Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Was It Wise To Make Lairshaping So Complicated?

Default Re: Was It Wise To Make Lairshaping So Complicated?

Quote Originally Posted by Kitimandiri
    I enjoy how complicated it is, I have no problem with that. I do think they should lower the ratio for making the final product like lattices, mael/flowstones and such.
    Its not *that* bad Tulga, but its just a liiiiiittle too much [img]/Web//emoticons/emotion-7.gif[/img]
    I agree. My only real problem is that things are taking 15 and 20 of the base resources to make a single applyable lair piece. That's too high a ratio. I'd actually rather that rooms required more of the end product and that ratio was lowered. At least that way there is the illusion that I'm making progress. This grinding thousands of bars and orbs just to get tens of imbued bars is for the birds not for dragons.

Li'l ol' me is wondering if it wouldn't be a good idea to be able to harvest T1 crystals/resources somewhere other than only on Lesser Aradoth. Seeing as how every sort of lair corridoruses them and no matter how high a Lairshaper you are, you will always need them, it might be convenient to have other spawn locations for these. Would it hurt? Would it help? Would it unbalance things?

Just thinking....

There are actually 11 different spawn regions for Tier 1 Azulyte. Only6 of whichare on Lesser Aradoth.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Amon Gwareth

There are actually 11 different spawn regions for Tier 1 Azulyte. Only6 of whichare on Lesser Aradoth.
    And of course you can't tell us where they're at. Crystals are top secret. Any other builder knows where his supplies are at, any newb builder can ask and someone will let them know. But not dragons, we are shown the carrot and given a 2x4 across the skull.
    100 Adventure/Crafter following the path of Helian

Expert Lairshaper
    Grand hall complete.

I've never heard such a false statement in all my life. o_O
    "I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it. "Cats," he said eventually. "Cats are nice." Terry Pratchett, Sourcery

Wouldnt find it strange if Tulga does this on purpose...
    It will keep the dragons busy long enough so they can come up with new content... lol [;)]
    Rvlion- LvL 100:100:100 - 59.3M - Lunus Ancient
    Gallinthus- LvL 100:42:41 - 6.9M - Hatchling
    Lohasbrand– LvL 4:3:0 – 1.0M - Hatchling
    Sslion- LvL 25 Mage, 25 Warrior, 10 Cleric, 6 Druid, 6 Monk and a few Craft Schools

Quote Originally Posted by Death-Knell
    [img]/Web/Themes/default/images/icon-quote.gif[/img]Amon Gwareth wrote:

And of course you can't tell us where they're at. Crystals are top secret. Any other builder knows where his supplies are at, any newb builder can ask and someone will let them know. But not dragons, we are shown the carrot and given a 2x4 across the skull.
    Um we know where those resources are because they've been in game more then a year for most of them. Crystals have been in game a month or so. TG didn't hand us a list of the locations of resources, no, people looked for them.
    PersonalJustice the Demon Slayer - Chaos

Master Crafter: 1900 Levels

WTB Undead Legions. Paying $12.95/month

Quote Originally Posted by Death-Knell
    [img]/Web/Themes/default/images/icon-quote.gif[/img]Amon Gwareth wrote:

I don't think devs ever say where to find stuff in the game. I don't think they should. Finding it is part of the game. Builders know because at one point someone found it and told everyone. Everyone knows now because the stuff has been out there over a year and it's all been found. Eventually all the azulyte will be found too and any newbie dragon lairshaper will be able to ask and someone will tell them. Personally I only know 4 places to find tier 1 azulyte of which 3 are on Lesser Aradoth. Doesn't mean the others aren't there, just means I don't know where they are. It's a big world those are little crystals.

Personally, I think dragons are being a liiiittle bit too whiny.

I do think that the resource requirements for lattices and the number of lattices required generally are excessive.120 uncut gems and40 raw azulyte per lattice makes them a terrible grind to produce.

My suggestion for improving it would be to change the number of tricut gems produced per process to at least two, preferably three. At three per process, that lowers the resources required to 40 and 40 per lattice, a much more reasonable requirement.
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos
    "Death is fleeting. Pride is forever."

"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."-- Abraham Lincoln

I dread the lattices and will probably do them last onthefirst chamber in my lair(a T2 Helian lair). The tri-cut gems are a pain, if we had at least a two stack disc that could port and fly; things would be much better. Where are those flying discs anyway?

But, more on topic, the lattice requirements do seem even more extreme than the other components and anything that would reduce it would be welcome.

Also, any info on the resource producing structures? Could really use a wisp farm in my lair. I'm getting tired of all those marble tarbash discsfull of essence orbs that I'm hauling back to the craft caves near my lair. I really feel for those trying to build a lair far from a craft cave; at least until they get some machines completed.

Devast

Quote Originally Posted by Pharcellus
    There are no Titian Azulyte crystals in Chiconis, they are up near Feladan. Cerulean Azulyte crystals are near Chiconis. Not sure why we have to have a list posted here as a refutation of the arguments presented, but OK, here ya go:

Viridian Azulyte: Found on the Parsinia Mountain in and around the edges of the Blight, in the T1 gem fields just outside the Kion Volcano mine, and around/in the Kion Volcano.
    Cerulean Azulyte: Found Southeast of Chiconis, up on the hill from the beach, just Northeast of the Cleric Tower.
    Amber Azulyte: Found North of the Trandalar Rift, just Southwest of the Big Mountain, near the lairs there. There are reports that some exists on Live at this time South of the Rift, but I have yet to see any.
    Titian Azulyte: Found West of Dralk on the top and West side of the hill running along the West side of the Obsidian field, the one the craft cave is in. Another field is just South and West outside Feladan, starting in the Bright Wisps, and extending towards the shore and Chiconis.
    Crimson Azulyte: Found in the Fire Island Lava tube with the T5 gems. Also found in spots on Drakul (the one I know of is on the SW part of the island up near the top of the volcanic region).
    No clue where T6 is or will be.

There are supposedly other spawns than these, but many of the ones pointed out by you all have yet to make it to live, despite some of you telling players "they are there!", leading to long, fruitless searches, where the players are wondering if they are really there, or if the stupid client is not loading/showing them, as it is apt to do at times.

Lastly, WHY are there any crystals on New Trismus at all? Lairshaping is a prestige school. No newbies are going to be on New Trismus long enough to raise Dragon Crafter high enough to join the school, and there is no trainer there for Dragon Lairshaper anyway. Anything that would be an introduction to Dragon Lairshaper should be put somewhere in Lesser Aradoth, just like Gerix is there to introduce Dragon ability quests.

New Trismus should be an introduction and tutorial island to the game. Advanced concepts and classes like Dragon Lairshaper don't really have any more place there than the rest of the prestige schools, like biped construction classes. Are we going to see a NPC plot on New Trismus soon, and Fitter/Carpenter/Mason/Enchanter/Weaver trainers there soon as well? I understand it is neat to show off a Lair to the newbies, but doesn't a Lair and its associated resources belong on Skalkaar rather than New Trismus?

..and, yes, that is one of my complaints about having such resources on New Trismus; people are going to go there and work their construction, because it is most convenient, so the newbies have to compete with L100 veteran toons for T1 resources.
    Found some Titian Azulyte in the volcano while helping a hatchling with their ROP.

Just an FYI in case it hasn't been noted before.

Devast

In addition to those, there's a rather large field of Viridian Azulyte on Genevia Island, and a smaller amount in the sslanis gem mine, and Crimson Azulyte NE of last stand mixed in with some cobalt and platinum nodes.

Quote Originally Posted by PJ
    [img]/Web/Themes/Generic/images/icon-quote.gif[/img]Death-Knell wrote: [img]/Web/Themes/default/images/icon-quote.gif[/img]Amon Gwareth wrote:

Um we know where those resources are because they've been in game more then a year for most of them. Crystals have been in game a month or so. TG didn't hand us a list of the locations of resources, no, people looked for them.
    Yes, but even after the re-distribution they were placed in large heavy populated nodes in pretty easy to find locals. Not put in the remotest areas with smalll amounts of nodes spread out in a large area. I found the nodes that I needed in less then an hour of searching. A group of us spent hour upon hour looking for these moronic crystals. And still haven't found a lot of what is out there. As this thread speaks, they have made this whole ******** system way to complicated.
    100 Adventure/Crafter following the path of Helian

Expert Lairshaper
    Grand hall complete.

Not all noncrystal resourceswere placed in "large heavy popluated nodes in pretty easy to find locals" Most of the easy resources spots were placed well after the merge. And there's really one one tier of crystals (3) that's really lacking in quantity, and is difficult to find. Its not an issue with crystals in general.

Maybe its just me but...

Has everyone here not noticed that no matter how much complaining happens (logically or not) that to my recollection TG has RARELY if not never changed anything that they implemented to "nerf" or change a system...

WhenI complained about the serious difference in resource requirements for similar lair/biped structures i got told "then be a biped crafter"

Lairs are great... Lair construction requirements are a joke....

Heres your cake but btw you have to do this, this, this and this and then this again before you can eat it....

Deleted, because it no longer matters.
    "Sarcasm! Just one more of the FREE services I offer."

Quote Originally Posted by Flindar
    Has everyone here not noticed that no matter how much complaining happens (logically or not) that to my recollection TG has RARELY if not never changed anything that they implemented to "nerf" or change a system...
    you know.. oddly enough i _have_ noticed that...
    ancient size anyone?
    among many other things i know i'm forgetting

Quote Originally Posted by dorrin
    among many other things i know i'm forgetting

Well then, I'd say it's working pretty well from Tulga's perspective.
    Lumineux Talar

Quote Originally Posted by Pharcellus
    Viridian Azulyte: Found on the Parsinia Mountain in and around the edges of the Blight, in the T1 gem fields just outside the Kion Volcano mine, and around/in the Kion Volcano.
    Quote Originally Posted by PJ
    In addition to those, there's a rather large field of Viridian Azulyte on Genevia Island, and a smaller amount in the sslanis gem mine, and Crimson Azulyte NE of last stand mixed in with some cobalt and platinum nodes.
    I'm prolly stating the obvious but there's also some Viridian nodes inside the Kion mine. I've only ever seen one node in the middle of the upper chamber floor, but there's multiple ones if you head down to the lower chamber.

[:S] Though thatstill doesn't do us much good without a crystalshaping machineon Lesser Aradoth.... *gather gather recall port, gather gather recall port...laaaaag...*

^_^; Devs are slowpokes--let's build one! [:P]

"Devs are slowpokes--let's build one (crystalshaper)!"

I'm all for that. Put a connie in while we're at it; let dragon crafters make a bit of cash. Anyone have a LA lair on Order they would care to donate?
    [G]
    Regards;
    --------->Hasai

"I feel like a fugitive from the Law of Averages."

Thread Information