaan => Ishar_Wind Xhaan => Imrryr Xhaan Lunus Destroyer
    and his biped slave KalTorak XhaanSlave Ice Disciple
    == Ancient Order Of Istarian Knights ==

Quote Originally Posted by Sibbe
    devs ingame, devs in irc, devs on the forums...
    as far as I know - but correct me if I'm wrong - there is only one (1) game on wich the devs work. We get the patches only a bit later. IRC and the forums are open for all, there's no ban on European players. For devs in game... don't see the added value of that.
    She heard Nanny say: 'Beats me why they're always putting invisible runes on their doors. I mean, you pays some wizard to put invisible runes on your door, and how do you know you've got value for money?'
    She heard Granny say: 'No problem there. If you can't see 'em, you know you've got proper invisible runes.'

Quote Originally Posted by Ishar Xhaan
    may i add that we on unity get tons of assaults driven by World masters that s one of the main point of the game and we NEVER get some just once every 3 4 monthes they ll do a crappy one with few monsters where everyone will rush, it will end in 5 minutes and then GN says "hey we now will do many of them this was a try " and as usual willl be a lie and they wont.
    Since when is the WM driven assaults the main point of the game? I'm sorry but I've never been sitting around, in a blank void, waiting for that wonderfull totally unplayable, big big lag producing assault to happen. If that's the point I certainly won't give up my character to be able to play on a US shard.

Quote Originally Posted by Sigi1985
    Speaking as someone who has accounts on both sides of the atlantic, let me answer this in a single word.

Yes.

Thanx Tzael,

to have accounts on both sides of the ocean really gives the best chance to compare support in the shards.

and I believe you're right.
    snickel wigglsniff (retired) Twilight Crusaders on Unity
    poggle wigglsniff (gnomish crafter and mage) semi-retired on Order
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    A gnomish house should not just sit there, it should definitely DO something!

Quote Originally Posted by Tzael
    [img]/Web/Themes/Generic/images/icon-quote.gif[/img]Sigi1985 wrote:Is US support really so much better????

Speaking as someone who has accounts on both sides of the atlantic, let me answer this in a single word.

Yes.
    Thanks for that, but would you mind spending more than a single word? Just curious because I've only had 1 issue in the 18 months I've played HZ now and that issue got solved very quickly. And I'm getting itchy and depressed by the Unity is dying doom thinking.

Thanks for that, but would you mind spending more than a single word? Just curious because I've only had 1 issue in the 18 months I've played HZ now and that issue got solved very quickly. And I'm getting itchy and depressed by the Unity is dying doom thinking.
    Well seeing your rebuttals to all previous comments, I'm somewhat loathe to actually give you 'ammo' since you seem determined to ignore what has already been outlined by various folks, or if not ignoring it, you'd rather challenge it. Fair enough, some of us have good experiences, some of us have bad experiences.

I did write a long response but I've decided not to post it. If you're feeling depressed then I don't want to make things worse for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Tzael
    [img]/Web/Themes/Generic/images/icon-quote.gif[/img]Sigi1985 wrote:Thanks for that, but would you mind spending more than a single word? Just curious because I've only had 1 issue in the 18 months I've played HZ now and that issue got solved very quickly. And I'm getting itchy and depressed by the Unity is dying doom thinking.

Well seeing your rebuttals to all previous comments, I'm somewhat loathe to actually give you 'ammo' since you seem determined to ignore what has already been outlined by various folks, or if not ignoring it, you'd rather challenge it. Fair enough, some of us have good experiences, some of us have bad experiences.

I did write a long response but I've decided not to post it. If you're feeling depressed then I don't want to make things worse for you.
    I'm very sorry for not simply agreeing with all the negative remarks and trying to make my own mind up. And I'm glad you know what I'm determined to, saves me thinking. Guess I have to thank you for answering at all and I'll just won't bother you again.

I think if you realisticly look at both NA and GN then they most likely have both things they do good and less good or just wrong but I think that the thing that harms the community the most is that at on Unity (I can't speak about the other servers) at EU nights the servers die out and it's nearly impossible to get anything.

So if the servers would be really international then you would have people around all the time because of time differences and this would also improve alot.

This also would require a 24/7 service that once you get in trouble you can get help and not have to wait till finally someone takes it up to read your support ticket and help you out.

Right now I have had several times where support from GN was so slow or dissapointing that I nolonger use it and just try to figure it out or wait till the next maintenance or patch hoping it will be fixed. Luckily I have been without any problems *knocks wood*.

I know that some other players have only had good experiances with GN. I am sure there might be some players that had bad experiances with NA support cause all companies make mistakes. We now just need to find a way to work things out into a workable way for us, the players from Unity.

I was really looking forward to playing on the NA servers but it's still not possible as I would have to get another account which really dissapointed me.

I'm very sorry for not simply agreeing with all the negative remarks and trying to make my own mind up. And I'm glad you know what I'm determined to, saves me thinking. Guess I have to thank you for answering at all and I'll just won't bother you again.
    I didn't post my detailed response because it was exactly this type of attitude I did not want to foster. For what it's worth I'm currently giving GN what I can only describe as 'their final chance'. Luca's proved that they're making progress by sorting out the multiple plots per account problem, he's also making headway into the plot reclamation thing. For me to go slam GN right now while they're making positive steps forward is wrong.

You want my opinions on how bad things have been ? Read my post history on both these forums and Game Network's own forums. I've said plenty about what's wrong on both. If I need to repeat myself yet again then I don't know what else to say or how to say it that will clarify my current stance.

Like I said, I'm giving GN what I can only describe as their final chance, therefore now is not the time for me to go rubbing what has gone wrong in the past in their faces once more.

If you want to start something personal and antagonistic, send me a PM, I'll be only too glad to give you a full piece of my mind privately.

vannessa

i'm somewhat suprised that you asked what the problem is with support sigi. i was locked out of the game for 3 weeks and that was just the 2nd time it happened. i put in support tickets and get no answer for days, weeks sometimes even months. i feel that unity reserves better from a company tha will happily take your money.

Quote Originally Posted by vannessa
    i'm somewhat suprised that you asked what the problem is with support sigi. i was locked out of the game for 3 weeks and that was just the 2nd time it happened. i put in support tickets and get no answer for days, weeks sometimes even months. i feel that unity reserves better from a company tha will happily take your money.
    You perfectly know why your tickets were not replied and you perfectly know that you've been spared a ban because of that.

Just to make things clear.

We don't have problems about accepting complaints, but please let's stick to proper complaints... thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by vannessa
    i'm somewhat suprised that you asked what the problem is with support sigi. .
    As you can read I asked something else namely:

Or is the grass allways greener on the other side....

Well, since I have no account overseas it is maybe my turn to ask the people playing on Order and Chaos:

Does ist sometimes happen that the maintenance is done 1 day earlier without prior notification?

Has ist ever happened that the shard was down for a full weekend withour anyone in support acknowledging the fact (let alone do something about it) -- and afterwards no information about means taken to assure that such a thing wouldn't reoccur?

Has ist ever happened that the world master went missing and did not answer questions put on the forum (that was established specifically for communication between the european players but also between players and GN) for weeks?

Unity looks back on a long history of disappointments and broken promises. I did not gain the impression that the american shards have fared likewise.

snickel wigglsniff (retired) Twilight Crusaders on Unity
    poggle wigglsniff (gnomish crafter and mage) semi-retired on Order
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    A gnomish house should not just sit there, it should definitely DO something!

Personally I didnt have the impression that at least the support tickets are left unanswered, sometimes I considered them slightly "short" or not exactly what I meant or hoped for, but I did recieve a reply nonetheless...

I did experience a few long term down times due to equipment failure and/or patches...
    This combined with extended periods of none communication can cause some tension between the player and the maintainer...

I believe that Unity could use some better communication between the maintainers GN and the playerbase...

Other then that I dont care who runs the game and I have a new motto for myself...
    The worst devs you can haveare employed bySOE...
    Compared to this GN are angels in my book...
    Rvlion- LvL 100:100:100 - 59.3M - Lunus Ancient
    Gallinthus- LvL 100:42:41 - 6.9M - Hatchling
    Lohasbrand– LvL 4:3:0 – 1.0M - Hatchling
    Sslion- LvL 25 Mage, 25 Warrior, 10 Cleric, 6 Druid, 6 Monk and a few Craft Schools

Quote Originally Posted by snickel
    Well, since I have no account overseas it is maybe my turn to ask the people playing on Order and Chaos:

Does ist sometimes happen that the maintenance is done 1 day earlier without prior notification?

Has ist ever happened that the shard was down for a full weekend withour anyone in support acknowledging the fact (let alone do something about it) -- and afterwards no information about means taken to assure that such a thing wouldn't reoccur?

Has ist ever happened that the world master went missing and did not answer questions put on the forum (that was established specifically for communication between the european players but also between players and GN) for weeks?

Unity looks back on a long history of disappointments and broken promises. I did not gain the impression that the american shards have fared likewise.
    1) No
    2) No - and a large number of players would have left had it done.
    3) No - and several people would have left had they done.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowdonia Honeythorn
    [img]/Web/Themes/default/images/icon-quote.gif[/img]snickel wrote: Well, since I have no account overseas it is maybe my turn to ask the people playing on Order and Chaos:

1) No
    2) No - and a large number of players would have left had it done.
    3) No - and several people would have left had they done.
    Is that a fact or a guess?
    If you really like a game its no reason to leave for...
    Except when no.2 happens to many times... [;)]
    Rvlion- LvL 100:100:100 - 59.3M - Lunus Ancient
    Gallinthus- LvL 100:42:41 - 6.9M - Hatchling
    Lohasbrand– LvL 4:3:0 – 1.0M - Hatchling
    Sslion- LvL 25 Mage, 25 Warrior, 10 Cleric, 6 Druid, 6 Monk and a few Craft Schools

My no's are facts, my comments are my opinion. And no matter how much someone likes a game, I have seen people leave for FAR less of a reason than these.

Thread Information