Thread: problems problems

lida_Cane

Default problems problems

ok i keep trying to do my gifted quesy.. i just started the game about a week ago and when i go to the the assesor of swift, and recall back... i lag to bad to load it quick enough... I have tweaked and poked proded everything doesnt help i dont lag loading towns or anything its just my recalls. Can Anyone Help me Figure This Out... btw i have atleast 2x the requirements for the game...

Nordico

Default Re: problems problems

Lida, I canĀ“t solve your pain if it is specific to HZ but I am a computer/network/server/cisco professional...

FAQ: Some advice for ALL games EVEN if you have a comp 4x req. ;-)
    *Run CheckDisk and then Defrag on all drives.
    *Run DXdiag and check if you have DirectX 9.0C and that all is ok.
    *Close all unnessesary programs (and services)before launching game.
    *Use a mem defrag like: RAM Def XT to defrag mem before you start the game.
    *DoNOT run the game in a Windowed mode (options/video settings in HZ).
    *Have min. 512MB RAM else get more.
    *Use a comp. with min. 1.4 GHz (P4/Athlon) or get upgraded.
    *Set your swap file to fixed 2GB on your fastest drive/paritition (drive C)(this is especially important in HZbecause the memory leak IS NOT FIXED and at 1.8 GBthe game does a CTD (crasch to desktop) but just before it begins to lag).
    *Update your Motherboard, Sound and Video Drivers. If you have a ATI videocard you may have better luck with a older version. This is critical if 4in1 drivers are req.

Hope this helps...

cruiz

Hi,

I had the same problem and have assumed that it's my PC that is causing the recall quest to fail. However it seems it is a feature of the quest, it's timing you getting to the assessor of swiftness, not just recalling, so you have to talk to the assessor of the swiftness as soon as you arrive. You need to bind facing him so you can talk to him quiicker.

I would also recommend player assistance channel for future quest problems, as they have helped me with this issue before.

It is indeed timing you, but I believe it gives you 2 or 3 minutes.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Some people can not port in 2 or 3 minutes... so if you need to port now for that test, then it really needs to be redesigned.

You have always needed to port for that quest. Thatwas not changed.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

You have needed a port to recall to get your aura measured, but it was never timed as far as I know, I just ran back last time with my dragon as I'm still bound in the tutorial, heh.

The test of soul has always been timed. I remember back at launch the quest was next to impossible to finish due to lag and horrendous port times. I finally managed to complete it at some crazy time like 6am when the server was empty, heh.

To the original poster, here's a couple things you can try:
    1) Make a hotkey to select the guy and greet him
    /select Assesor of Swiftness (or whatever his name is)
    /greet

2) Bind right next to the guy, facing him

3) Turn the loading screen off
    /setpref useloadingscreen false (you might have to relog for this change to take effect, I forget)
    Tympest Stormchaser
    100/100 Ancient Lunus Dragon - Retired
    Erus Ex Istaria - Order

I ran this one just the other night with no real problems.

I did have to run it twice because I could not find the guy in the trees at the north end of the island and ended up being killed by some skeletons.

But Im a biped and might be a little faster but actually once I figured out where I had to go it was quite easy. Recalling has not been an issue in fact it works so well Ive been able to escape barely alive from combat a number of times by /recall

Thread Information