Thread: *bounces in* Just thought I'd say "Hi"!

Default *bounces in* Just thought I'd say "Hi"!

*meekly stands up*

My names Whercat...
    "Hello Whercat"
    And I am arecycled Horizons Player and mmo addict...
    "Welcome Whercat"

*Sits back down*

I thought I'd give Horizons a go last night since I had read that Peter S Beagle signed up with Tulga. Yay for the free trial!

I started playing in beta into launch for a few months thenleft previously right before the first unlocking of the Satyr race.My rl friend and the ol' "oooh another mmo beta is being opened" pulled me away.

I *think* I was originally on the "Dawn" server. I couldn't remember my old info to get back on my old account.[:P]

All I can say is "Wow!".

Besides a few clipping issues and some older graphics, I am impressed with the changes. [:)]

And the Dryads are just too cute!

The only thing I am wondering is which of the 2 servers are the most populated?
    Playing from 1am to 4am really didnt give me a good idea.
    I'd hate to seriously get into the game again to find it could close ala ac2 due to lack of funds/players. Any current worries in the community about that?

Thank you and hope to run into a few of you ingame!
    -Whercat

Default Re: *bounces in* Just thought I'd say "Hi"!

Chaos (non-roleplay) is more populated than Order (Roleplay). The wee hours of the morning USA time are kinda dead except for a small Aussie contingent and the odd Kiwi plus some US Military players in Japan or Korea.

If you still have your old email address used for login when you last played, that's your userid. If you forgot password they will mail to you. IF you no longer have the email, but still have credit card they may be able to match that.

Tulga Games bought the game from AE when the latter went into bankruptcy. Tulga has some investment money to keep some developers active fixing and improving things. Word is that that they are on the border of profitability. They may be leaking some cash, but they are not hemorrhaging.
    Ingo Nosdracir - Chaos - Human Paladin ++
    Nimah Nosdracir - Chaos - Human Warrior/Cleric
    Ogni Nosdracir - Chaos - Dragon Hatchling

Welcome back. [:)]

Chaos has the higher population, even in the wee hours (US time) there are a fair number of folks on.

The game was in the most danger of closing in the fall of '04; we got through those times and things have been improving since then. With subscriber count and server population on the rise, I don't think there's any danger of a shutdown. If there was, you wouldn't see Tulga spending money on luxuries like hiring Mr. Beagle. [;)]
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos
    "Death is fleeting. Pride is forever."

"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."-- Abraham Lincoln

Acul, Trandalar and Tagath's in Mala, Genevia Island

Welcome back, Whercat. If you were on Dawn, then those people you know who are still around will be on Order shard. Hope to see you in game.
    C`gan Weyrsinger, blue Tagath's rider, WorldProjects Team Lead Emeritus
    Tagath, blue Lunus "for the breath weapon"
    Located in sunny Acul on Trandalar, Order shard

Geeky

Quote Originally Posted by Whercat
    *meekly stands up*

I'd hate to seriously get into the game again to find it could close ala ac2 due to lack of funds/players. Any current worries in the community about that?
    I don't think so...I play on Chaos, the fullest server and it always seems to have quite a few people on all the time.

This game has potential to last a few more years...

Thanks for the replies!

I did eventually figure out my old account info yesterday, cancelled the trial and just reactivated theorig account instead.

I decided to just start a new char on Chaos instead of the old ones that were automatically transfered to Order. I didn't like the "name_Dawn" that the orig names were changed to.

I'm so excited about being back on, I even convinced a friend to get on later this weekend. *glee*

- Nikiski - New, blunderingHatchling of Chaos

You can actually change the name to get rid of the _Dawn. There's a feature on the web login page for that, or there was. I just use the launcher, these days *smiles*

Give it a try, Order is a fine shard. Heck, play on both.

I'd be more eloquent but it's 2:30 am ... bleagh.

-Levity

oneirosuchus

Welcome back! It's always nice to see former players returning. Kinda like coming home. ;)

If you have questions, don't forget to holler at New Player Assistence or the Dragon channel. Last time I looked on the New Tris connie (about a week ago), there was a pretty good stock of the scales and spells a young dragon needs, but ask around if there's something you can't find!

Thread Information