Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Silence is Deafening!

Default The Silence is Deafening!

Well, it's been since December 13th that Blight had an update, and since before that when the live shards had last been touched. I realize Devs have a life, and the holidays came and went, but it's hard to understand why some of the fixes on Blight haven't been moved to the live shards. One in particular I'm upset about, and that's the Yew Staves. Can't tech em, and can't tweak em.... I asked about that on Dec. 14th, and Amon said the fix was on Blight. Why aren't the relatively minor fixes like this applied quickly, with a hotfix or small patch?

There also hasn't been much here about how the new developments are going.ETA on the Confectioner changes? Are the Pawn Brokers going to be reset to their prior functionality now that the Lair Auction is over? Where are we at on the T6 resources anyway, now that we have all the Cenotaphs up and running??

We need: NEWS. UPDATES. INFORMATION. COMMUNICATION.

Please?!?
    100 Reaver, Druid, Spiritist, Mage, 96 Healer, 98 Shaman, 67 Ranger, 40 Conjurer, 30 Monk, and 20 Scout & Cleric. Grandmaster Crafter, Chaos.

Default Re: The Silence is Deafening!

The Tulga Team, deserve to spend the holidays with their families, as we players do as well. Cut them some slack, k? I am sure things will start rolling now that the holidays are over.

Quote Originally Posted by Weston
    Are the Pawn Brokers going to be reset to their prior functionality now that the Lair Auction is over?
    Translation: :"Hey I was ok with the PB nerf as long as it really hurt dragons but now that the auctions are over its hurting me too, I no longer can get 100's of golds easy! that must be an oversight! change it! Waaaaaaaa!"
    Get the map pack here - Get the REAL ancient models here!
    Get White Teeth and Claws for your Dragon here!

100/100 Ancient Dragon, member of the first group of 8 to ascend to ancient on Unity.
    This sig was designed for Firefox (stupid IE still can't handle png )
    www.AncientOrder.org

Quote Originally Posted by Cobal
    [img]/Web/Themes/Generic/images/icon-quote.gif[/img]Weston wrote: Are the Pawn Brokers going to be reset to their prior functionality now that the Lair Auction is over?Translation: :"Hey I was ok with the PB nerf as long as it really hurt dragons but now that the auctions are over its hurting me too, I no longer can get 100's of golds easy! that must be an oversight! change it! Waaaaaaaa!"
    LOL
    Well said... [:D]
    Quote Originally Posted by Peaches
    The Tulga Team, deserve to spend the holidays with their families, as we players do as well. Cut them some slack, k? I am sure things will start rolling now that the holidays are over.
    Totally agree... Everyone deserves a break... [:)]
    Quote Originally Posted by Weston
    Well, it's been since December 13th that Blight had an update, and since before that when the live shards had last been touched. I realize Devs have a life, and the holidays came and went, but it's hard to understand why some of the fixes on Blight haven't been moved to the live shards. One in particular I'm upset about, and that's the Yew Staves. Can't tech em, and can't tweak em.... I asked about that on Dec. 14th, and Amon said the fix was on Blight. Why aren't the relatively minor fixes like this applied quickly, with a hotfix or small patch?

There also hasn't been much here about how the new developments are going.ETA on the Confectioner changes? Are the Pawn Brokers going to be reset to their prior functionality now that the Lair Auction is over? Where are we at on the T6 resources anyway, now that we have all the Cenotaphs up and running??

We need: NEWS. UPDATES. INFORMATION. COMMUNICATION.

Please?!?
    Why are you whining about lack of communication?!?!?
    I reckon you never played on Unity...
    We are left without a game during the weekend, because after a server crash there is nobody around to repair it...
    Which happened TWICE in short time...
    I havent heared from GN for almost a month concerning my support tickets, some not for many months...
    You really want those people to be working 24/7 365 days a year?
    You can always hire and pay Devs yourself to replace them, maybe they will accept your offer... [:P]
    Or donate those Devs to Tulga permenantly so that things you want changed are completed sooner... [;)]

Please relax a bit, everybody is allowed a holiday from time to time especially during a holliday... [:)]
    Rvlion- LvL 100:100:100 - 59.3M - Lunus Ancient
    Gallinthus- LvL 100:42:41 - 6.9M - Hatchling
    Lohasbrand– LvL 4:3:0 – 1.0M - Hatchling
    Sslion- LvL 25 Mage, 25 Warrior, 10 Cleric, 6 Druid, 6 Monk and a few Craft Schools

Quote Originally Posted by Peaches
    Well if this is a high school or college operation fine. They're the only ones I know of that completely shut down for the holidays.
    100 Adventure/Crafter following the path of Helian

Expert Lairshaper
    Grand hall complete.

The pawnbroker changes were intended to be permanent, and were not just there because of the lair auctions.
    Nayuaka and Nayukhuut. Freelance Helian lorekeepers of Chaos.

Quote Originally Posted by Death-Knell
    Well if this is a high school or college operation fine. They're the only ones I know of that completely shut down for the holidays.
    You've never worked with the Federal government, I see...
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos
    "Death is fleeting. Pride is forever."

"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."-- Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by LaughingOtter
    [img]/Web/Themes/Generic/images/icon-quote.gif[/img]Death-Knell wrote:

You've never worked with the Federal government, I see...
    That is so true and the best part is that it doesn't matter what country you are from they are all the same.

Let em enjoy their holidays.

These guys put in a lot of long hours. Let em have a few days off.It isnt going to make a huge diference to us in the grand scheme of things anyway.
    Lumineux Talar

Where my husband works, they were shut down for the holidays. I know of other gaming companies too, that shut down for the holidays as well. Nothing wrong with that.

As long as the game is running smooth...
    Smooth in a sence that maintainance is done normally and there are no crashes, why shouldnt they be allowed to be free for the hollidays...
    As long as they are back soon when things go wrong... [;)]
    Or else you get GN-situations... [:(]
    *Remembers 2 weekends without a game during the last year*
    Rvlion- LvL 100:100:100 - 59.3M - Lunus Ancient
    Gallinthus- LvL 100:42:41 - 6.9M - Hatchling
    Lohasbrand– LvL 4:3:0 – 1.0M - Hatchling
    Sslion- LvL 25 Mage, 25 Warrior, 10 Cleric, 6 Druid, 6 Monk and a few Craft Schools

Date: 01/04/2006 [img]/images/com_images/spacer.gif[/img] [*]Tier 4 Human House now uses the correct storage sizes of 80 stacks and 9600 bulk.[*]Demonskin Staff is now useable by Battlemages and Druids.[*]Adjusted the quest ?Avariatus' Quest: Slap around some beetles with Tail Whip? so that the waypoint is easier to find and that the dialogue and quest steps are more clear about which beetles to kill.[*]?Crystalshaping Mastery III? quest will now properly give out the proper ability when completed.[*]?Avariatus' Quest: Learn about the Helian faction!? now contains significantly more lore and does not require you to port to Vladtmordt to obtain the Imitation Scale of the Prime.[*]?Avariatus' Quest: Learn about the Lunus faction!? now contains significantly more lore and does not require you to port to Vladtmordt to obtain the Imitation Tempered Scale.[*]Corrected the waypoint for the pond on New Trismus in the quest, ?Kerian's Quest: Learn how to technique a claw!?.[*]Expert Maelstone formula will now properly classify as Expert instead of Master.[*]Bgn/Jrn/Exp/Mas Cast Stone formulas now require a Stone Cutter instead of a Stoneworking Pedastal. This will allow players to receive a bonus to the Stoneworking skill when processing Cast Stone.[*]Quest ?Lairshaping Mastery V? will now properly give out the ability of the same name when completed.[*]The Trophy Hunters in Kion and Sslanis are now looking for Large and Giant Sand Beetle Compound Eyes.[*]Corrected the XP values when applying Primal Essence of Mergence to a Tier 5 Lunus or Helian Consignment chamber.
    So Nothing more to say about not working Devs.;-)
    Kharuum / Caramia Unity
    Whenever an Optimist sees a ligth which isnt really there, there allways is an pesimist who blows it out.
    Giovanni Guareschi

I think Weston is right holydays or not.
    Ishar Xhaan => Ishar_Wind Xhaan => Imrryr Xhaan Lunus Destroyer
    and his biped slave KalTorak XhaanSlave Ice Disciple
    == Ancient Order Of Istarian Knights ==

Quote Originally Posted by Cobal
    [img]/Web/Themes/Generic/images/icon-quote.gif[/img]Weston wrote: Are the Pawn Brokers going to be reset to their prior functionality now that the Lair Auction is over?

Translation: :"Hey I was ok with the PB nerf as long as it really hurt dragons but now that the auctions are over its hurting me too, I no longer can get 100's of golds easy! that must be an oversight! change it! Waaaaaaaa!"
    One reason I only have a few posts in these forums while having played Horizons for nearly 2 years, is due to this kind of reaction. Obviously you don't understand the motivation for my question. It was in these same forums where I read several comments to the effect that they -were- just temporary to stave off huge cash windfalls during the auction process (which lasted weeks). Honestly, I could care less, as I have seldom used PB's to make cash at all.

Cobol, please don't arragantly assume that you're so clever that you can read my intent and need to 'translate' anything for me. Thx.

100 Reaver, Druid, Spiritist, Mage, 96 Healer, 98 Shaman, 67 Ranger, 40 Conjurer, 30 Monk, and 20 Scout & Cleric. Grandmaster Crafter, Chaos.

If you couldn't care less why mention it at all?
    To me that sentence just read that You felt it was needed to make sure those dragons wouldnt have to much cash, and now that they dont need cash anymore you would like it back so you can continue your money grinding.
    That's quite simply what your sentence looks like.

You say I dont understand your motivation.
    Well? What is your motivation for that sentence then?
    I think I guessed your motivation 100% accurate.
    I look forward to reading whatever motivations you will now make up.

Comments were NEVER made that said these were temporary measures btw.
    Get the map pack here - Get the REAL ancient models here!
    Get White Teeth and Claws for your Dragon here!

100/100 Ancient Dragon, member of the first group of 8 to ascend to ancient on Unity.
    This sig was designed for Firefox (stupid IE still can't handle png )
    www.AncientOrder.org

Temporary? I read this forum quite a lot too, and I can't remember a single comment from a developer claiming the pawnbroker change was temporary. When devs make a change I don't expect it to be a temporary one that'll be retired later.

The idea that pawnbroker change was made to stem farming of money for lair auctions doesn't really hold water. Here on Unity, most dragons were already about done with the money grind (myself included) when that patch came in. In fact, some started the grind way back when it was apparent the auctions were approaching.

Dragon adventurer 100 | Dragon crafter 100 | Dragon lairshaper 84

They never said the pawnbroker change was just for the auction. Never. It was always understood to be permanent. I don't know where you got the idea it was otherwise. (b.t.w. the only dragons it hurt were the ones who planned to PB golds worth of gems so as to outbid dragons who didn't exploit for the choicest lair plots).

Most places slow down for the holidays. I don't know about artistsbut I'm pretty surethe progammers could close to double their income, have more regular hours, and get an order of magnitude less infantile crap from their users by switching jobs. I'm just grateful they stick with it. Considering how few of them there are and what they've had to deal with they've actually done pretty well. Take it easy on them.

They obviously kept things running. I played throughout the holidays with no problems. If they shut down the servers then you would have a complaint, but they didn't so you don't.

The initial change to the PB before the Lair auctions was a permanent change. The complaints they got because of it being during the lair auction is one of the reasons they extended the auctions.

Yes, they deserve a break. By the calander that well deserved break is over and they are now working dilegently. I believe we will see a patch on the 17th. I would hope that most of us could wait that long.

Klaus, I work for the government. And no we did not shutdown.

Jayne
    Lady of Pain

Quote Originally Posted by Jayne

Klaus, I work for the government. And no we did not shutdown.
    Aye, I know. I work for a defense contractor in a DoD support program - we were open 24/7, just like our client, all through the 'holiday shutdown'. Maybe I should have said "Congress"... [;)]
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos
    "Death is fleeting. Pride is forever."

"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."-- Abraham Lincoln

So much love..... I could take the time to quote from all the player made anti pb change threads to show why someone who did'nt read the forums 24/7 might of thought it was going to be a temporary change but that'd be a waste of time.

Fact is it is possible and goodjob on making him want to be more a part of the forums as his initial post was to the point and alot nicer than many have made in the past without being jumped all over about.

60% Achiever
    46% Socializer
    46% Explorer
    46% Killer
    Redo the loot tables and bring on the undead hordes! (*Hands Nimk a Beer)

Thread Information