Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vault VII

Default Vault VII

I am told that some people are obtaining a Vault VII using the freebie upgrade quest from Elsa after purchasing Vault VI. Why is there no other way for players to obtain this new vault size?

Default Re: Vault VII

This is not a bug. There are no Vault quests past 6. That is by design (for now).
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Elren

Are you saying that there is no way they are getting vault VII or that the rest of us did it wrong and are stuck at VI ?

The only way to reach Vault 7 currently was to do the 6 upgrades and then the free upgrade.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Ummm, how in the world are we to know to use the freebie upgrade for VII? Thats not nice..... No desert flame for you Amon, LOL

Jayne

I spent lots of money too, but when i got to six I dont believe it said do quest or take freebie? I think I just did freebie because thats the only thing I could do. I am probably wrong though, so I will visit Elsa tonight and if she says I did take freebie then I'll cut off her head along with Nadia's :)

Jayne

Quote Originally Posted by Kumu Honua
    I think Vault VII was a "Gift" to those of us that spent lots of silver on our upgrades instead of the extremely cheap current versions...
    Uhm, I'm stuck on vault VI and I went the expensive route like yourself. Because of how the new vault quests were introduced, we were forced to take the 'free upgrade' for helping with the investigation before we could get to the last vault upgrade quest. Those who waited longer for the quests to be fixed were able to do the vault upgrades all the way to VI, and then use the free upgrade. Prior to the free upgrade and reworked vault quests, vault V was the highest possible.

Basically your logic sounds reasonable, but due to circumstance at the time, many of us were not able to achieve what you have done by waiting the extra couple of months it took for the vault upgrade quests to be changed so that the free upgrade was not compulsory.

Ditto.

I did the upgrades up to Vault V premerge. Then the free upgrade quest came. Did that. Then this mysterious "6th upgrade" showed up. Which I and others are unable to get. So new players can get up to vault VII but old time players who've stuck it out are stuck in the lurch with Vault VI. Shameful.
    PersonalJustice the Demon Slayer - Chaos

Master Crafter: 1900 Levels

WTB Undead Legions. Paying $12.95/month

I'm also disappointed that I cannot get the vault VII when a new player can. How about making a longevity-based quest for vault VIII for us?
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos
    "Death is fleeting. Pride is forever."

"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."-- Abraham Lincoln

Telpeloci

Quote Originally Posted by Amon Gwareth
    The only way to reach Vault 7 currently was to do the 6 upgrades and then the free upgrade.
    Umm...is there any particular reason why that is? Doesn't seem to make any sense to me. [^o)]

Elren

Then it needs to be fixed Amon... i was given no option when I got my upgrade and am now stuck at 6..

How you can say this isn't a bug is beyond me.

I agree with those who've said it isn't fair that a new player can get vault 7 and long time players can only get to vault 6. I *had* to get vault 4 as my free upgrade - Elsa didn't give me any choice in the matter.I thenhad to buy upgrades 5 and 6. Then I heard they'd changed it so you could wait and get level 6 (the most expensive one) as your free upgrade. Now there's a level 7 upgrade but I can't have it?

I feel like I'm being punished for playing for 2 years while the guy who started last week is being welcomed with open arms.
    Guildmaster of The Alliance
    http://The-Alliance.cjb.net

Quote Originally Posted by Elren
    Then it needs to be fixed Amon... i was given no option when I got my upgrade and am now stuck at 6..

How you can say this isn't a bug is beyond me.
    Its not a bug, because its "as designed", just that particular design sucks.
    PersonalJustice the Demon Slayer - Chaos

Master Crafter: 1900 Levels

WTB Undead Legions. Paying $12.95/month

A short time ago I bought up to vault VI with my dragon and then tried to do the upgrade quest. It wasn't available. No matter what I did, Elsa wouldn't offer it. I was sure I had not done the upgrade quest previously, but just to be sure, I went to talk to Grant to see if the 'Free Grant!' emblem quest was available. Sure enough, it was.

I know that doing the emblem quest bars me from doing the vault upgrade quest, but if I can't get that one anyway, I figured, 'why not?'.

Once again, it would be very nice to see long-term subscribers be allowed to access vault VII. Would it be possible to have the vault upgrade quest marker removed from my quest log, be downgraded to vault V, lose the 100 silver, buy vault VI, and then repeat the quest for vault VII? Or add a quest from Elsa, triggered by having vault VI and having the vault upgrade quest complete, which would result in getting the vault VII, even if we have to buy it?

Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos

"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."-- Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by PJ
    Its not a bug, because its "as designed", just that particular design sucks.
    Not sure what the initial intent was, but if it was to reward long-time players who paid the higher prices for vault upgrades with an added bonus, it didn't accomplish that. Therefore based on my assumption of what the original intent was, I agree with your assessment of the design.

Maybe it's time for the vault upgrades to be revisited, in order to ensure that intent meets with actuality.

wow. this is just wrong.
    not surprising there's been silence since people started pointing that out, either.
    i just recommended to someone last night that they wait 'til V to do the freebie quest to save 400 sil or whatever it is to buy the VI upgrade... guess i was wrong.
    i'm with PJ on this one.

Same goes for me [:'(]
    She heard Nanny say: 'Beats me why they're always putting invisible runes on their doors. I mean, you pays some wizard to put invisible runes on your door, and how do you know you've got value for money?'
    She heard Granny say: 'No problem there. If you can't see 'em, you know you've got proper invisible runes.'

Matecuss

This is the first time I've heard of such a vault too. At the time I didn't notice any options to purchase a vault rather then take the free option (which may of been the way it was worded).

To me, an increase in the vault size would make a huge difference to my plotwork. As there is such a distance between my plot and the nearest portal I tend to the use the vault to store units (so I can recall with some on me, rather dragging my disk for 10 minutes).

I would also like the option to obtain this vault, now we know it exists.

ssylva

By the way -- the way they "fixed" this was by disallowing people to do the free grant quest if your vault is already VI...

So people like me spent the 400s and now cant do free grant at all... Which I think is a worse thing than those who got their 400s thing free vs those with VII in the middle.

'Free Grant' and the vault upgrade quest from Elsa are not the same - in fact they are mutually exclusive.

If the vault upgrade quest is disabled once you get vault VI, that is really annoying. All the more reason to call for a revamp and a way for everyone to get vault VII.
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos

Thread Information