Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Silo footprints while planning and plot edges

Default Silo footprints while planning and plot edges

Alright, the silo footprint is its BOTTOM, NOT its top. So why is the planning window insisting on using the silos roof as its footprint instead of its ACTUAL footprint, the bottom?

This is EXTREMELY infuriating because I can't plan my silos snuggly to fit against eachother AND the plot edge because the planning window insists the silo is over the plot edge when it's not. The Alignment buttons align the silos using the bottoms footprint as well but damned if I can manually align them like same. And again, even though the alignment button has aligned to the bottom footprint, if I try and build it tells me the silo is over the plot edge.

These are T3 and T5 silos I'm talking about here. Not sure if even numbered silos have the same issues or not.

Can we PLEASE get this fixed?
    (yes, I'm a bit agitated atm so hard to keep that agitation out of my post. ; ) )

Default Re: Silo footprints while planning and plot edges (Mills too)

I am also told that when planning a Mill it is taking the blades into account even though they are not a part of the footprint. This also needs corrections.

Default Re: Silo footprints while planning and plot edges (Mills too) add trees

Tree, Leafy Large is doing the same thing.

Maybe the planning window should *just* have the structure outlines showing instead of the actual structure because it's obvious showing the actual structure in the window is only screwing with the footprints and planning. It *use* to not do this. What's changed???

Default Re: Silo footprints while planning and plot edges (Mills too)

Quote Originally Posted by Snowdonia Honeythorn
    I am also told that when planning a Mill it is taking the blades into account even though they are not a part of the footprint. This also needs corrections.
    The blades dont spin either [:(]
    can that get fixed too ?
    torvos: shadow/chaos shard (on vacation)
    100 mage/100 wizard/100 sorcerer/100 conjuror
    96 chaos warrior
    100 enchanter & member of the dark council

Explorer 86%, Socializer 46%,
    Killer 40%, Achiever 26%

Default Re: Silo footprints while planning and plot edges

I think i can answer why about the silos. Since the Silos' top is wider than the base, you need to take that into effect when planning so that it doesnt intersect with other silos or buildings. If they didnt do that, then who knows how many structures would be overlapping each other. That being said, I think that they should do more for trees, as i have seen plots with trees and go inside the buildings to see the rest of the tree inside of it.

GhostRdr -
    100- RVR, SPRT, HLR, CONJ, SHMN, GRD
    100- BLK, WPN, FIT, MSN

Fayde- 69 Adult Lunus/35 craft
    82nd Level Hoard
    Member of the Dark Council
    Nana & Gerard Guild Communities

No Ghost, that's not the issue here. I have no problems overlapping structure tops with other structures. It is only doing this with the plot edges which is why it is so infuriating and needs to be restored to how it use to be; the planning window ONLY recognizing the structures actual (bottom) footprint and not the structures icon model. Especially at the plot edge.

To get your silos snugger is rotate them 27 degrees.

Quote Originally Posted by Saharas
    To get your silos snugger is rotate them 27 degrees.
    Yes, I do and again, that's not the issue here. Rotated at 27 or not, the planning window, when manually aligning a silo, will stop said silos actual footprint (bottom) from reaching the plot edge because it is using the structures icon top as its footprint in regard to the edges.

This problem only cropped up in the past month or so because I did not have this problem previously.

Please give me something on this Amon. :( It's sad and I want to be happy![:'(]

This is a client issue and I know nothing about those.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Go kick em in the shins for me and tell them to tell me something then. :P

Thanks for the reply though!

This is something new. The first two rows of silos I placed at a 22degree angle and built snugly against the plot line. Last night I go to place more and I can't turn them 22degrees and place them on plot line. Now my plot is going to look dorky cause not all of them are turned the same way.

SHould I go ahead with my 0degree silos, or wait for a fix?
    Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just like to say I'm haveing the same issues and reported them about 3 weeks ago to customer service :/. It's still an open case.

Can we get ANY word on if this is going to get sorted out or not? Over 2 months now and the problem still exists and is completely ruining plot planning.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowdonia Honeythorn
    Can we get ANY word on if this is going to get sorted out or not? Over 2 months now and the problem still exists and is completely ruining plot planning.
    Hey, when it come to silo, it look to me that Tulga won't listen to anyone. Loot at Dragon's silos and how ridiculous they are.

I wish you luck though; maybe they will listen to you in a year or two.
    Dragon Lairs: Istaria's ghetto

Dragonaide its also ridiculous that higher level dragon silos use <15% of the materials a corresponding biped silo takes. Lets hope they adjust that when they adjust your footprints, now, that said, stop trying to highjack the ladies' thread.
    25 months waiting for expert CNF forms. Tired of the intentional deceptions and being kicked in the junk.

ADV: Centenarian Nature Walker; Rating: 162
    Craft: 1900 levels; Craft Rating: 234
    DRGN: Lunus, Adult, 100 DRAG, 100 DCRA, 100 DLSH, Expert Lairshaper (Chaos-04)

No, try not! Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda

If the enemy presents an opportunity, take advantage of it - Sun Tzu

Having problems with my right to speak? Report me or click here *Ignore Seranthor*

Just clarify, this isn't just about silos although the original post was. It's been discovered this problem when planning near/at the plot borders is with any structure with a planning window icon size larger than it's footprint. So shops, trees, silos, ANYTHING.

Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor
    Dragonaide its also ridiculous that higher level dragon silos use <15% of the materials a corresponding biped silo takes. Lets hope they adjust that when they adjust your footprints, now, that said, stop trying to highjack the ladies' thread.
    They may use 15% less ressource, but they give 13 time less bulks.
    People can live with requirement, since it can be done over time. You can't do anything with fixed size.
    And considering our only source of storage are only 'house' and 'guild house', we don't have any other alternative.

Scree

Well not sure if others have that issue, but the dragon lair entrance extends down from level 0 to level 1, meaning you cannot build anything where the entrance (on level 0) is on level 1.
    In effect that takes out 2 plot spots.
    I worked around it, but it's still annoying.
    Not really the same issue, but maybe it's related?

Quote Originally Posted by Scree
    Well not sure if others have that issue, but the dragon lair entrance extends down from level 0 to level 1, meaning you cannot build anything where the entrance (on level 0) is on level 1.
    In effect that takes out 2 plot spots.
    I worked around it, but it's still annoying.
    Not really the same issue, but maybe it's related?
    A lot of room have border issues. They're supposed to take 2 block, but a tiny edge will enter the 3rth block and will prevent you to put anything big next to it. Sometime, it's not bigger than a single line.

I remember back then, when silo actually had a door. People were complaining because that door prevented people from stacking silos next to each other because it would take about 1/3 of the silo size. They fixed that though by simply removing them.

Thread Information