Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Adding 2nd CD Key - Problems

Default Adding 2nd CD Key - Problems

I want to add a 2nd CD key to my account.

I found that you can create keys from istaria.com, but I can't find where on the login page to add them to your account.

Before you say "it's here or there" just take a look - I can't find it anywhere.

Has this feature been removed from the NA accounts for some strange reason?

Would really like this taken care of ASAP.
    Dalthbar Bruisebringer
    Order [Spirit] Shard
    Mystic Blades

81 Fitter
    65 Spearman
    (plus a lot more)

Default Re: Adding 2nd CD Key - Problems

I don't see it any place either. It was there just amonth ago when I added another key.

Ok, so I'm not losing my mind.

I hope someone can comment on why this feature is gone, when it will be back, and anything else about this topic that can be added.

Let's spell this out - I want to give you my money. Please make it possible for me to do so. Thank you.
    Dalthbar Bruisebringer
    Order [Spirit] Shard
    Mystic Blades

81 Fitter
    65 Spearman
    (plus a lot more)

Quote Originally Posted by Dalthbar
    Ok, so I'm not losing my mind.

Let's spell this out - I want to give you my money. Please make it possible for me to do so. Thank you.
    I understand this completely.[I]

Most likely in a crafting field somewhere

What exactly does adding a second key to your account do?

Does it enable you to play with two characters from the same account at once?

Proud and loyal members of Battalion
    Xarii Ani - Dryad - Chaos shard
    Quazi Ani - Dragon - Chaos shard

Yes, you can play 2 characters from same account at once, and you also get to have 2 plots as well as have twice as many items sold on a consigner.....

Most likely in a crafting field somewhere

Thank you for the speedy reply, that is very interesting to know.

Proud and loyal members of Battalion
    Xarii Ani - Dryad - Chaos shard
    Quazi Ani - Dragon - Chaos shard

Here is what having a 2nd CD Key will do. Just set it up two weeks ago for my wife.

Once I added a username, I then added a 2nd CD Key. Now was she able to login one of my characters? NO!

She has her on account, with 5 character slots and it gets billed separately also.

So it is not sharing one account like some people would think. When the game first came out, that was possible. Not anymore!

Quote Originally Posted by Spellbound
    Here is what having a 2nd CD Key will do. Just set it up two weeks ago for my wife.

Once I added a username, I then added a 2nd CD Key. Now was she able to login one of my characters? NO!

She has her on account, with 5 character slots and it gets billed separately also.

So it is not sharing one account like some people would think. When the game first came out, that was possible. Not anymore!
    The feature to add a CD Key does seem tohave vanished at this point (as is the ability for me to resubscribe at this point---grrrrrr), but I can confirm that a month ago I was able to add a key (2 keys, one account) and log in two of my characters simultaneously, both created long before I got the 2nd key...

This was the reply I got from AE since I too wanted one account, so my wife and I could share the account and login two characters from one account, this is dated October 14th.

This feature has been removed. You can create a second account or add a 2nd key to your existing account. But sub-accounts are no longer functional.

Sincerely,

Amon Gwareth

Horizons Customer Support

Looks like you did yours before they changed it... My wife can not log in any of my characters on my account.

Kyran Foxfire

I don't suppose anyone has heard a dev mention anything about this issue?

The page that lets you add CD keys is actually still up there, but it doesn't work anyway so I won't bother sharing the direct link. They removed any links to it for a reason, apparently.

In Europe we cannot even have 2 keys on one account.

We only have 1 key - 1 account period. I think it's related with the flexibility of the CC billing compan,y that you just changed.
    Vahrokh Vain - Ancient dragon level 100 adv 100 craft 34M of untainted, fireworks and other crap free hoard.
    Isarion - Reaver Healer Spiritist, many craft classes.

Drunkenmonkey

i think due to the problems they been having with I-bill, they have temporarily put on hold anything involved with making new accounts and billing, but im just guessing so dont take my word for it

Eeyno

Well that stinks I was hoping to add a second key eventually to my account when lairs were added so my dragon could have one. My main character is holding a guild plot so I'm sure not giving that up. Just would of been nice to add that second key. Sad too. AE could of gotten additional money out of me even though I wouldn't be playing those character at the same time.

Maybe I can get a character transfered or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Spellbound
    This was the reply I got from AE since I too wanted one account, so my wife and I could share the account and login two characters from one account, this is dated October 14th.

This feature has been removed. You can create a second account or add a 2nd key to your existing account. But sub-accounts are no longer functional.

Sincerely,

Amon Gwareth

Horizons Customer Support

Looks like you did yours before they changed it... My wife can not log in any of my characters on my account.

See - that bit in bold is what I want to do. Add a 2nd CD key to my existing account.
    Dalthbar Bruisebringer
    Order [Spirit] Shard
    Mystic Blades

81 Fitter
    65 Spearman
    (plus a lot more)

Eeyno

Wait a second that is what I want to do. Guess my coffee hadn't settled in yet when I read that the first time. Yes. I want to add a second key to my exisiting account.

Yeah, adding the second key to my current account is what i wanted to do as well.... is why i bought the game a second time, paid another 20 euro's... WASTED another 20 euro's cus it is not possible in Europe.... which all the websites had neglected to mention....

I knew it wasn't possible in Europe to do that because there was a big bit of confusion around it at a time. But many people in the US have done the very thing that I'm trying to do and I've had some of them try to help me out - nobody knows what's up.

That's why I'm trying to get a response from a Dev/WM/CSR - because there's no information about it anywhere.
    Dalthbar Bruisebringer
    Order [Spirit] Shard
    Mystic Blades

81 Fitter
    65 Spearman
    (plus a lot more)

I believe that feature has been removed. I do not know if it will be added back at some point in the future.

- Amon
    Amon gave some information on his understanding of the "2nd CD Key" problem.

No indication on the future, but it at least sounds as if it was removed "intentionally" and is not some sort of weird webpage error.

I'm going to submit a support tix and see if anyone there is able to give an answer as to *when* it may be re-added (assuming that it will).
    Dalthbar Bruisebringer
    Order [Spirit] Shard
    Mystic Blades

81 Fitter
    65 Spearman
    (plus a lot more)

I have a 2nd cd key to i wanted to add it but couldnt..

Any one can help me ? (europe)
    Onnidrah: Half Gaint - Retired
    Warrior: 100 Cleric: 100 Mage: 100 Spiritist 100
    Armourer: 62

Unity [Formerer ICE]
    Old Beta Player
    Tazoon irc: IRC

Thread Information