Thread: On the matter of paws... and their use.

imported_peladon

Default On the matter of paws... and their use.

There are many more wise than I. And this be of little that is news to any that have suffered my words. But words were spoken, and words may come from thought, or lead to thought. And words I did speak most recently to another led to many thoughts. And those thoughts? That bipeds are... most accomplished. Or so it must be, it seems.

Now the thoughts I would set to word are mayhap more of relevance to those that walk the lands of Order. But they may amuse those of Chaos also. And, it should be spoken, that amusement be all they be. The study of bipeds be a thing that both perplexes and delights, and the matter has none of import to draku after all.

Enough. My poor thinking.

Those the walk on two legs ( to be always falling. I will never yet understand that thing...) have no scales, thus they make false scales to protect them. They have but poor claws, thus they bear false claws to defend them, or to make offense ( and most skilled some among them are at making... but no matter [A]). And they have many winds they follow, of war and craft. But of war I do speak.

Two winds they follow be that of those that bear the Crossbow, and those of Warrior. And those that follow the Crossbow wind be best skilled with... why, the Crossbow in nosmall part! And those that follow the Warrior wind may bear the Shortbow.And thus both may strike from far, and if it be Foe they strike so, this be good and proper. And that be the matter of false claws for this thinking. But there be false scales also...

Now little I may know of the two legs, but this I know for it may be read. Those that follow the Crossbow wind and those that follow the Warrior wind do well need false scales. And false scales they may bear. Even unto the plated mithril they may bear, and that they stay hale and able to rend the Foe, this also be good! But here be the thing that causes me to ponder. For if one was of the Crossbow wind and did set forth in that full plate of mithril false scales, then gauntlets of mithril would guard the paws. And if one wasof the Warrior wind in that same full plate thnethose same gauntlets ( or some other of that ilk, since were they the same then a poor naked Crossbow bearer would weep and wail at the cold wind that chafed them for their missing scales!) might beset aboutthe paws. And thus, if those chose to bear Crossbowor Shortbow, with gauntlets of plate and vambrace andrerebrace and pauldron set all of plate, what of bowstring or crossbow sear? To mark and arm and aim and release such in gauntlet alone... and without loss of skill that my seeking has found... It be a wonder. To a fool at least... and Fool I be and my words are but the whisper of a forgotten wind...

And thus I leave the matter to those with far more of knowing than I, and that be most any. Or none... as the Wise may choose...

Default Re: On the matter of paws... and their use.

*looks thoughtful* Could it quite possibly be that they momentarily remove said gauntlet?
    Or, could it be that this is what might be termed an oversight upon the part of those fell and mysterious brings known only as The Devs?

[^o)]
    Regards;
    --------->Hasai

"I feel like a fugitive from the Law of Averages."

imported_peladon

Default Re: On the matter of paws... and their use.

Hasai Elder. Gauntlets I have seen, and the padded gloves below and the bindings that the paw scales not come free in combat. That they be swiftly taken from those paws and swifter donned when needed... indeed the manual dexterity of the two legs be a marvel!

And that the gods may have made oversight? Or granted those of two legs that follow these winds some great feat of skill or magery that they may work with those paw scales? That be of no matter to me. The thought was merely of amusement and mayhap for the discourse of those many Wise and those others more of wise than the Fool...[:)]

Thread Information