Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Horizons Crafting Calculator 2 (HCC) Updated

Matecuss

Default Horizons Crafting Calculator 2 (HCC) Updated

After a long time in the making, I can finally announce the release of the new version of HCC. The current version is v2.23 has has come along way (and still has plenty more to go, to get all the features we want in). Go download it at the main HCC site which contains full instructions for use,

http://hcc.reclamation.dk/

HCC is a Windows Application for the Fantasy MMORPG game Horizons which allows it's Players to browse through the huge ingame item/formula, technique and components database, create orders as well as manage a crafter profile.

Version 2 of this utility is much improved upon, with lots of new features.

- Up-to-date. Formula and Technique databases are derived from in-game logs, to ensure the information mirrors the game as closely as possible.
    - Complete Client rewrite. The HCC application is now much faster, with a smaller footprint. Download is 1.7mb, main application 400kb only.
    - Flexible. The vast majority of the interface can be resized and hidden, to suit whatever system/screen used.
    - Live Update. HCC now has the ability to request the latest version of it's database on-demand from the internet.
    - Search. Find the perfect gear for your Adventure/Craft School, lookup Formulae that may hold a specific technique.
    - Ingame Support. Publish Orders ingame via Clipboard and organize your trophies during hunts (windowed only)
    - New Features. Includes many frequently requested ideas not included with the original version (except dancing dwarves).

I'll use this thread to provide notice of any new versions of this utlity and it's database (Database updates are done inside HCC, but its always worth pointing out they are there :)).

As this program has grown in features somewhat, you'll no doubt want to contact myself, Arcat, or Cerjar (Syd) for questions, bug reports and feature requests. The best places for this would be on the HCC forums, or these forums, or in IRC (if we are around).

We hope you find this application useful, and have a good Xmas :)

P.S. Over the next week, I plan to update some of the missing spell effects (blight spells mainly) and any other missing information. Once these are done, I'll push a new database for updating, and post a note to update.

Default Re: Horizons Crafting Calculator 2 (HCC) released!

Amazing work!
    Thanks very much :)

great! Thanks a lot.:-)
    Kharuum / Caramia Unity
    Whenever an Optimist sees a ligth which isnt really there, there allways is an pesimist who blows it out.
    Giovanni Guareschi

thank you for your work! HCC is such a very useful tool....

Thank you very much Matecuss :)

Given the quality and detail of this program one can tell that a lot of time and effort went into creating it.

Much appreciated.

Decon out

Thanks!
    Explorer 80%
    Killer 46%
    Achiever 40%
    Socializer 33%

excellent
    torvos: shadow/chaos shard (on vacation)
    100 mage/100 wizard/100 sorcerer/100 conjuror
    96 chaos warrior
    100 enchanter & member of the dark council

Explorer 86%, Socializer 46%,
    Killer 40%, Achiever 26%

Matecuss

Hello again,

Another day, another HCC release [:P]. This time its to eliminate two pesky gremlins who snook in unnoticed. These are,

- HCC uses MoveFileEx to transfer files from the database zips (that you download) to it's configuration directory. This method isn't supported on Windows 98, causing it to come up with a blank database for those operating systems. This has been corrected.

- The original mode of operation within the formula window was to pick the highest available tier by default. This was changed recently to instead pick the tier that the user selected last. However this was only applied to the name only, the underlying tier remained the same. This has been corrected so the next created item will remain at the tier you selected last.

To get this latest version, visit the HCC Site (http://hcc.reclamation.dk/) or use the 'Live Update' button to redirect you to the download pages.

Thanks for the comments and the feedback (esp the bugs) [:D]

Irv

Quote Originally Posted by Matecuss
    - The original mode of operation within the formula window was to pick the highest available tier by default. This was changed recently to instead pick the tier that the user selected last. However this was only applied to the name only, the underlying tier remained the same. This has been corrected so the next created item will remain at the tier you selected last.
    Oh excellent, thank you. As a first-time user of the HCC (I'm a Horizons newbie!) it was the only feature I found truly annoying. Thanks for fixing it so quickly!

Best regards,
    Irv

Good job, thx Matecuss :)
    Soaring the skies of Istaria every day.

A sterling job. [Y]

Dragon adventurer 100 | Dragon crafter 100 | Dragon lairshaper 84

Not only is the calculator welcome, but the entire presentation, with manual, FAQ, and live updates is very very impressive.
    ____Kulamata Quality Armor___
    None Genuine without this Pawprint `',''

Achiever 86%, Explorer 60%, Socializer 46%, Killer 6%.

Just an aside... anyone still using Win98 should desperately upgrade theirOS as MS no longer supports the software.
    Elated that HZ is no longer in the hands of the Infidels.

Now.. I may have to split my time between 2 games... CS:S and HZ...

thanks alot!
    it's great! [:D][:D][:D]
    Ular Naga

Proud "Handy Man" of the -Dark Saga-
    Unity Shard

"First i followed the light then the blight, but suddenly nature showed me the path to walk"

Sorry.. corrected myself... I didn't look far enough in the HCC before I posted this post
    Elated that HZ is no longer in the hands of the Infidels.

Now.. I may have to split my time between 2 games... CS:S and HZ...

Gold

[Y] Looks Outstanding! All i can say is ...... Thanks!!!!

bump =) shouldupdate the old 1 inthe download section on the Community site
    Soaring the skies of Istaria every day.

Matecuss

Quote Originally Posted by R`aven_Sky`Dash
    bump =) shouldupdate the old 1 inthe download section on the Community site
    I believe Baela will be doing that soon [:)]

Well, I'm going to offer up my voice in dissent here...

I've had nothing but trouble with people who use the HCC to design something, and end up screwing things up royally. A good crafter should be able to design their product properly without need of the HCC, and non crafters shouldn't be able to touch it...

Even if it were fully accurate (And I have had many times when it was way off), the fact remains that it still causes problems. And personally, I find it quite insulting, basicly taking my skill in tech designing and in giving shopping lists and throwing it into the dirt...

Just one dissenting voice among the throngs of adoring fans...
    Death is the ultimate dilemma and integral to the beliefs and behavior of every culture. Life is bore on the corpses of the dead. Without death, there would be no motivation to do anything. The only emotion would be existing. Life would be pestilent and agonizing.

Ssilmath Torshak
    Paladin of Kass, Master Armorsmith

Give the new version a go Ssilmath, a lot of effort has been put in to ensure the data is as up to date and as accurate as possible with v2 [:)]

With the original HCC it ended up going out of date because Matecuss was spending so much time working on version 2, and only got occasional updates from people like Arcat when time allowed for it. This is why orders would get messed up when created with the old version. With the new version having the 'live update' feature we as players should find that orders are accurate, even if the game data is changed in a patch.

HCC2 is definitely an example of evolution !

Thread Information