Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: This is crazy...

Dashing Rouge

Default This is crazy...

Over the last few years I have playedmy share of MMORPGs, Everquest (pvp server) ShadowBane, FFXI even some WoW and Anarchy Online. But none of them have had the cool Crafting and style of character building like Horizons, maybe only FFXI with its job changing and what not but it still does not come near. But Horizons eats it up in landscape and items variety. So, no mater how you look at it Horizons is a great game!which makes me wonder for all its looks and good game play! why there is so much left out

No kinds of "Pets" or guards to hire in some way, from cities or by magic. No way to build fame up or to have some kind of faction with a town to build trust or to get cool missions, forget any camaraderie with one city! heck you fly around all day going from place to place and don?t really care about THE TOWN or the people/race in it!don?t even ask aboutPVP, No City vs city pvp, no open areas for pvp, No guild pvp. That style of game play is simply not there This game is also missing its Archtype classes/schools, Mage, Warrior, Thief. This game calls thief ranger but that?s just a offshoot of warrior. Thieves ARE a part of day to day life in RPG games! BEST Thief I have ever seen in a MMORPG was in Shadowbane... but some how I don?t think players could ever stand the idea of there fragile world being shattered some how by a smooth talking thief getting away with some of your gems, techs, copper and GOD SAVE YOU, SILVER. The other problem I have with how this game is going. Is more and more easy to get items from venders. I was pissed when I found out you could BUY some techs! But now i find that armor and spells are out there too! This means that even this games kick ****** Crafting is starting to become ( Much like with EverQuest ) useless. no one gives a *bleep* if no one likes unteched items! Point is that now they have gone from worthless to most of the older players to under valued by the new players who would be happy to get any kind of spell!

This games is just turning worthless u.u

I want to see some form of PVP and mass combat. I want to see ( if the venders are not taken out ) the venders to be one of a kind so its a big deal to find the spell one or the armor one. I want to see More classes and schools put in, and lets look this time at the Assassin/Thief side of the spectrum. Guards and pets for those who have the spells or the fame in towns to gain lacks, and most of all, I want to see all the darn teleports GONE,Yes,I said gone! take a boat! And just THINK how those items would gain value if you had to walk from one side to the other to get the components needed! Think about it people. You all want it easy i know! but the fun is in the QUEST not in the end produced of a super high level with knows all the crafts in and out but forgot how to do the simple things...

The King of Thieves
    Opportunity sides with he who dares

Default Re: This is crazy...

Umm, would you like fries with that?
    Before you criticize anyone, walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticize him, you'll be a mile away. And you'll have his shoes.

Dashing Rouge

LOL

Why always PvP? Do you people even READ the concept of the game? The Living Races are all allied together to beat the Withered Aegis. Beating each other up would be helping them win....which just seems stupid.

There are other notes I didn't like but the PvP one is the one that's really been irking me lately.
    Nayuaka and Nayukhuut. Freelance Helian lorekeepers of Chaos.

Dashing Rouge

But PVP is FUN! And you cant go on for years being all friends and not have some fight over land or who owns what. Its not that the game is not around pvp its that there is NONE at all! thats what makes me think there is some thing WRONG with it

Tell me what purpose a thief/rogue would have in this game? Please don't base it off your knowledge from other games because they are not HZ. Base it off the lore and knowledge of HZ.

What role would a rogue/thief fill in HZ? What would there be for them to do?

Dashing Rouge

You have a point... If you have no traps in your home or in a cave or out in the open set by what ever monsters and if there are no key items to steal or ways to mess with target spell casters there is no need for a thief in any group! But the fact that there is no need for a skilled based character in the game shows that there is a problem

as i said before, you cant have a good RPG game with out having all 3 of the arch types. If you want to go in to Sub groups from there go on.And now it looks like some need for them to ^^ ... If there was Evil cities or you could try to steal from some ones home... traps would come in to play and locks and all that :) Why cant i work for the Undead and steal from you? Or be a good Thief and get you in to the lairs of some of this evil dudes and unlock boxes or some thing... But there are no locked boxes or traps ... some thing is missing huh?

nice name ^_^

Dashing Rouge

Quote Originally Posted by cattoy
    nice name ^_^
    Why thank you ;)

Dashing Rouge

not right! you want to know what a thief could do? Well here you go! Lose the Teleports and have things like armor, weapons and magic made in ONE city for each! THEN add in !caravans! They can send out armor and weapons to ALL the little cites! With the same new add in of caravans you can add in other stupid junk that goes from town to town, some times nice junk ;) You add in NPCs for it that will give out quests and what not... But guess who the only people are who can get the info on when this things are going out? :D That?s right! The Dashing Rouges :P Assassins and Bounty Hunters! Now you have some think for use thieves to do and make good money... AND You have added a think for the good guys and girls too! Some times those caravans need guards, and if the other cities don?t get those things the cities might not have things you need... so ... you just put in what is good and bad about the thieves... They should add in random spawns of boxes with monsters in the land who guard it till its stolen, they are killed or it just goes away.

The darn players who really start stealing good stuff from caravans can have bounties. Now you have some PVP fun.It work, I don?t see whythis game does not see how combat, back stabbing and crime brings out the GOOD in people and in the game

All that effort to accomodate one school that serves no purpose currently and doesn't exist... I don't see it happening. Plus, getting around in HZ is already tedious and time comsuming enough. I doubt people will appreciate their portals being taken away to accomodate a newly born school. :P

I'm not saying I wouldn't like to see Rogues in the game. Hell, I'd LOVE to see a lot of schools in the game that were mentioned during beta and at release. But it's not going to happen.

And sorry, but try and think out of the box a minute. The EQ style of play where certain classes are absolutely necessary for a group of adventurers to be successful is preferential and leads to separatism. I REALLY don't want to see exclusion become the norm in HZ because someone doesn't fit the bill of what is missing in a group.

There are a lot of things wrong with the game, but making accomodations for a new school is not a way to fix it. They should just be fixed anyways.

*Hugs her teleport rings* Yes, I wouldn't rather not fly everywhere thank you. Even worse for the poor bipeds who'd have to walk everywhere. Istaria is big...NPCs have stated boats get attacked. The portals are nice and you're the only person I have ever seen to suggest they go away.

Oh yes, and PvP is fun at times I'm sure, but ONLY if it goes with the lore. In Horizons it does not. The Withered Aegis are a threat that goes above everything else and people arn't going to worry their borders when all of their lives and hopes are at stake. PvP in an arena now that is good. Little tournament type things but it should never be world wide city against city type thing.Itjust doesn't make sence in the war type situation Istaria is in.

Also people do in a sence hold allegiances to cities in a sort. Each race has a specific city that their race (except Satyrs and Dryads)calls home. Dragons have two infact. Half-giants have Mahagra, Dwarves have Aughundell, Sslik have Sslanis, Saris have Kion, Humans have Dalimond, Fiends have Kirasanct, Gnomes have Rachival (although due to the Withered Aegis their city has been destroyed and they were forced to relocate to a new city called New Rachival), Elves have Feladan, and Dragons have the Cities of Dralk and Chiconis.

PS. I realize that Dryads and Satyrs have cities too....but the Satyr one hasn't been freed and the Dryad one is still in another dimension.

Dashing Rouge

I don?t think that any class should ever be necessary for a group. In fact I don?t like EQs and FFXIs way of wanting you to group and to NEED other people u.u and im not saying that they need to but effort in to accommodating THAT school... If you add crime it gives some thing for every one to do! ... Cities are lifeless in HZ and having there be a underworld to it would add life to them in many ways then just helping or making a thief ok.

I don?t want a thief for a group :) I want a thief so that there is some thing new!!! >.< ... Do I think HZ will do this? No... Players who like HZ like the crafting and the little stuff that goes with it ... I just feel that with a game that?s crafting is SO good, races and what they look like is so good and a world that is so big that we could add some thing TO it for every one... He likes crafting The other guy likes combat and the guy in the back likes to look around this huge world but ( and this is for every thing NOT just us GTA people who like pvp and thieves :P ) there should be a deeper thought in to many things... Mass combat of some sort? Taking and holding place and losing some place from the undead? Crime is my thing. What about some way to make custom spells? We can change what weapons look like but what about giving property to spells and graphics to them? How about giving the players the code to the game so we can come up with emotes and things that NPCs can do so we don?t just stand there and look dumb >.< or have the small list that we do? They could send the code that is done to HZ and have the people look it over and we could be getting new stuff every week from the players them self! Don?t say it can?t happen... Did you see what people did with Doom 3 and WarCraft 3?... I just don?t get why we don?t see the same thing like with how deep the crafting is with other stuff. *shrug* ... maybe I am asking too much from the games of today?

Saying I think inside the box is ok :P but ill im asking for is NEW things and stuff to make the game harder. NOT just craft and kill O.o Craft some more and kill some more >.> Oh look ... I crafted ^^ and ... KILLED SOME MORE XD

Dashing Rouge

Quote Originally Posted by Nayuaka
    *Hugs her teleport rings* Yes, I wouldn't rather not fly everywhere thank you. Even worse for the poor bipeds who'd have to walk everywhere. Istaria is big...NPCs have stated boats get attacked. The portals are nice and you're the only person I have ever seen to suggest they go away.

Oh yes, and PvP is fun at times I'm sure, but ONLY if it goes with the lore. In Horizons it does not. The Withered Aegis are a threat that goes above everything else and people arn't going to worry their borders when all of their lives and hopes are at stake. PvP in an arena now that is good. Little tournament type things but it should never be world wide city against city type thing.Itjust doesn't make sence in the war type situation Istaria is in.

Also people do in a sence hold allegiances to cities in a sort. Each race has a specific city that their race (except Satyrs and Dryads)calls home. Dragons have two infact. Half-giants have Mahagra, Dwarves have Aughundell, Sslik have Sslanis, Saris have Kion, Humans have Dalimond, Fiends have Kirasanct, Gnomes have Rachival (although due to the Withered Aegis their city has been destroyed and they were forced to relocate to a new city called New Rachival), Elves have Feladan, and Dragons have the Cities of Dralk and Chiconis.

PS. I realize that Dryads and Satyrs have cities too....but the Satyr one hasn't been freed and the Dryad one is still in another dimension.
    ... have you EVER seen a Dwarf think it was ok to let the Dragons or Giants have a fair share of gold? u.u They have books bigger then them of people they hate >.< How many days go by when you play? I see the moon come up and down up and down... Are you telling me that no greedy human wanted some little part of land that the Gnomes had some deed to years ago!? *shakes head* There combat all the time u.u AND i think there would be combat in the inner workings of the bad guys too! Im thinking that we should be able to play Evil or Good! ... we know that when we play that the gifted and they can come back and that?s why we get to go out and fight for them ^^ BUT ... what would happened if a Gifted was taken by the Undead and so much Necromancy was pumped in to them that a Nagash would say "Wow i cant even do that with a Total power card!"... Ta-da... Evil Gifted :) Who just keep coming back like the good ones and are the only kind of Undead who can gain xp ;) ... Do i think this will happen? :) No But WHY is it not a idea that?s being played with? >.<

Yes yes we all have cities that we can "CALL" Home. But there is no real need to be grounded to any of them... again ... lifeless...

Im sure Teleports will be there! but why not have one from one side of the world to the other and leave it at that? If we want to get a teleport to one place lets get a magic run from a dwarf or lizard man, Wizards can zap us there, dragons could fly us if we put on some sort of riding add on! And with that horses for the bipeds who don?t have dragon friends to make the time less from point to point! AND there is a new side of the game! what kind of animal to ride! A Beastmaster could train and keep animals in his land or Summon them up after he has one. If they die he needs to take the time to get a new one... I would LOVE a class like that! Its NEW and not like what most games have... THINK people and TELL them what would be cool >.<

Dashing Rouge

I dont know why my posts have that stuff in it >.<

Dashing Rouge

Quote Originally Posted by Kumu Honua
    [img]/Web/Themes/Generic/images/icon-quote.gif[/img]Dashing Rouge wrote: [img]/Web/Themes/default/images/icon-quote.gif[/img]cattoy wrote: nice name ^_^

Why thank you [img]/Web/emoticons/emotion-5.gif[/img]

I think they were making fun of your being a handsome make-up....
    and i think every one is taken by my charm and good looks [:)]

If you don't like what i say and cant tell me why its a bad idea, fine [:P] but you know you would just run away from me if i found you in a cold dark little pvp area [H]

Actually Kumu would prolly put you in a world of hurt... Just my opinion and all since he could prolly do more damage in one hit then you have HP. :P

Oh, and people don't really join the Withered Aegis. For the most part the WA will kill you, reanimate you and use you undead body for it's purposes but you wouldn't be anything resembling who you were before. Sort of a powerful lifeless husk. Also...the WA don't need gifted half of them respawn like we do and can beat us down in a one on one fight already. -_- (talking named here not your average zombie)

PS:Although I do think being able to play the other side would be nice, it would make no sense for the Gifted to play it since they would just kill you and use you anyway. I'd say playing a charactor from the realm of blight...but that wouldn't work so well either cause they can't exist here all that well normally. But anyway I do think it would add depth to the war we're suposed to be having. Though at the same time I do like that this is a PvE game....

Quote Originally Posted by Nayuaka
    Why always PvP? Do you people even READ the concept of the game? The Living Races are all allied together to beat the Withered Aegis. Beating each other up would be helping them win....which just seems stupid.

There are other notes I didn't like but the PvP one is the one that's really been irking me lately.
    coming up on two years now, and that concept of the game has yet to be implemented.

The "we are at war with aegis" if often used to refute the pvp arguement. and it would be valid if that actually were the case. fact is, we really arn't at war with them... at most it's an escalated conflict. (aka the grinding by leveling off them, and some threadbare lore)

I'm almost to the point where I could care less if its pvp or war with WA. just so long as it gets put in the game already, and is fun. I would preferr the war with WA. but as of today, we are much closer to the PvP realization. since the "opponents" need zero programming its actually feasible. whereas this "war" we have been promised hasnt even been publicly outlined yet...
    torvos: shadow/chaos shard (on vacation)
    100 mage/100 wizard/100 sorcerer/100 conjuror
    96 chaos warrior
    100 enchanter & member of the dark council

Explorer 86%, Socializer 46%,
    Killer 40%, Achiever 26%

Dashing Rouge

The Dead dont gain Xp,well its all in how the game sees it i guess. BUT I don?t think the Dead should be able to gain xp at all! even up to some form of a Lich. That?s why i think a "Undead" or some necromancy Gifted WOULD be a "pet" to the WA that they would need, we don?t die, so we are not Undead really, but yet we are still Kinda sorta in a way under there control. But being living we can learn and try new attacks! its what makes us better then the rest of there followers... you see what im getting at? that?s why I think you could still have gifted Evil guys and girls

But what we play is not the point, I just (like i said before) want MORE from this great frame of a game. Its like all the parts are there but they stopped before going on [:'(] i know the game had money cut on it and had problems. But (again, as i said before) let the players help! Games that put out there code have had GOOD things come out and i think a mmorpg that tried that and had its players send stuff in to look over would be cool... any way... i don?t think any thing cool will come out from HZ for some time [:^)]

Dashing Rouge

Quote Originally Posted by tjl
    [img]/Web/Themes/Generic/images/icon-quote.gif[/img]Nayuaka wrote: Why always PvP? Do you people even READ the concept of the game? The Living Races are all allied together to beat the Withered Aegis. Beating each other up would be helping them win....which just seems stupid.

There are other notes I didn't like but the PvP one is the one that's really been irking me lately.coming up on two years now, and that concept of the game has yet to be implemented.

The "we are at war with aegis" if often used to refute the pvp arguement. and it would be valid if that actually were the case. fact is, we really arn't at war with them... at most it's an escalated conflict. (aka the grinding by leveling off them, and some threadbare lore)

I'm almost to the point where I could care less if its pvp or war with WA. just so long as it gets put in the game already, and is fun. I would preferr the war with WA. but as of today, we are much closer to the PvP realization. since the "opponents" need zero programming its actually feasible. whereas this "war" we have been promised hasnt even been publicly outlined yet...
    WOOT

Now, i want to see mass combat with NPC pets and taking and holding land and losing it! But i think PVP would be a nice add on if there was a real war going on.

But think about it. Some times the WA do attack but does it feel like a war? I dont think so. I just craft all day and walk around and kill some undead now and then [:S]

Thread Information