Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Blight Update - January 11, 2006

Default Blight Update - January 11, 2006

Date: 01/04/2006 [img]/images/com_images/spacer.gif[/img]

The following changes/additions/fixes have been applied to the Blight shard on January 11th, 2006...[*]Fine Yew Quarterstaff, Yew Quarterstaff, Yew Shillelagh, and Yew Staff can now be tricked again.[*]Ugrot the Ice Ogre and Kungi the Ice Pygmy will now count towards completion of the Level 40 Drain Strike IV quest for Dragons.[*]Dimebach the Nickel Golem and Gravier the Granite Golem will now count towards completion of the Level 40 Accurate Breath IV quest for Dragons.[*]The Dragon Council and Relstaroth the Lairshaper have agreed to increase the capacity that can be stored in Lair Storage chambers. The new totals are:[*]Tier 1 ? 25000 bulk[*]Tier 2 ? 40000 bulk[*]Tier 3 ? 55000 bulk[*]Tier 4 ? 70000 bulk[*]Tier 5 ? 85000 bulk[*]Tier 6 ? 100000 bulk[/list][*]Redbacked Spider Breeder Eye will now list the techniques it is a component for in its description.[*]Biting Necroflies will no longer drop coin, but now have a greater chance of dropping more than one loot item.[*]Grup the Sand Pygmy on New Trismus now carries appropriate loot.[*]Technique ?Craft: Essence Structuring III? now requires Redbacked Tarantula Eyes instead of Myloc Hair.[*]Technique ?Adventure: Primal IV? now requires Arbotus Gullet instead of Myloc Hag Feet.[*]Technique ?Adventure: Dragon Breath IV? now requires Shadow Spider Fang instead of Myloc Hag Feet.[*]Corrected the minimum and maximum Skill and Units required when applying Polished Maelstones to a Tier 5 Helian/Lunus Essence Shaping chamber.[*]Weaver Trainers now carry the Journeyman Leather Tannin formula.[*]Beginner Dried Fruit now asks for a Baking Spatula instead of Clay Scoop.[*]Stunner III now has a recycle time of 30 seconds.[*]Defy Nature II will now overwrite Defy Nature I when it is obtained.[*]Skill requirements for Beginner, Journeyman, Expert and Master Fungal Hide Processing forms updated to 150, 350, 550, 750, 950 and 1150.[*]Journeyman Fungal Cap Processing form added to all Gatherer trainers.[*]Lowered the resource requirements for Lair Storage chambers.[*]?Attunement to Aedan? quest accepts all wolves now and has better directions.[/list]
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Default Re: Blight Update - January 11, 2006

Thanks for the update!

So by lair storage is that for a lair rooms storage or the "silo" type?
    100 Adventure/Crafter following the path of Helian

Expert Lairshaper
    Grand hall complete.

Much good news - can't wait for this to go live!

Can we get specifics on the new reqs for the storage chambers?
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos
    "Death is fleeting. Pride is forever."

"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."-- Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by Death-Knell
    Thanks for the update!

So by lair storage is that for a lair rooms storage or the "silo" type?
    I would assume "silo" type as Lair Storage Chamber means to me the silos. If they mean Lairs The should have said they "changed Lair Storage". But that is just me and you know what you get when you assume.

Lair Storage Chamber = Dragon Silo

New Construction Requirements are:

Imbued Metal Bars x 42
    Excoriations x 28
    Primal Essence x 14
    Flowstones x 14
    Maelstones x 14
    Crystalline Lattices x 42

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

woots on the lair changes!!

Keep'em comin ;)

Thank you, Amon!!! *celebrates*
    "Sarcasm! Just one more of the FREE services I offer."

excellent, glad to see stunner got fixed.
    torvos: shadow/chaos shard (on vacation)
    100 mage/100 wizard/100 sorcerer/100 conjuror
    96 chaos warrior
    100 enchanter & member of the dark council

Explorer 86%, Socializer 46%,
    Killer 40%, Achiever 26%

David said in game that the new spirals would go to live on the 17th but they aren't on this week's Blight list. I presume this means they aren't going live next week after all, so when can we now expect them? [:@]
    Guildmaster of The Alliance
    http://The-Alliance.cjb.net

Just realised this still said Ice....oopsie

Quote Originally Posted by Amon Gwareth
    [img]/images/com_images/spacer.gif[/img][*]The Dragon Council and Relstaroth the Lairshaper have agreed to increase the capacity that can be stored in Lair Storage chambers. The new totals are:[*]Tier 1 ? 25000 bulk[*]Tier 2 ? 40000 bulk[*]Tier 3 ? 55000 bulk[*]Tier 4 ? 70000 bulk[*]Tier 5 ? 85000 bulk[*]Tier 6 ? 100000 bulk[/list][/list]
    OK, firstly thank you for the bulk increases. Only thing is the bulk still doesnt make sense in the context of lair layouts.... For example as a guildy pointed out to me a t1 storage chamber uses 1x1 units in a lair. A t2 uses 2x1. So thats twice the space so logically you'd expect at least twice the bulk but instead you get 10000 less. I'll be honest and say I dont know the dimensions of the other storage rooms but if iirc correctly they follow the same pattern.
    Anyone else noticed this? Is this intended?
    Give Unity the support it deserves!

It appears to be intended to increase at a 15000 bulk per lvl rate.
    Elated that HZ is no longer in the hands of the Infidels.

Now.. I may have to split my time between 2 games... CS:S and HZ...

The bulk is not based on the dimensions of the structure, but rather the bulk of the resource that can be stored there. So, for example, a Biped Silo is based on the 8 bulk processed resource item. A dragon storage chamber is now based on the 10 bulk raw resource unit.

And increases at a standard rate to the maximum stack that can fit in a structure. That is 9999.

The bulk is not based on the dimensions of the structure, but rather the bulk of the resource that can be stored there. So, for example, a Biped Silo is based on the 8 bulk processed resource item. A dragon storage chamber is now based on the 10 bulk raw resource unit.

And increases at a standard rate to the maximum stack that can fit in a structure. That is 9999.
    If storage aren't based on dimension, then why give dragon silo that take up to NINE time more dimension that equivalent plot silo?

There's no logic over this. I was happy to see the silo capacity increase, but yet again, my expectations were cut short by the ridiculous gains.

Dragon storage take more room, hold less per lair space, and cannot be packed toghether thanks to the requirement of a coridors.
    A plot silos can all be stacked without problem without access issues and the same foot print can hold an increasing Tier of Silo.

With the space taken by a Tier 5 silos, we could put up to SIX Tier 1 dimension silo.
    That's 68000x6 = 408000 bulk, NOT 85000.

I don't call this fair at all.
    Thanks Tulga, for giving us false hope again.
    Dragon Lairs: Istaria's ghetto

Amon -great news on the silos and new resource requirements. Thank you very much - this will make life a lot easier for dragons who do not have guild silos to use.

I have a question though. If the silo is not complete on this change going live, will the resources applied go across to the new requirements as 1:1 or as a percentage complete of the new requirement?

i.e If there are 42 lattices applied now (50%) - will that requirement be completed - or will you still have to get 50% (which would be 21 more)?

Smeglor should feel free to correct me here, but I believe that it will affect new structures.

I remember back when they cut the resource requirements on the flooring and such. And the way it suppossedly worked was the change effected even planned structures, and if you'd reached the new requirement for that resource, you'd be finished with it, although if you'd gone over you'd still be finished (but no refund).

Although that verywell may have changed since then or never have worked that way at all.
    PersonalJustice the Demon Slayer - Chaos

Master Crafter: 1900 Levels

WTB Undead Legions. Paying $12.95/month

For reference, the effective storage space per cubic unit, with the new bulk limits, will be:

T1 storage: 25000 (25000/1)
    T2 storage: 20000 (40000/2)
    T3 storage: 13750 (55000/4)
    T4 storage: 11667 (70000/6)
    T5 storage: 10625 (85000/8)
    T6 storage: 8833 (100000/12)

Obviously, my plan remains the same: only use T1 storage rooms as larger ones are effectively a waste of space.

edit: Higher tier storage rooms aren't exactly improving capacity either; I think this goes under the same category as tents being the most effective storage on biped plots. Anyway, here is the comparison list:

Hall: All halls have shrines and storage
    T1 bulk 07200 Stack 060 (2x2x2) - 900 bulk 7,5 stack per cube
    T2 bulk 14400 Stack 120 (2x2x2) - 1800 bulk 15 stack per cube
    T3 bulk 21600 Stack 180 (3x2x3) - 1200 bulk 10 stack per cube
    T4 bulk 28800 Stack 240 (3x2x3) - 1600 bulk 13,3 stack per cube
    T5 bulk 36000 Stack 300 (3x3x3) - 1333,3 bulk 11,1 stack per cube
    T6 bulk 43200 Stack 360 (3x3x3) - 1600 bulk 13,3 stack per cube

Lair: Storage
    T1 bulk 02400 Stack 020 (2x2x1) - 600 bulk 5 stack per cube
    T2 bulk 04800 Stack 040 (2x2x1) - 1200 bulk 10 stack per cube
    T3 bulk 07200 Stack 060 (3x2x2) - 600 bulk 5 stack per cube
    T4 bulk 09600 Stack 080 (3x2x2) - 800 bulk 6,7 stack per cube
    T5 bulk 12000 Stack 100 (3x2x3) - 666,7 bulk 5,6 stack per cube
    T6 bulk 14400 Stack 120 (3x2x3) - 800 bulk 6,7 stack per cube

Library: Storage (forms and techs)
    T2 bulk 100 Stack 050 (2x1x1) - 50 bulk 25 stack per cube
    T4 bulk 150 Stack 075 (2x1x1) - 75 bulk 37,5 stack per cube
    T6 bulk 200 Stack 100 (2x1x1) - 100 bulk 50 stack per cube

Grand Hall: Storage and shrine
    T6 bulk 60,000 Stack 360 (4x4x4) - 937,5 bulk 5,6 stack per cube

Dragon adventurer 100 | Dragon crafter 100 | Dragon lairshaper 84

If I am not mistaken - Bipeds raw resource unitsare also 10 bulk.

They use some funky reasoning wherein the highest tier of the silo (6) should have just enough bulk to hold 9999 (maximum stack size) of a resource.

Biped silos "are based on the 8 bulk processed resource item" as a t6 silo has 80000 bulk, enough for just over 9999 of an 8 bulk resource.

Presumably they switched over to a 10 bulk resource base for dragon silos, wherein the t6 would have 100000 bulk and hold 9999 of 10 bulk resources (most raw resources).

Why they do it this wayI haven't the foggiest clue. If I had to rationalize it, Dragon Lairshaping uses large amounts of unprocessed resources each type for various types of lair materials. So theoretically speaking a dragon might want to store 10 bulk raw resources instead of 8 bulk processed resources.

The value of this switch is debatable. But all in all it is an increases the bulk of the lowest tier silo which is what 95% of dragons are going to build anyway so its a win in that respect.
    PersonalJustice the Demon Slayer - Chaos

Master Crafter: 1900 Levels

WTB Undead Legions. Paying $12.95/month

The Lair Corridor Spiral Reverse and Lair Corridor Spiral Corner are both already on Blight and are not part of this delta.

When Chaos, Order, and Unity are next updated with a delta, those Lair corridors will both become available.

Thank you,

David Bowman
    David Bowman

Thread Information