Thread: Problems logging on

Chayls

Default Problems logging on

Xmas was good for me this year, I got a few parts to upgrade my computer with (namely a RAM chip, new Power Supply and a monitor). Everything was working fine after installing all the new parts I was able to log on to Horizons (Though still had the same problems of lag, and sudden crashes that everyone else has due to the game's engine), that is up until Tuesday and the maintainence day. Now the game loads up everything fine, I can use IE (though do have Firefox) to log in my account and get the page listing my characters but when I try to get into the game itself it promptly goes right back to the website right after the loading page finishes. I have done all the scans the game allows, even recalling my character to their bind point, that still didn't help. The program also doesn't give me any error messages or such it just poofs me right back to the weblogin site after the loading screen. I also ran all the virus/spyware scans I could do and uninstalled and reinstalled my graphics card drivers and still nothing. I can get World of Warcraft (though probably play it a bit too much) to work without a hitch but I can't l get Horizons to work? I really want to play again after being gone so long.

Chayls

Chayls

Default Re: Problems logging on

little update on my side here, I still can't log in with dragon character(s) and barely got on with my biped one. The game loads up I get the game screen thatshows my character, UI and everything then promptly crashes to desktop. I have deleted everything that I can my world_cache files and any mods that I had downloaded before. At the moment I am just saying the heck with it and downloading the installer from the site to see if that helps any matters. I suppose I should have put my system specs in here before but in the spur of writing earlier was just too frustrated:

2.53 Ghz Processor
    512 Ram before xmas/768 Ram after xmas
    ATI Radeon 9250 graphics card using Catalystdriver v.5.10
    70 gig HD space spread over two drives
    Directx v. 9.0c
    Windows XP with SP 2
    XP Firewall set to allow

Can get World of Warcraft to work, Second Life to work, Civilization 4 to work, and Age of Empires 3 to work, can't get Horizons to work.

Chayls

Chayls

got it fixed here all I had to do it seems was to completing uninstall the game and reinstall it though it did make me lose the mods I had for the ancient size and map packs.

I havent been able to get in with my dragon since i got back from my Christmas vacation. Only been able to get in with my Sslik for some reason. I CTD after seeing the splash screen or within seconds of being fully logged in. Does anyone know of an option other than this since I can't find my first disc to do a reinstall?

Devast

Bi-wa

i have the same problem! ive re-installed, re-patched, deleated and re-patched again but nothing! been going on for 2 days now and i going slightly insane!

Thread Information