Thread: wisps and residues

imported_kylara

Default wisps and residues

can we color code the wisps and residues? when you're on wisp isle, clicking on every single residue looking for a specific one can get a bit tedious.

Default Re: wisps and residues

:o but... what about... ya know, their name being above them?
    ~=Seikojin=~
    Horizons suggestions
    Dragon ideas
    Ill say it over and over until it is addressed...
    Take your suggestions here . Submit a help request and choose feedback from the list. They cannot ignore their inbox.

Their names are only above the actual Wisps.. not above their residues.. also somepeople have the names turned off so they wouldn't necessesaricly see those names specifying what they are.
    Elated that HZ is no longer in the hands of the Infidels.

Now.. I may have to split my time between 2 games... CS:S and HZ...

Jink

Ooh, good idea. As someone who can only harvest dim essence at the moment, colour coding them would bo cool...

Or make them glow, the higher the tier the brighter the glow :P
    Get the map pack here - Get the REAL ancient models here!
    Get White Teeth and Claws for your Dragon here!

100/100 Ancient Dragon, member of the first group of 8 to ascend to ancient on Unity.
    This sig was designed for Firefox (stupid IE still can't handle png )
    www.AncientOrder.org

Quote Originally Posted by Cobal
    Or make them glow, the higher the tier the brighter the glow [img]/Web/emoticons/emotion-4.gif[/img]
    they actually do this. but its REALLY hard to see in daylight... or at night for that matter.
    torvos: shadow/chaos shard (on vacation)
    100 mage/100 wizard/100 sorcerer/100 conjuror
    96 chaos warrior
    100 enchanter & member of the dark council

Explorer 86%, Socializer 46%,
    Killer 40%, Achiever 26%

safaia

Same problem with metals that spawn at the same area, like iron/nickel, mithril/platin. It is very hard to call them different by view.

I vote for making different things look different!

Quote Originally Posted by safaia
    Same problem with metals that spawn at the same area, like iron/nickel, mithril/platin. It is very hard to call them different by view.

I vote for making different things look different!
    I dunno if it's only my system, but I noticed that when a metal node is first rendered on the screen, it first display the first layer then the rough outside rendering. On the first phase, I can actually see the color of the node (silver for silver, gold for gold, etc). I use that to remember which node are what when I gather in an area. Not the best way, but it help until tulga implement something in the type of "/select Iron" like for monsters
    Dragon Lairs: Istaria's ghetto

Well I know the /select <resource> was never implemented because it made scripting to easy.

And no, its not just your machine. Metals first render as the appropriate color for me also. But they really need to come up with a color coded system. Especially for wisps in areas like mahagra. There is plenty of glowing wisps there but trying to locate them against the snow gives me a headache.
    100 Adventure/Crafter following the path of Helian

Expert Lairshaper
    Grand hall complete.

Quote Originally Posted by Death-Knell
    There is plenty of glowing wisps there but trying to locate them against the snow gives me a headache.
    There are wisps in Mahagra?? Never seen any.
    Elated that HZ is no longer in the hands of the Infidels.

Now.. I may have to split my time between 2 games... CS:S and HZ...

safaia

I am relatively sure that 1,5 years ago there was akey-action (F6 ?) to select the nearest resource node, and with /follow I was able to walk towards the resource.

I am relatively sure about that because in no other game that I have played there were resources to gather...
    I don't really miss that feature, because I don't like those guys who start crafting with a script and then go AFK and you are pissed because this bot gathers YOUR resource nodes most of the time ;)

But I still assist the suggestion to make different, easy to differenciatetextures for each single resource type and mob.

Quote Originally Posted by fratricide
    [img]/Web/Themes/default/images/icon-quote.gif[/img]Death-Knell wrote: There is plenty of glowing wisps there but trying to locate them against the snow gives me a headache.
    There are wisps in Mahagra?? Never seen any.
    Probably cause they are all but invisible unless you get close to them. If you head out to where the sandstone/blighted sandstone use to be. Theres a path north to a saw mill. Just a little bit north and east is a clearing with hordes of wisps.
    100 Adventure/Crafter following the path of Helian

Expert Lairshaper
    Grand hall complete.

Quote Originally Posted by kylara
    can we color code the wisps and residues? when you're on wisp isle, clicking on every single residue looking for a specific one can get a bit tedious.
    You can always go to wisps on the mainland of Istaria...
    T1 Lesser Aradoth
    T2 West of chic among treants
    T3 East of Mahagra just before the granite "canyon"
    T4 I believe near heather among T4 treants (the only one I dont seem to really remember)
    T5 Northern part of spirit swamp
    I personally have been to wisp island 1 time (better said 1 day) and that was because of community event...
    Rvlion- LvL 100:100:100 - 59.3M - Lunus Ancient
    Gallinthus- LvL 100:42:41 - 6.9M - Hatchling
    Lohasbrand– LvL 4:3:0 – 1.0M - Hatchling
    Sslion- LvL 25 Mage, 25 Warrior, 10 Cleric, 6 Druid, 6 Monk and a few Craft Schools

That's actually T3 wisps near Heather among T3 treants. The T4 wisps are outside the front gate of Feladan amongst the deer.
    Ingo Nosdracir - Chaos - Human Paladin ++
    Nimah Nosdracir - Chaos - Human Warrior/Cleric
    Ogni Nosdracir - Chaos - Dragon Hatchling

Quote Originally Posted by Nosdracir
    That's actually T3 wisps near Heather among T3 treants. The T4 wisps are outside the front gate of Feladan amongst the deer.
    Now that you mention it you are right... I stand corrected... [:$]
    Rvlion- LvL 100:100:100 - 59.3M - Lunus Ancient
    Gallinthus- LvL 100:42:41 - 6.9M - Hatchling
    Lohasbrand– LvL 4:3:0 – 1.0M - Hatchling
    Sslion- LvL 25 Mage, 25 Warrior, 10 Cleric, 6 Druid, 6 Monk and a few Craft Schools

yes, you'll always find wisps in the "native" tree field
    ..oh, except in the case of elm, because they somehow got removed at some point and they didn't care to put them back in even though it's been mentioned.
    of course now they're going to be revamping t2, so they definitely won't be putting them back.
    i hope they keep that pattern. makes sense to see wisps in forests.

Thread Information