Thread: Okay can someone make sense of this for me plz

will rock

Default Okay can someone make sense of this for me plz

Before u read this just remeber this is all my opinion and plz dont slam into me because i think different about THIS %GAME% (emphisis on game) Okay so horizons owners uped the abilty of monsters in the past which some refer to as the merge or something... Which has clearly made it harder to fight monsters.. And according to some people this has ruined their class (monks for example). IM okay with that but it really is difficult to level the healer classes which in my opinion and some others u need to kill monsters successfully today. . Yes they get alot of heals but the damaged over time they do is ridiculous......And with the monsters tweak at merge u almost need to be healer or cleric to survive. Some classes people will not play because they are not strong enough......This is what i think.......To survive in this game u have to multiclass with some type of healer class (druid, cleric healer) take ur pick... healer usually the best and hardest to solo raise of them all. I dont agree that is not right...Dragon have one class or am I mistaken. So why cant bipeds be strong like dragons are and just take one class. I saw a level 50 dragon taking out level 90 monsters....If u dont bellieve me im sorry i saw it. So then explain this part to me why nerf groups so bad when uve already tweaked monsters. The best way to raise healer is thru groups. Now its nerfed. A low level character cant come out with a high level group and raise healer by healing higher level characters. im not saying im for quick leveling, im not saying im against it. IM just going by what ive seen and heard thru other players. Now maybe im way off base.....But dont u think they should re-evaluate some of the classes that no one will play anymore because they are so difficult. If they are pushing us towards multiclassing with healer can we have some other way to raise it a little faster? I hope someone can understand what im getting at here with this post.....Ill probably get all chewed out about this by some people......But just things dont make sense to me about what the horzons develpores are doing. Wheres the biped love? Where monk love ? It seem the dragon are in control right now ......Partly because tulga wants money i believe and some of these questionable move i wonder if they did it for a player to have to stay longer and pay more. They are a company and they need to make money. But look at Asheron's call. That company has done nothing but improve the game for the players making things easier and more enjoyable.. Instead of quick easy fixes to thing that arent thought out......Thiese are jsut my opinions . So dont be to offended by them.....Im just curious if anybody else thinks how i do or thinks something is drastically wrong. ON i final note why does mage get such high armor use if they are spellcaster and can only can wear leather armor.....Everytime i think about that im just like okay that messed. Okay now let the slamming begin. :(.

Default Re: Okay can someone make sense of this for me plz

Umm, I don't really see anything offensive in your post (though I'd suggest that in future posts you might want to split up your thoughts into different, shorter paragraphs to make them more readable).

I'm not quite sure what your overall thrust is here, but I would certainly agree that monks (and a couple of other adventure classes) have needed fixes for some time, and now that dragon lairs and the ARoP have been completed we can all hope that the devs will now turn the majority of their attention to completing biped classes with lore and quests unique to them. That will take time, and I'm patient enough to wait on them.

I would, however, disagree with your notion that dragons are somehow unfairly overpowered compared to bipeds. Dragons cannot multiclass in adventuring schools like bipeds can. And from my personal observations playing a 100 Chaos Warrior/100 Cleric/60 Crossbowman (hey, how many crossbowmen do you know?), as well as a 100th level dragon, it seems to me that an Ancient dragon is about the equivalent of a biped meleer with 2, perhaps 3, adventuring classes under their belts. While certainly dragons have the ability to inflict more damage with such things as Gold Rage and Silver Strike, that is true only if those special attacks actually hit. Nothing is more depressing to a dragon to see each of his three Gold Rage strikes hit nothing but air. And dragons don't have near the healing abilities of either Clerics or Healers.

Dragons may do better than most bipeds of equal level against critters one-on-one, but due to the limited number of spells in their arsenal, and even more limited AoE spells, they will never be able to mass farm beasties like multiclassed biped spellslingers can.

So dragons are good at killing some things, not so good at other things. It's called balance. And I don't have a problem with it myself.
    Before you criticize anyone, walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticize him, you'll be a mile away. And you'll have his shoes.

Your rigth you'll get chewed, brecause you said two bad word "level faster". But hey some like to chew others.

Your assessment of the situation is about rigth. Pre-Merge, I used to have fun playing healer, been satisfyed standing behind the tanks and healing. The xp was then shared properly beetween evryone in the group. Post merge where the killing became important, I took spiritist which allowed me to hit for damage beetwen the healing's. And I kept getting a good share of the xp.Then came the chapter 11 and the great migration of the players to more greener pasture. It was now hard to find people to hunt with depending of your timezone and the actual time you could play. Another phenomena of the time, you now saw really 2 type of players the 40+ hours and the less then 10 hrs. So the great gap happend in level and people found that the only way to catch the 40+ hours folks was powerlevelling, which brougth the great group nerf plague. So now unless you have a friend same level as you, all you can really do is soloing.And the way mobs are set, if your not a battle type cahracter forget it, your in thewrong game.If you're a lucky "group support" type class dude, you will die at the hand of mobs 10 levels lower then you. So all you can do now is ensure your main class has a lot of defense /attack skill (a warrior type) and combine with a powerfull stun power (druid & mage). Sarcastic you may say, but the truth.

I currently trying to raise guardian to level 100, so that I don't die when mobs hit me from their migthy tripple blows. But as soon as I can get a good armor, and defensive skill .. it's back to healer for me , because it's a great class to play. No xp since I'm level 100 and they not raising the xp cap.. but I'll play a class that I like.

So If I can suggest ... try dual class a paladin or guardian with your healer. Do keep them level close so the ""rating beast"" does not hurt you in forcing you to attack and kill mobs way above your level to get good XP.

Don't give up on the game yet .. their is always hope that Tulga will see the ligth one of these days.
    Nalrach, Healer & Guardian, Member of the "Iron Circle" guild
    Ramti, Friendly draggy trying to wake-up from long nap.

It is generally acknowledged that some classes need some work to make them comparable to others.

To pick up on one of your points (not discounting the others) the reason that Hz cannot really have a single biped class which is comparable with a dragon, the way that it is structured right now. If a single biped class was that strong - as soon as it was multiclassed, it would be overpowering.

Possibly, TG could think about making a new biped class which was not able to be multi-ed. Using the dragon class as a model.

Obviously this would not happen soon as there is a lot that needs to be done before introducing new classes.

I would like to note that not all schools NEED to be multiclassed in order to be successful. Not even less popular schools need multiclassing to be viable. I should know, I play a single classed Spearman and I challenge you to find ANY other Spearman on Chaos who play them as their main school with their main character.

See, Spearman is TOTALLY multiclass UNfriendly unless you play it as your main school. There are all of 2 Spearman only abilities that are masterable and one of them is completely damageless. Now, I'm not knocking my school I LOVE Spearman to death and had a really hard time branching out to other schools with my alt chars. but fact is, unless you plan to take up Spearman as your main school and multiclass to compliment it, there's no point bothering to pick it up. I told a friend in game as much the other day.

Now, I may not be able to kill mobs 20 levels higher than me, Kill things in one hit, or kill mobs enmass, but I can go toe to toe with mobs my rating to about 5 levels give or take above my rating (mob type depending) and kick some butt with a bit of time. Yes, it was *my* choice to single class her and I accept my limitations because I've no intention to shoot for uberness. but my point is, you don't have to take Cleric or Healer in order to be a viable school.

Ranger is a close Second... I played my ranger to 100th level almost single class (9 levels of cleric so I could rez people)

Now before people start saying "Ranger gets Dark Cyclone, gets to wear armor, and has druid spell ability" let me set you straight (And AAO can confirm)

Ranger (straight ranger) cannot do the DPS that dragons and melee fighters can. We plink and run. There are some combos that when executed properly can bring down a 110th level abomination, but after you blow your specials to kill "1" mob, you either have to wait until your specials are back up, or use conventional attacks against another mob which gets dangerous.

Dark Cyclone (although it looks neat) is a joke running a straight ranger. Against a same level mob, there is a REALLY GOOD chance the spell fails against the Mob and now you have to wait 18+ minutes for it to recharge for the next round. The damage output if it does hit is anywhere between 270-350 points of AoE (if it hits)

This brings me to the need for Multi-Class for some of us. taking 36 levels of Mage allows you to master Multi-Cast and Perfect-Spell. with those 2 combos with Dark Cyclone, you get an "always hits" triple damage spell that does about 1000+ points of AoE damage.

Guess what??? most mobs you will be fighting have 2000+ points of health and won't go down quite easily, so best use it after you (or your team) has whittled away the health of the attacking crowd and help do a mob wipe with it.

I see your point though, some classes are challenging (it was really a good challenge) to get 1 class to 100th without multiclassing "healer" for buffs and extra healing power.
    Justa Mirage: Ranger 100 / Healer 92 / Carpentry 100 / Confectioner 100 / Fletching 92 / Weaver 62 / Gatherer 34
    Flatspin: Ancient Lunus Dragon 100 / Craft 100 / Lairshaping 100

Quote Originally Posted by Snowdonia Honeythorn
    Yes, it was *my* choice to single class her and I accept my limitations because I've no intention to shoot for uberness. but my point is, you don't have to take Cleric or Healer in order to be a viable school.
    Very true.

You do not need a sinlge point of life skill in this game to be viable. It will help a TON, but it is not needed. You may have to choose your battles very carefully, die a lot more, and run away to save your life... but in the end you will be a more seasoned fighter for it.
    torvos: shadow/chaos shard (on vacation)
    100 mage/100 wizard/100 sorcerer/100 conjuror
    96 chaos warrior
    100 enchanter & member of the dark council

Explorer 86%, Socializer 46%,
    Killer 40%, Achiever 26%

A bit of history, just for the record. For a long time, Dragons were a very difficult class; they needed hoard, but it was difficult to build, and even worse, evaporated over time even though it was not used. Their armor was very weak, and they had little damage, weak spells, and weaker heals. And of course most of them left the game. Those that lasted were both determined and skilled.

Slowly the blunders were repaired, until finally (and recently at that) they are what they should have been all along; wyrms of might, wreakers of havoc among the Withered Aegis.

Their game play and advancement are unique among the races of Istaria; you might want to try a dragon alt sometime. It'seducational.

PS. Ranger, with thoughtful multiclassing, is also great; the spirit of the class is retained, but amplified.
    ____Kulamata Quality Armor___
    None Genuine without this Pawprint `',''

Achiever 86%, Explorer 60%, Socializer 46%, Killer 6%.

Yes, ranger is a good example of a good class premerge (singley) that got ripped to shreds and wrecked in the post-merge mobs. Their dps was always low, to the point now that they fail to do damage to some of the more heavily armoured targets (Rangers are 1 up on healers for dps), post merge our very low nature skills could actually hit and stun mobs, we could root mobs and save ourselves... now we are forced to multiclass.

That being said, the reward for time spent factor is still way off. It takes as much time to level a dragon to 100 as a ranger, but the rewards for dragon (even without hoard) is incredibly higher. I feel the devs screwed up royally by just handing dragons a ton of power for little to no work compared to grinding out 4 or 5 biped classes. I wish they would have fixed dragons by even adding in the most basic of dragon multiclassing (a cleric but not a healer, a mage type but not prestiges, a gatherer type for crafting, etc). You can consider hoard a class, but at the current rate of drop now, its not that difficult to gain.

I can sympathize with how poorly the class system is set up, and if changes and balances do happen, I'm sure they'll end up making things a lot worse and half finished like every other change they've made in the last while.

I've known one or two occasions where a ranger soloed Mhedon while wearing cargo; seems to me they can be very effective.
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos
    "Death is fleeting. Pride is forever."

"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."-- Abraham Lincoln

Yes... but were those rangers "pure rangers" or 100/100/100 Multi-classed uberness elite?
    Justa Mirage: Ranger 100 / Healer 92 / Carpentry 100 / Confectioner 100 / Fletching 92 / Weaver 62 / Gatherer 34
    Flatspin: Ancient Lunus Dragon 100 / Craft 100 / Lairshaping 100

Back when I was a single classed ranger I was able to solo Mhedon in cargo armor - but this is a very poor metric for characterizing effectiveness. Soloing Mhedon generally involves 10-15 mins of pure kiting - smack him with DC at the start, then kite around while flurry and various abilities recycle. With several minutes of kiting allowed, there are very few schools that cannot do this. Doing it "in cargo" doesn't prove much either, since the whole point is not to get hit - and Mhedon flattened me in a couple hits whether I was in cargo or in chain armor. Given that people in this thread are complaining about class balance, pointing out that a ranger can "solo" Mhedon doesn't really prove or disprove that at all.

A ranger doesn't do great damage, but they tend to make up for it in other aspects. In my opinion it's one of the better single classes out there, especially for crafting. All of my crafting was essentially done as a single-classed ranger.

Sure multiclassing can grant your great power, but I wouldn't say it is required. I survived quite well for over a year with basically none.

Adv: 12x100, 72 Wizard, 60 Warrior, 40 CHSW, 10 Monk (200)
    Craft: 19x100, 100 Tailor (234)
    [extended vacation]

Thread Information