Thread: Tank food

Default Tank food

I remember one of the random effects of the trinkets was that it made all mobs within a certain radius attack you. (not sure if the trinket effect really worked though)

If that effect could be shoved into a food, I'm sure it could be useful to the adventurers whose role in group life is to take damage and leave the squishies of the group to deal out their spell damage on the mobs or heal group members.

The effect should override the current mob behaviour where mobs chase down the lowest ADV rating member of a group.

Limitations:

The effect does not work beyond a certain range. eg 40-70m (depending on the tier of the food)
    The effect lasts 20 seconds or could be dependant on the tier of the food

The effect is tiered. ie if the tank is grouped, it should only work if all group members are within the current ADV rating tier of the "Bait Tank".
    eg.
    Bait Tank ADV rating - 38, lowest group member ADV rating - 26, mobs aggro on Bait Tank
    Bait Tank ADV rating - 38, lowest group member ADV rating - 18, mobs aggro on group member with lowest ADV rating
    Bait Tank ADV rating - 120 or higher, lowest group member ADV rating - 100, mobs aggro on Bait Tank
    Bait Tank ADV rating - 120 or higher, lowest group member ADV rating - 99, mobs aggro on group member with lowest ADV rating

Default Re: Tank food

Thanks Kumu, I like the idea that different ingredients attract different mobs rather than just one "super attractant" for everything.

Perhaps instead of an edible food, something more like tipping a bucket of berley* over yourself to attract various mobs would seem more believable.

*Berley - mixture of fish oil, ground up fish heads, dog food, breadcrumbs, chicken feed etc. that you throw in the water to attract fish...just google "berley" and "fish" to see how people make and use it.

Put brains in the mixture to attract undead
    Necrofly bits for spiders
    Marshmallows for fire type mobs
    and so on...

Exactly! And this whole magic thing has me a bit worried too, it doesn't make sense, lets get rid of that!

I agree Kumu. You stated a problem, gave a case in point, and a suggestion. If only we could all do that, myself included.

Jayne

Loacalea

I agree food should have a major role to play.
    HoweverI don't think they should give us benificial buff.
    plz don't incourage them anymore then they arewith giving food buffs.
    hehee

I thought this idea was about as beneficial to the Tank as someone walking into a biker bar and calling out "yer all a bunch of skirt wearing sissies". The tank should use it with caution and bring a healer.

I also thought this "food" would serve best as a confectioner made item because it's different to the DP removal and buff type of foods. Also to stop griefing it should not be a magical buff or ability that someone can cast on another.

Quote Originally Posted by Kumu Honua
    I have always had a problem with "Food" giving benifits. They usually make no sense whatsoever.

Case in Point: Chocolate Spiders. Why does eating a chocolate covered spider give such a good strength boost?

This idea is something I could possibly swallow without much effort. I can definatly imagine the smell of the warrior's last meal to be strong enough to distract monsters. Perhaps it works against wolves far more than say: Golems. I could definatly imagine a wolf being more interested in that warrior who happens to have a strong smell of "Pot Roast" and also imagine that a golem made of stone would really not care...
    As much sense as mixing a mining pick into a stone/metal reaper, or any other tool into a reaper for that matter. I was somewhat disapointed when I started making speed pots that I couldn't use an old smelly boot or shoe. :P
    Master of the "Veiled Insult" .... Observe
    [veil]Your Mother was a hamster and your Father smells of elderberries[/veil]

Quote Originally Posted by Custard
    Marshmallows for fire type mobs
    and so on...
    [:)][:)][:)]

Thread Information