Thread: Tier 1 Lairs

Default Tier 1 Lairs

I just added a Tier 1 lair to my Lair - until I saw the building requirements. 938 construction units to build a room that will hold just 20 items/2400 bulk?!?
    A Tier 1 biped house with equivalent storage holds takes just 50 construction units to build. I've always advised guildies that the first structure they build on their plot be a T1 house, as it's the best storage value and fast and easy to put up and no big loss if they deleteit later.
    No way on earth (or in Istaria) wouldI ever advise anyone to build a T1 lair room.

Surely this has to be a mistake?
    Guildmaster of The Alliance
    http://The-Alliance.cjb.net

Default Re: Tier 1 Lairs

IMO the only T1 lair structures you should use are corridors and silos. The resource requirements for higher T chambers are not evenly scaled in terms of quantity, just the T of the resources required, meaning that it is almost as much work to make a T1 structure as a higher T for less gain.

If you can get yourself some High-T lairshaping scales - you can pretty much avoid T1 all together.

ssylva

Try a HALL if you want to see insanely high requirements...

I dont know if it means that I should be carted off to an asylum that 2 of the first 3 rooms in my lair are halls....

First hall is done(tier 2) -- second hall(tier 4) 9% done crystalshaper(tier 4)70% done

Quote Originally Posted by ssylva
    Try a HALL if you want to see insanely high requirements...

I dont know if it means that I should be carted off to an asylum that 2 of the first 3 rooms in my lair are halls....

First hall is done(tier 2) -- second hall(tier 4) 9% done crystalshaper(tier 4)70% done
    *carts Ssylva off to an asylum*

Now that that's taken care of....

Lair chambers are not good value for the resources at all. I'm almost finished a tier II lair and it's taken me a long time to build and a ton of work. Unfortunately for me I didn't look at the benefits before I started work on it. Halls aren't good value either but at least with a hall you have access to other levels immediately upon completion. That might be true for lairs as well though I havn't looked at any of the higher tier ones. On the other hand both rooms look really nice and I figure that a lair full of nothing but corridors and machine rooms would be the dragon equivalent of a biped plot farm. Not all that nice to look at but functional.

well, when i designed my lair i didn't know the function of lairs and halls, so i just put them in where i thought they looked nice. when i saw the resource requirements .. well, i'm a procrastinator, so i'm going to be putting those off as long as i can ;) but i'm still going to make them, including the t1 versions i have in my lair, because i want my lair to look and feel like a home, not just be a functional crafter's lair / industrial park.

Well I'm insane and suicidal. I put a T4 lair on the bottom as the last chamber. A large part of my lair is a grand hall, you want to see a huge resource requirement check that out. It will take me forever to finish it, but if I ever do it will look great and be a great centerpiece.
    100 Adventure/Crafter following the path of Helian

Expert Lairshaper
    Grand hall complete.

Quote Originally Posted by Death-Knell
    Well I'm insane and suicidal. I put a T4 lair on the bottom as the last chamber. A large part of my lair is a grand hall, you want to see a huge resource requirement check that out. It will take me forever to finish it, but if I ever do it will look great and be a great centerpiece.
    Thats my feelings also. I want a lair at the very bottem and a Grand Hall above it in about the middle that I plan to use for guild meeting and other gatherings my Guild hold.

Thread Information