Thread: Crashing to desktop

bluesugar

Default Crashing to desktop

I just installed the game with the the 14 day trial, and every time I create a new character and pick a class, the game freezes and crashes to desktop when I click on my ability in the quickbar to attack the mob. I just recently wiped and reinstalled windows xp home, and have the most up to date drivers right now. I am running a p4 3.2, 1.5 gigs ram, ATi X800 Xt, Sound Blaster Audigy 2zs gamer. I would love to play the game, but if this keeps happening I'm afarid it's going to get uninstalled. Any help is appreciated

bluesugar

Default Re: Crashing to desktop

Hmm, 4 views and no responses. I checked the hardware section and see that this topic may be in the wrong section. Nevertheless, I checked out some threads in the hardware section and it appears that there are others with the same problem, yet no solution. Doesn't seem to be worth the time in a free trial for a game that's been around this long and has these kind of crashes to stick with. Good luck to those with the same problems and adios!

Have you submitted a ticket at https://support.istaria.com ? Also bear in mind that only giving ten minutes for a response to a forum post is a little bit abrupt - it's now roughly six hours since you posted and I for one have only just read your topic. Not that me reading it counts for anything, I merely check the forums a few times a day when I get a chance.

Basically I figured I could help you by pointing you in the direction of the support site since that's the official means of getting support from the developers and the forums are about player to player communication so replies to posts here are not obligated. Don't get me wrong, if someone sees your post and has a possible solution then no doubt we'll post, but if you want to get a response from support staff who are more experienced with such issues then getting a ticket in and having a little bit of patience goes a long way towards getting a solution [:)]

I hope you end up with a solution after contacting the support team, and can enjoy what the land of Istaria has to offer [:)]

Just realised this still said Ice....oopsie

Patience is a virtue.....

Anyway, if you do actually come back and read this tzael is right, contact support. Firewall issues could be a problem causing game to freeze, try disabling it and reloading.
    However, if you havent bothered coming back hopefully this will help someone else with a bit more patience!
    Give Unity the support it deserves!

Thread Information