Thread: Problems viewing trailers

Default Problems viewing trailers

I was wondering if anyone else downloaded the "new Trailers" at the community site. I downloaded them to get a look see and when I play them all I get is music and the default visualizationinstead of any video. Since they are avi files, Window media player should play them. Is there somecodec that doesn't come default with WMP that I need to download?

Default Re: Problems viewing trailers

Quote Originally Posted by Meloric
    I was wondering if anyone else downloaded the "new Trailers" at the community site. I downloaded them to get a look see and when I play them all I get is music and the default visualizationinstead of any video. Since they are avi files, Window media player should play them. Is there somecodec that doesn't come default with WMP that I need to download?
    Let me go look, but they might be encoded using Divx or something... Windows Media doesn't support quite a few of the codecs people use.

If you don't want to wait for me to ferret out the fourCC of the video, try googling 'VLC' for a player that is to video what a swiss army knife is to tools. It's great and the price is right (read: free)

Yeah, they're in Divx 5.0... VLC is probably your best bet to view them.

Thanks, I have DivxPlayer on my system. [:$] I just didn't think to try it since the files are avi and figured WMP should have played them... LOL

Thread Information