Thread: Add a update server

Default Add a update server

After serveral system reloads caused by a combination of a bad new motherboard and memory stick i would personally love to see a stand alone patcher that you could connect to as an option that does not do anything but update the game files and then drops you out having to stat up to log out after a reload or to end up logging into game and wasting server time while afk is not necessary

Given enough time and the proper temperament anything doable in game is possible
    Confectioner first last and always

Default Re: Add a update server

You can just quit the standalone patcher using the ctrl+alt+del keys, bringing up your windows task manager and quitting it before it starts horizons.
    Nisse 100 Helian/Nissei 100 Lunus/SShiak biped (All on Chaos)

what i am trying to say is that if you load game off of cd you have to connect to the "live game" server to patch which depending on your connection could take hours.
    At the end of the patching process you automatically log into server, If you are afk/asleep you end up being logged in for minutes to hours doing nothing. What i would like to see is A stand alone update server that auto disconnects you after updating game, this serves a two-fold purpose one it decreases draw on the game server and also dosent leave you connect/in game when finished.
    Given enough time and the proper temperament anything doable in game is possible
    Confectioner first last and always

I see your point. :)
    Nisse 100 Helian/Nissei 100 Lunus/SShiak biped (All on Chaos)

No it will load all the files and unless you have unclicked auto delete of fills it will sit there and wait for you to yse yes delete these files. At least for me it does. So you could safely start update go to bed wake up in the morning click delete wait for the game to load then log out.

Or tulga could offer every patch as a seperate download.
    Just download an executable and execute when you have time for it :)

Having this file available as spanning zip archive (each part 2 mb small for example) would go a long way to making the updating process more pleasant for modem users.
    Get the map pack here - Get the REAL ancient models here!
    Get White Teeth and Claws for your Dragon here!

100/100 Ancient Dragon, member of the first group of 8 to ascend to ancient on Unity.
    This sig was designed for Firefox (stupid IE still can't handle png )
    www.AncientOrder.org

I'd love to have a seperate update sever just to be able to update the game before maintenance is over. It sucks having to wait for maintenance to be over THEN have to wait for the update to DL. If we could opt DL the update before maintenance is over, we could get in the game that much quicker after a patch. If you didn't opt to update beforehand, then it would work as usual where it forces a full scan and you update on log in.

*dreams*

Thread Information