Thread: 14 day trial

Rheassi

Default 14 day trial

I got an email today about the 14 day free trial. Why are you asking for a CC number for a free trial? I do not want and Iam not goingto give out my CC number for something that is suspose to be free.Are there any other options for trying the game?

Thank you,

Rheassi

Default Re: 14 day trial

If you play on USA servers, they require CC. There are no other options available; to try the trial, you need to give a CC number. The 14 days are free though, if you cancel before those days are up you pay nothing. You'll notice though that most games, including WoW, will ask your CC details before it allows you to enter the game.

Dragon adventurer 100 | Dragon crafter 100 | Dragon lairshaper 84

Rheassi

Thank you for your reply.Twice now I have done free trials and been charged by 2 different companies after canceling the accounts.Both companies refused to refund.

A 3rd company pinged my CC for a full montly free to see if my card was valid and took 10 days to refund it. That is why I no longer do fee trials that require credit cards.

On a side note I currenly have a WoW account and an EQ2 account and I have no CC details on either account. They are not required.

Thank you again and take care!!

Rheassi

I find it highly unlikely companies just offer you free trials then bill you anyways. Unless you didn't follow the rules, or cancel in time... because it is illegal for them to do that.

Thread Information