Thread: Crashing in tutorial when action used

Karapeters

Default Crashing in tutorial when action used

I have a terrible time anytime I want to create a new character. In the tutorial, no matter what race/class I am, when it comes time to use an action requiring a hotkey like Dragon Mining or even just plain attack, I crash to the desktop. I log in again, and the very same thing happens all over again. Once in a blue moon by sheer luck and logging in and out again and trying again I am able to complete the action so I can move out of the tutorial. Does anyone else have this problem? I don't have it anywhere else but in the tutorial.

Default Re: Crashing in tutorial when action used

Quote Originally Posted by Karapeters
    I have a terrible time anytime I want to create a new character. In the tutorial, no matter what race/class I am, when it comes time to use an action requiring a hotkey like Dragon Mining or even just plain attack, I crash to the desktop. I log in again, and the very same thing happens all over again. Once in a blue moon by sheer luck and logging in and out again and trying again I am able to complete the action so I can move out of the tutorial. Does anyone else have this problem? I don't have it anywhere else but in the tutorial.
    I ran into the same issue my first day, where every time I'd do something in the tutorial I'd end up looking at my desktop. I finally stopped and fiddled with my video and sound settings a bit, and since then it has all worked fine with several new characters.

Now, I'm not sure it was something I set specifically... I'm thinking that just changing something and saving the preferences fixes it.

So try that and see if it helps.

Thread Information