Thread: Removing harvesting skill cap

Default Removing harvesting skill cap

I dunno about anyone else, but harvesting is an extremely TEDIOUS, TIMECONSUMING, and BORING part of crafting. This is especially true when you are working with materials you get zero experience for but need them to build with, fill an order, or what have you.

I would really love to see the harvesting caps removed to facilitate less tedium while working on XP-less, lower tiered resources. Sand and Water both have their caps removed and I think it would benefit the game if the other resources did as well.

The less time a high level has to spend in an XP-less, low level field the less time they are competing with players who are there to actually level.

Think about it and concider this please. :)

Default Re: Removing harvesting skill cap

Yes i agree with this let us gather sandstone about 30 slabs at a time im fed up with digging sandstone for walls and my dragons at the pace i would gather marble as ur skill grows the skill rate u gather stuff should raise too it talkes me about 20 - 30mins to fill an entire disk with sandstone bricks for use to let us gather at a fast rate than normal :) and yes this will include dragons also becuase thier skill is improved too in mining and quarrying :)

As nice as it would be to see this happen, it probably shouldn't. There is too much of a balance to just break and bust up by doing it, low level players will be pushed out when it comes to construction. It is annoying to be capped on lowly sandstone, etc but it is one thing that does bring cash to lower levels, and keeps the economy going... they can't just destroy that.

The fact that it is tedious and annoying creates sales oppertunities for beginning crafters. I've been telling the newcomers in New Player Assistance to start stocking the dragon cities with T1 processed resources and uncut gems for a couple weeks. Paying for convenience helps build a strong lower-tier economy.
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos
    "Death is fleeting. Pride is forever."

"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."-- Abraham Lincoln

I put in a suggestion awhile back that miners/gatherers should get unmasterable abilities that allowed for uncapped gathering.

i.e. at level 1 they get Mining I, Quarrying I
    at level 20 they get Mining II, Quarrying II, Superior Mining I, Superior Quarrying I
    allowing regular gathering of t2 resources and uncapped gathering of t1 resources

Reward for people actually being miner/gatherers.
    PersonalJustice the Demon Slayer - Chaos

Master Crafter: 1900 Levels

WTB Undead Legions. Paying $12.95/month

There are few miner/gatherers, since it would be unmasterable it would rarely be used, though everyone would start gathering in miner/gatherer for construction. It might work if the miner/gatherer only unlocked 2 tiers below the tier you are on, etc.

Dragons would be too they could have quests for this abilty and it would help thier lairshaping and would help them to aid dragons in thier crafting and yes i help dragons craft as well for hour son end because then they help me back its give and take

Thread Information