Thread: So ya wanna fix Multiclassing(Adv)?

Default So ya wanna fix Multiclassing(Adv)?

Here's how ya do it...

Ya leave the biped adventure multi-classing alone.

Ya bring in Dragon Adventure multiclassing.

Argueably dragon as they exist now have spells and abilities bipeds would need 3 to 4 adventure classes to acquire the equivalent biped abilities. Dragons have melee skill, biped warrior equates. Dragons have Breezes, biped life and nature schools equate. Dragons have some damaging offensive spells whose descriptions could equate to something a biped arcane caster might use. Dragons have some debuffs, something that a biped Spiritist or Shaman might use.

Give the 100 level Ancient Dragons the option to become multiclassed in any or all of the above mentioned Dragon equivalent schools. Grandfather 100 levels of each if the dragon wishes. If the dragon doesnt wish to become multiclassed, it loses the abilities associated with the school. Adjust adventure rating accordingly. Furthermore, bring in as many other Dragon equivalent adventure schools as can be logically derived from the list of schools currently available to bipeds.

Leave all cannon-fodder critters alone, i.e. wolves, beetles, fyakki, golems, treants etc. Starting at Tier 4 multiclass the WA critters similarly to PC multiclassed characters, with at least a minumum of 2 100 level schools. Tier 5 do the same with at least 4 100 level schools. Tier 6, give em minimum 6 100 level schools.

Now, everyone can multiclass or not, dragons and bipeds. Everyone who does multiclass gets to enjoy that wonderful little adventure rating. And you now have opponents in the field, every bit as good as you might be, possibly better.

*Casts Flame Ward V on self, plus Flame Resistance V, Group Flame Defense II, dons Flame Resistance teched jewelry, unlocks Flamethrower Locker* Knock yerselves out.

Kwinn
    Mortal Danger is an effective antidote for fixed ideas... Erwin Rommel

Dulce Bellum Inexpertis

Dog: The other white meat

Order Server

Heavily multiclassed Human Hunter, 'overpowered' to the nth degree of beejeezusness and damned proud of it. Nerf me, go ahead make my day

Default Re: So ya wanna fix Multiclassing(Adv)?

How so?
    Kwinn

Dulce Bellum Inexpertis

Order Server

Heavily multiclassed Human Hunter, 'overpowered' to the nth degree of beejeezusness and damned proud of it. Nerf me, go ahead make my day

I'm not sure what you're worried about Kwinn. The chances of TGs idea to "fixing" multiclassing being that they restrict it to only a few schools are beyond astronomical. It's just not gonna happen. I'm not even sure why anyone would suggest they do so since it's just not gonna happen.

Why wouldn't it happen someone may ask? Because the vast majority of players are multiclassed in one sense or the other. If they decide to restrict the multiclassing they would basically have to wipe every character clean and then have them pick and choose which schools they want back up to a certain amount. Any schools left over that they wouldn't be allowed to have back would need to be compensated for because it would be a HUGE loss. That sounds like far too much coding, hassle, and a game killer to me.

But, I don't want to "fix" multiclassing. I want to fix mass killing. :)

To fix multi-killing? Simply spread the MoBs out a bit more...aka the valley of the whatever where all the golems spawned one on top of another. Then, empty after that for miles, then another large group of mobs, then empty again.

People do not want the challenge of having to hunt for a mob, they want to go to point "A" and farm them. The comp/form drops makes this almost a necesssary function so people actually supply those items. People do not want to have to search for a particular named MoB, they want to go to point "B" and find him there.

Then when all is said and done, they do not want a challenge in the fight, they want the power to put the MoB down as quickly as possible.

Happens in all MMOs. This one, due to the "loot drops" a bit more then most.
    Bori Grimbattle --->The Dwarf
    Sinistre Azazael---> The Fiend
    Adramaleck Flerious--->The Dragon

~Mystic Blades~
    ~Jambi,Order~

Mass-killing?

I submit there are two types of critters to be dealt with...cannon-fodder and everything else.

Cannon fodder, for me anyway, are wolves, golems, treants, oastics, fyakki, tarantulas, spiders, beetles, necroflies, gruoks, t4 and below blights, t2 and below undead, t4 kwellans.

Everything else includes t5 and t6 blights, t3 and above undead, t5 and above kwellans, aegrors, abominations and vexators.

Cannon fodder SHOULD be mass killable. They dont really have any outstanding abilities, sentience is questionable in most cases, or at the least, they are of such low lvls as to make them mass killable. Furthermore, these critters are mass killable due to my high lvl. The multiclassed biped argument doesn't hold water either...I've seen dragons killing those same mobs just as efficiently as I can. They round up a herd, I round up a herd...they kill one at time at a blistering rate, I kill en masse with AoE. Time spent by both is pretty close to even. If someone claims they cant kill in mass the above mention critters, I think one of two things is missing, lack of multiclassing for a biped, lack of practice for a dragon.

Everything else is NOT mass killable by a single hunter, at least not this single hunter. T5 and t6 blights, 2 or 3 at a time, its a tussle, hardly mass killing. Kwellan groups, well, ya just dont have a choise in numbers there now do ya? Aegrors, now are packed up, 2 or 3 at a whack, 2 is doable with care, 3? well, ya better damned well have yer mess in one sock. Wraith groups, depends on make up, more than one shaman, diviner and/or oracle NOT soloable, otherwise doable with care, again, no choise in numbers. Abominations, scattered all over hell and half og Georgia, ya aint gonna be mass killing them. Zombie ogres, usually in wraith groups...rotsa ruck there :/ Vexators, scattered except for groups of 3.

Ya wanna fix mass killing? Sure, do as some suggest, spend the spawns all over creation. But make damned sure you apologize to the new folks looking for a decent spawn to gain experience on. Because if you scatter the spawns ya just screwed the new people.

Lastly, I want to address the economy side of the argument. Some are saying mass killing is wrecking the ecomony. Thats the biggest crock I've heard yet. We dont have an ecomony for several reasons, the player base is top-heavy, lotta crafters only craft for guilds and friends, we dont have much of a player base to begin with, no item decay or wear and tear. But hey, at least the Dragons cant complain...everything that drops a dragon can use or sell (to a pawnie if push comes to shove). Not so for bipeds.
    Kwinn

Dulce Bellum Inexpertis

Order Server

Nah, no need to mess with the spawns, just make it so any amount of mobs agroed over a set number give no XP and no drops. Problem solved. No incentive to mass kill, no mass killing. ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Snowdonia Honeythorn
    Nah, no need to mess with the spawns, just make it so any amount of mobs agroed over a set number give no XP and no drops. Problem solved. No incentive to mass kill, no mass killing. [img]/Web/emoticons/emotion-5.gif[/img]
    Some of these suggestions would unnecessarily tie-up valuable
    resource time, and frankly aren't elegant solutions. The above
    in particular would probably introduce more bugs than fixes.

Bottom Line:

Multiclassing is fine. Mass killing is fine (the multi-MOB-bonus nerf
    already addressed the XP issue with mass killing.) The elegant solution
    lies in fixing the loot tables, which is already in progress.

Got Cowbell?

Thread Information