Thread: How do I make my own UI?

Geeky

Default How do I make my own UI?

Does it require a program to be able to change the UI. Or is it just a matter of opening the current UI files and modding them.

If it is option #2...would anyone care to explain to me the basic's so I can get started making my own?

Thanks.

Default Re: How do I make my own UI?

kinda both. You need a graphics program capable of handling PNG files to edit the graphics files (I use Paint Shop Pro). Other mods can be done by editing the def text files in the game. changing the casting bar color or font colrs are examples of this kind of mod.
    Imayo, Preceptor of Obsidian Order on Order
    Shadowalker
    http://kalex.org

I wrote this in another thread hope it helps

thanks all for the great compaliments[img]/Web//emoticons/emotion-2.gif[/img]

I hear alot of poeple asking how to make there own. well its not hard to do just takes time and it depends on how deep you want to take it the first part is the main interface were files are located here

Artifact Entertainment\Horizons\Resources\interface\themes\ default\textures

you will find about 225 png files that need to be recolord here to what ever you like. not all the pngs in this folder need to be colored here is a screen shot name of those that effect the interface, a few of the files inthis screen shot will be explained below.easy way i found ws use photo shop and have it do a color blend and set up a action que. you can do that for most of them but there are a few files you will want to spend extratime with.

now that the frist step the second step is if you want to change the flashing chat tabs this is also loacted in the same folder it is called "tab17_highlight.sha" open it as a notepad and start changing the RBG code in it.

the thrid step to take it even farther is to change the gem to do this you must not only need to change the gems .png file but also the mask and the over lay. if you want to take it from the chater creation folder make sure to bring over all files related to the gem theme you are bringing Example I took the dragon claw so i bring also over
    the mask and the .sha file. if you are to recolor a gem from the charater creation screan and place it as the new main gem make sure to overwrite the old gem loacted in the charatercreation folder with the new version or it will not show properly in the game

last but not least now it is time to change the color of the text do do that go to
    Artifact Entertainment\Horizons\Resources\interface\themes\ default\defs
    and locate the fole called
    UIFonts.def withen in the file look for these sections

UI_PROPERTYSET FontGaramondMedLightGold
    {
    stringFont = "GaramondMed"
    floatFontColorR = 0.67
    floatFontColorG = 0.79
    floatFontColorB = 0.88
    floatFontColorRSelect = 0.0
    floatFontColorGSelect = 0.0
    floatFontColorBSelect = 0.0
    boolDropShadow = true
    boolAntiAliased = true
    }

UI_PROPERTYSET FontGaramondMedGold
    {
    floatFontColorR = 0.49
    floatFontColorG = 0.64
    floatFontColorB = 0.75
    boolDropShadow = true
    boolAntiAliased = true
    }
    UI_PROPERTYSET FontGaramondMedDarkGold
    {
    floatFontColorR = 0.11
    floatFontColorG = 0.22
    floatFontColorB = 0.3
    boolDropShadow = true
    boolAntiAliased = true
    }

UI_PROPERTYSET FontTahomaGold
    {
    stringFont = "FontTahoma"
    floatFontColorR = 0.42
    floatFontColorG = 0.6
    floatFontColorB = 0.75
    boolDropShadow = true
    }

these line of codes withen the file will be your main concern to change

and that is all I can say. i hope this help if you make a new design I will be more than happy to make it into a installer host it and place it in my flash collection for others to find

Wow. Great info Blue. Thanks for posting that.

The link to the screenshot of the filenames doesn't seem to be working though.
    Entropy isn't what it used to be...

Geeky

Thx Blue.

Is there a way to change the width of the borders? Right now the borders on the windows are .025 of an inch...say I want my boarders to be .125 of an inch. Anyone know of a way to change that?

Thread Information