Thread: Possible solution to the Necrofly/Fyakki/Spider mass farming

Default Possible solution to the Necrofly/Fyakki/Spider mass farming

Alright, here is an idea that I've been brainstorming the past couple days...

The primary thing here is to make a swarm. I'll use necroflies for an example. You take ten necroflies and put them together into a swarm. Take the average T6 HP (I'll say 10,000 for brevity sake) and divide it by ten. Each necrofly now has 1,000 HP. Take the damage done per hit by the average T6 mob (Say, 750) and divide by 5. Each necrofly does 250 damage average per hit. Add in an Alpha to the swarm and invrease it's abilities by 10%.

Now, into the meat of this idea. First, to deal with AoE attacks. You simply take the damage that would be done to one necrofly, and divide it by the number of necroflies that remain. Then do that damage to each necrofly. I multicast perfect spell flame bomb no longer wipes out the entire spawn at once, but instead maybe reduces them to 1/4 or 1/2 health. As more and more necroflies drop, AoE spells do more damage, so once the swarm is down to maybe 3 or 4 flies left, you can then nuke them.

When a necrofly corpse drops to the ground, it instantly disapears. There is no way to loot them. The Alpha is the only one that can be looted, and it cannot be looted until the last necrofly in that particular swarm is dead. The XP is either not awarded until the last necrofly is dead, or you take the Xp for a T6 mob, divide by ten, and make that the Xp recieved for killing one.

Then, give a bonus to attack skill based upon the number of necroflies in the swarm. The more there are, the more you get hit. As you kill them off, the amount you get hit decreases dramaticly.

Do the same for Fyakki and Spiders, but perhaps make them in smaller swarms, say 5 for spiders and 3 for Fyakki. Don't give them a spawn area, but simply have them spawn at a few points (Randomized and if it is camped, no flies spawn) and then go on one of a few patrol paths through their respective deadlands...
    Death is the ultimate dilemma and integral to the beliefs and behavior of every culture. Life is bore on the corpses of the dead. Without death, there would be no motivation to do anything. The only emotion would be existing. Life would be pestilent and agonizing.

Ssilmath Torshak
    Paladin of Kass, Master Armorsmith

Default Re: Possible solution to the Necrofly/Fyakki/Spider mass farming

And you've just taken 1on1 killers completely out of the equation for these mob types.

Not really, it's still the same as killing a T6 mob, but the necrofly swarm is no longer a mass killing target. You still have to do the same amount of damage, but AoE spells are less effective...

Please explain how one on one fighters are taken out of the equation...
    Death is the ultimate dilemma and integral to the beliefs and behavior of every culture. Life is bore on the corpses of the dead. Without death, there would be no motivation to do anything. The only emotion would be existing. Life would be pestilent and agonizing.

Ssilmath Torshak

being that most if not all desirable drops have already been
    removed (according to Dev posts at least) from the above
    mentioned MOBs, I fail to see that there is a problem to
    begin with.
    Got Cowbell?

Sorry, I should have been clearer...the alpha is 10% tougher than the other flies...so, 1100 HP rather than 1000...

Ssilmath Torshak

Comps is one. Some are worthless but other like Fire and flame beetles sell well. Not to mention you can still PB all you loot.

But as I mentioned in another post, for the most part it all wrks out somewhat. Quality vs Quantity

Jayne

Pariah

What do you suggest we do when we can longer lvl multi class toons Ssil....perhaps ... I don't...get bored with one class..an quit the game ...to satisfy your need to not lvl a high lvl multiclass toon?
    Play your game the way you want, if you only want one class then that is your choice, don't foist your game play on others .

I give up! I bloody give up! For the crime of suggesting that a solution be put to the ability to round up a bunch of easy mobs and nuke them for lots of XP, I'm foisting my gameplay on others?

Hey Pariah, go say the same thing to everyone who supports the confectioner changes, to all the dragons who want multiclassing nerfed, and to the people who want to balance multiclassing too...

I am, after all, the bad guy here...

Ssilmath Torshak

Quote Originally Posted by Pariah
    What do you suggest we do when we can longer lvl multi class toons Ssil ...
    Maybe he's encouraging more people to play dragons...

Nah, couldn't be. This idea would impact dragons, single-class bipeds and solo hunters pretty badly,and just annoy an alreadyMMC biped.
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos
    "Death is fleeting. Pride is forever."

"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."-- Abraham Lincoln

I still fail to see how this harms single classed people at all...if they could kill a T6 mob already, then they should not be affected at all...

Please, in all your infinite wisdom, explain it to me...

Ssilmath Torshak

Pariah

Why is everyones solution to NERF everything in this game... why not just create GREAT BIG FREAKIN mobs that you cant mass pull, most people p/l in the T6mob cause they have nothing to do in between Valkor/Reklar or crafting , why don't you come up with a content solution if you want to brainstorm an idea?

Ok, simple solution to that, just have stuns/debuffs that affect one affect all, just like the AoE attack takes the damage from one, divides it up and applies to all...

Is that a little easier to swallow?

Ssilmath Torshak

The mass killing issue (referring specifically to Snow's thread) is in no way limited to Necrofly's/Fyakki/Spiders. Albeit they are the classic example. Its prevelant throughout horizons. Just to varying extents depending on mob types.

I remember months back in another thread listing farmable mobs and unfarmable mobs. But as time has gone on, more and more mobs have gone onto the mass killable list.

In tier 5

Wolves
    Beetles
    Golems
    Treants
    Gruoks
    Oastics
    Spiders
    Tarantulas
    Fyakki
    Necroflies
    Blights

are all mass killable

If you could find the correct type of spawns of them through in Abominations, Kwellen, and Aergors also.

And if you opened it up to lower level types, through in class mobs, werewolves, etc.

Really in t5/6, people aren'tmasskilling bloodskulks, ogres/pygmies, and WA class mobs, vexators. At least as far as I've heard. And really I'm not so sure now that its impossible, just that nobody's tried hard enough.

Unless you want to try and solve all mobs via this sort of method, you're only going to effect part of the problem.

PersonalJustice the Demon Slayer - Chaos

Master Crafter: 1900 Levels

WTB Undead Legions. Paying $12.95/month

The point is to kill the necroflies one by one quickly...In doing so, you decrease the abilities of the whole swarm...A berserker could go in and quickly kill 4 or 5 with abilities, or a mage could destroy with spells, etc...Basicly, it should average out...

All in all, the point is to take make a swarm into a single creature for damage, loot, XP and difficulty...As a multistrike/GR may take 10% of the HP off of an abomination, the same would be done to the swarm, taking 10% (1 fly) out with that hit...

Ssilmath Torshak

You could put in so many boss mobs that people will just wanna do that a majority of the time, but if that happened I would get zero sleep :( :) :(

Jayne

Why stop with the bugs? Give wolves a howl effect that they can use every couple minutes, as a stackable buff...The more in the group, the better the buff...Kill off 2 or 3 from the pack, and that buff reduces a lot...In other words, rather than rounding up a bunch of mobs at once and nuking, you need to kill 3 or 4 before nuking is effective...All the while, non nuking characters are not at a disadvantage because they can kill the individual mobs fast enough that it all balances out...

I know the idea isn't perfect, but it could be worked out into a proper system...Who knows, it may bring about that challenge that everyone seems to be wanting so bad...

Ssilmath Torshak

Its a very complicated solution.

Numerouschanges to the combat code. New behaviors, and abilties to be created and balanced. All for every type and level of mob in the game. All while trying to not to adversly effect other parts of the game: single classers, low level players, group combat, etc.

What are the odds that it gets done as intended, as planned out theoretically?

PersonalJustice the Demon Slayer - Chaos

Master Crafter: 1900 Levels

WTB Undead Legions. Paying $12.95/month

I think you are all thinking along the right lines here. But perhaps thinking a bit too globally and large-scale. We're revisiting each tier individually so this type of thing will be done on a tier by tier (region by region) basis. Spiders on Lesser Aradoth, for example, have a much different behavior than before. LA will get another pass fairly soon to finish it out, but that is the way we'll be approaching this type of thing.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Amon Gwareth
    I think you are all thinking along the right lines here. But perhaps thinking a bit too globally and large-scale. We're revisiting each tier individually so this type of thing will be done on a tier by tier (region by region) basis. Spiders on Lesser Aradoth, for example, have a much different behavior than before. LA will get another pass fairly soon to finish it out, but that is the way we'll be approaching this type of thing.
    awesome. but for god's sake, don't spawn 15+ of the same mob in a small area. especially if they are REALLY weak and easy.
    torvos: shadow/chaos shard (on vacation)
    100 mage/100 wizard/100 sorcerer/100 conjuror
    96 chaos warrior
    100 enchanter & member of the dark council

Explorer 86%, Socializer 46%,
    Killer 40%, Achiever 26%

Thread Information