Thread: Interesting graphic bug

Aquilus

Default Interesting graphic bug

A little history first. When my wife and I first started playing, we noticed this on her system. All of her gem golems, and all grass beetles, are brown/reddish brown. (Sandstone/Bronze golems look fine, frost beetles are blue, etc.) We have very comparable systems and all settings available via the video options tab are identical for both systems. Everything on my system looked fine. No other graphical issues were seen on hers.

The other day while on a guild hunt in EB, I had one of the nastiest crashes I've ever had. Had to do a 120 reset. When I finally came back, I noticed that right clicking no longer brought up a menu. I also then noticed that none of my window "hotkeys" were working (i.e. using "c" to open the character screen). I opened the options menu with the mouse, which thankfully still worked, and noticed that yep, *all* of my key bindings had been cleared. Not a single one existed. I could not set them manually either, it just wouldn't work. The only thing I could do was *gulp* click the restore defaults button. This worked, all key bindings returned. However, now my graphic settings had been reverted.

So, using the settings on my wifes computer (identical, remember?) I reset everything. The next day I went out to kill some grass beetles for trophies. Hey look, they're brown. Jump over the hill to check the amethyst golems...brown. So, it's definiately not a hardware or driver thing, it seems to be some game setting that got hosed by the crash.

I know some others have seen this. I tried clearing my world cache, deleting my graphics .def file and performing a full scan (thanks for the suggestion Klaus) but unfortunately that didn't work. Can anyone suggest anything else? Or perhaps someone has encountered and fixed this??

Default Re: Interesting graphic bug

Frid just posted an item on that in this thread:

http://community.istaria.com/Web/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=117060

Looks like a lot of people are getting hit by it.
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos
    "Death is fleeting. Pride is forever."

"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."-- Abraham Lincoln

Aquilus

Default Re: Interesting graphic bug

Hmm, description seems to fit, looks very promising. I'll give it a shot when I get home. [:D]

[EDIT]
    It works! This was exactly the fix needed. This setting fixed 1)The grass beetles, they are now green, 2)Most colored golems, they are now their correct color, 3)Signs, they are no longer heiroglyphical, but in English and 4)The water as stated in the linked post.

Thanks again Klaus for the link.
    [/EDIT]

Is there an updated link to the article by Frid? I know 4 people with this problem. 2 of which golems used to have color and suddenly stopped.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquilus
    they are no longer heiroglyphical
    I noticed the heiroglyphs before. It's kind of a neat font type thing, makes me wonder if theres a language the devs made for the games(much like D'ni, the language in the Myst/Riven series).
    Explorer 80%
    Killer 46%
    Achiever 40%
    Socializer 33%

Thread Information