Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: April 2006 Design Preview Discussions

Lightbulb April 2006 Design Preview Discussions

Use this thread to discuss the new Design Preview.
    Last edited by AmonGwareth; March 29th, 2006 at 07:53 PM. Reason: updated thread icon
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Good to have Info just a couple questions if you do not mind Amon mostly relating to the last preview, or maybe it was the preview before.

What about the crystal creation and combining for Dragons,Tinkers and enchanters?

What about Dragon Jewlery and Tool socket options?

Completely off the preview as I fogot my other question. What happened with Gold Surge?

Anything developing in the War Department?

*crosses fingers*
    PersonalJustice the Demon Slayer - Chaos

Master Crafter: 1900 Levels

WTB Undead Legions. Paying $12.95/month

We are always looking to improve the war department. That is usually on my daily thoughts of improving the product.
    I'm a firm believer in the philosophy of a ruling class, especially since I rule.

Default War

We continually plan for war. War will require the work of artists, designers, client programmers and simulation programmers. We think it is so significant to the game that we need to approach it with great care. We are taking the initial steps required, but have some significant technology exploration to do before we will have a war as opposed to battles. We know where we are going with it, and will reveal and discuss more as we get closer.
    David Bowman

Stoker

Default Have ya forgotten about the cloth workers

After reading the Design preview dont see anything about master forms for clothworkers all other schools are in are there any plans for us lonely cloth workers?

Quote Originally Posted by Deth
    Good to have Info just a couple questions if you do not mind Amon mostly relating to the last preview, or maybe it was the preview before.

What about the crystal creation and combining for Dragons,Tinkers and enchanters?

What about Dragon Jewlery and Tool socket options?

Completely off the preview as I fogot my other question. What happened with Gold Surge?
    A on pony list, in design still or a in work would be fine. I just want to be sure they were not completely forgotten.

Default Cloth Working

This is coming in as part of an event. It's not listed (perhaps it could/should have been), but we have a line to walk between revealing all and letting some things be discovered. Thanks for bringing it up.

I'm avoiding the other questions until after our next design schedule meeting. Amon will probably jump in then as well.
    David Bowman

Quote Originally Posted by David Bowman
    This is coming in as part of an event. It's not listed (perhaps it could/should have been), but we have a line to walk between revealing all and letting some things be discovered. Thanks for bringing it up.

I'm avoiding the other questions until after our next design schedule meeting. Amon will probably jump in then as well.

I was wondering about GS, too, but your response makes me look forward to it even more. Questable abilities. Cool.

What about reopening the Gold Surge case?
    Dragon Lairs: Istaria's ghetto

Quote Originally Posted by David Bowman

Ok Thank you. That is at least something. Thank you. Not fallen completely off the radar at least.

ok ^^

where is the preview? no quote from it at this board?

ok found it

Tier 5/6 Revamp – As with the Tier 2 revamp, this would be a total revamp of the Tier 5 and 6 lands, monsters, quests, etc.

i dont like the revamps of existing things. I chose my lair (and invested a lot of money) because of the location to t5 resources. If you change the resource fields then my lair position could become worthless.

And i dont know what you want to improve if you you change the locations

the other preview stuff is nice to read but i dont see major improvements or add ons in the next future

Quote Originally Posted by Vlisson
    ok found it

Tier 5/6 Revamp – As with the Tier 2 revamp, this would be a total revamp of the Tier 5 and 6 lands, monsters, quests, etc.

i dont like the revamps of existing things. I chose my lair (and invested a lot of money) because of the location to t5 resources. If you change the resource fields then my lair position could become worthless.

And i dont know what you want to improve if you you change the locations

the other preview stuff is nice to read but i dont see major improvements or add ons in the next future
    What if after the revamp things are in a better position for you? The Lesser Aradoth changes were a huge improvement and I don't see why we couldn't expect something equally as impressive with the tier 5/6 stuff.

I see a lot of major improvements in there. Biped class redesign, ancient dragon advancement, loot, confectioner.... That's a ton of stuff to work on.

Vlisson does have a valid point though. A lot of folks choose their lairs for location. To just change them is pretty rude.
    And yes, I know there are plenty "justifications" for doing it. I just think its messed up.

But it also depends on how they define "revamp"
    100 Adventure/Crafter following the path of Helian

Expert Lairshaper
    Grand hall complete.

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Lycaunoss
    I see a lot of major improvements in there. Biped class redesign, ancient dragon advancement, loot, confectioner.... That's a ton of stuff to work on.
    the stuff you count is nothing we can expect the next few month

quote: What we'll be working on in the future. These projects are longer-term and are all scheduled for publish after April.

so no improvement for me! the ancient dragon schools idea has been in the preview from november 2005 too, maybe in the preview from august 2006 again ^^

i only take care of the preview: Other projects we're working on right now (call them our short-term projects) that will (hopefully) become available in April.

and this stuff dont hew me from my chair

topic resource locations:
    why an improvement? ok i dont know the improvements for the t1 and t2 stuff, but i remember that the devs told us we gain to fast to much exp (and stole us the finishing maschines at the resource fields), so im confused why they invest time at this topic. It sounds egoistic (and i can confirm it ) but i dont want the value (material and personal) of my lair changed.

if they add t6 in the next few years, then it will be annoying too because you couldnt choose your plot/lair to be close to them (maybe harro will be close to them?) but i expect the eastern from the eastern deadlands to be opened for settlements

Quote Originally Posted by Death-knell
    Vlisson does have a valid point though. A lot of folks choose their lairs for location. To just change them is pretty rude.
    And yes, I know there are plenty "justifications" for doing it. I just think its messed up.

But it also depends on how they define "revamp"
    Location was the only decisive factor.
    With 94% of the lairs being around the same size (between 140-150 blocks), you couldn't really use that.

If there have been 'special' lairs, like there uses to be with plot (the huge plot of sheeperd home for instance), then the location factor would have been lesser.
    Dragon Lairs: Istaria's ghetto

Quote Originally Posted by Vlisson
    the stuff you count is nothing we can expect the next few month

quote: What we'll be working on in the future. These projects are longer-term and are all scheduled for publish after April.

so no improvement for me! the ancient dragon schools idea has been in the preview from november 2005 too, maybe in the preview from august 2006 again ^^

i only take care of the preview: Other projects we're working on right now (call them our short-term projects) that will (hopefully) become available in April.

and this stuff dont hew me from my chair

topic resource locations:
    why an improvement? ok i dont know the improvements for the t1 and t2 stuff, but i remember that the devs told us we gain to fast to much exp (and stole us the finishing maschines at the resource fields), so im confused why they invest time at this topic. It sounds egoistic (and i can confirm it ) but i dont want the value (material and personal) of my lair changed.

if they add t6 in the next few years, then it will be annoying too because you couldnt choose your plot/lair to be close to them (maybe harro will be close to them?) but i expect the eastern from the eastern deadlands to be opened for settlements
    That's normal for a design preview though. If they finished something right this exact moment and it was flawless upon completion, it would be two weeks minimum before we'd get it on Live shards. I think it's more like three weeks for you folks on Unity.

I think the finishing machines in the field is a bit of a moot point now. At least on Order anyway. I don't know of any place that doesn't have a plot or lair nearby with finishing machines. Again that might not be the case on Unity.

At least you are honest enough to admit that it's you ego that's causing you to be upset about the proposed changes. I'm pretty sure that I can't make any argument that will change your mind on the subject. I will say though in defense of the devs that Amon and Rawdge have been carefully probing in IRC to see what peoples reactions would be to changes in resources. I think they are taking it very seriously.

My 2c on the subject? Change it. Change it all. The only effect it would have on me is that I'd have to go find the new locations and I'd have to update my map. I'm one of the strange ones though. I chose my lair because of the surrounding terrain and the view from the entrance rather than the resources that were around it.

Quote Originally Posted by Death-knell
    With nothing announced about what is going to be changed, where it's going to be changed, or how it's going to be changed, it's a little early to start rending your clothes and insulting the devs. It works so much better when the evidence and verdict come BEFORE the sentence...
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos
    "Death is fleeting. Pride is forever."

"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."-- Abraham Lincoln

Thread Information