Thread: When Lag Monsters Attack

Default When Lag Monsters Attack

Greetings all,
    I'm returning to Istaria after a long break. The last time I played was before the server consolidations and the bankrupcy.

So far I like what I've seen about the changes to the game world. My issue is with the horrid amount of lag that I get.

My puter should be able to handle the game without any problems. The only thing that would slow it down is that i have a phone internet connection. This shouldn't be an issue though as I've played other MMOs with a phone line and didn't get much if any lag.

When i first log in or port it takes forever to load the terrain. It takes me a good half hour to just log into the game. A little less for a port. I can't buy stuff from PC's/NPC's either, I hit the ok button and nothing happens. Chatting in tells is also a problem, it takes a few minutes for my reply to appear and for their reply to me to appear.

I've only been ingame with my main for maybe an hour so far and in that amout of time I fell through the ground twice.

Does anyone have any advice on how I can fix these problems? I'd love to come back and play the game that I've missed for so long, but with these issues it's pretty much not playable.

Thanks in advance :) Bathnor.

Default Re: When Lag Monsters Attack

a few things:

since you have been gone so long, porting to areas for the first time will take a while for all the new terrain information to cache. every single silo, shrub, building, lampost.... etc needs to be cached to your hard drive. Subsequent ports to the same area should be a lot quicker after that.

you prob fell through the ground because the terrain below you had not fully loaded yet.

as for dial-up.. it can be difficult at times with this game. unlike other MMO's, this one has a much larger data stream. I do know some people who play it dial-up, so it is possible though. Maybe a dial-up user can reply to this thread for ya and share their secrets[Y]
    torvos: shadow/chaos shard (on vacation)
    100 mage/100 wizard/100 sorcerer/100 conjuror
    96 chaos warrior
    100 enchanter & member of the dark council

Explorer 86%, Socializer 46%,
    Killer 40%, Achiever 26%

Nordico

Default Re: When Lag Monsters Attack

Thread Information