Thread: Feedback about Area - Sslanis Basin

Default Feedback about Area - Sslanis Basin

First of all I'd like to say that I really like what you have done with the whole monster move and I still enjoy making a new character every now and then to look for a challenge but there is one area I always will stay away from because it has a monster combo which is really hard to beat.

Sslanis basin has some craft facilities for getting dim essence making orbs and getting hides and venison but having those spiders and ghostly bloodmages wander around with the certain amount of patroling skeletons makes this area extremly hard to craft for the level it's intended for.

When I go there I always use a character that can easily beat up these monsters because going there with a lvl 20 character equals suicide.

This area looks like it is for crafters but looks are deceiving. To me this is just an adventure area with alot of crafting opportunities for mental lower level adventurers.

Default Re: Feedback about Area - Sslanis Basin

It used to be a really nice craft area. There used to be no monsters there and just deer, wisps, apple oastics. They changed it to hostile after the revamp of Lesser Aradoth. I for one like what they did to most of Lesser Aradoth but I do feel saddness at the loss of what was ones a great craft area.
    Nayuaka and Nayukhuut. Freelance Helian lorekeepers of Chaos.

In addition to this area. There are named mobs that constantly spawn/wander the area. They rip apart a lower player, so its very unfriendly. Even if you kill them, they come right back.

Dragging a disk is nearly impossible in that area. The spawn is so heavy, and the roads are just camped with mobs all the way to Sslanis there is no way for a crafter to get their goods back into town, unless they are a high level and it takes a long time, since everything is highly aggressive.

As a low level player I am terrified to go there alone, as a high level player I don't go there because of the constant agros and AoEs needed to slaughter hundreds of mobs. Since its the primary area for dim essence (or should be), it has overly taxed the 5 or 6 wisps on New Trismus, leaving that area camped and people having to go to wisp isle.

I agree, as a resource area it's pretty unusable. The constant aggro makes disks unusable. I can gather there without risk, but I hate to do so for fear that all the mobs following me might switch to any low-level crafters I might run in to. Besides, having to constantly stop harvesting to AoE everything severly impacts productivity.
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos
    "Death is fleeting. Pride is forever."

"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."-- Abraham Lincoln

After the tutorial and confectioner work is done, we will be reapproaching portions of Lesser Aradoth. This is one area we will look at.

Thanks for the input.

David
    David Bowman

I hope they don't remove all the danger. The risk is what used to maketheold lesser aradoth to the north a spooky scary place to run thru (thanks to fyakki, and the ocassional skeletons and ghosts). Venturing into those woods was always exciting.

I would get opinions from newer players who have played alot in the area before making big changes there. The area really is for players up to about level 25, and anyone else just isn't going to have the same perspective. I would agree that early level crafting should be less painful than higher level crafting (machines in the fields anyone?), but how many sub level 15 toons go crafting in that area? New Brommel, etc is better suited for the earliest levels of crafting for t1.

On the other hand the spawn density of the skeletons on the roads might be a bit too thick. But if it was up to me I wouldn't remove them alltogether.

I like the fact that LA and especially the Sslanis Basin area has becomemore dangerous now ... buthere things were indeed a little bit overdone. Nice if you have to keep your eyes open and your guard up while traveling the area ... butnot too nice if you're eaten up alive and have nowhere to run. I think with a little care and perhaps a detour here and there one should be able to avoid the worst of the danger. This is completely impossible here.

The Sslanis Basin area brings the twofold problem of many areas in LA to an extreme ... very high mob spawn with no to almost no quiet places and instant mob respawn. Whenever you kill a mob it immediately respawns one step away. No chance to win here.

- Narkano

Thread Information