Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Yet more uneeded porting?? What gives?

Default Re: Yet more uneeded porting?? What gives?

Quote Originally Posted by Deth
    T1- want to say yes. I want to say I have heard of a mine around the Per blight mountain.

T2- Not Sure.

T3- Tazoon Crater

T4- Yes -"there's a new titian (t4) crystal mine at 25040 29700 SE of mahagra that has a crystal shaper. again, it's mostly tier 1 work. details later." http://community.istaria.com/Web/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=115290

T5- Yes -"19735 23240

this incredibly inconvenient project has:

3-way
    t1 storage.
    -
    straight spiral
    bend
    t1 crystal shaper.

I seriously doubt thats a source of crimson crystals, its in parsinia. Thats probably just a T1 source of crystals
    100 Adventure/Crafter following the path of Helian

Expert Lairshaper
    Grand hall complete.

Yes sorry I found out my mistake much later.Sorry for the miss info. So T5 still does not have a mine. I do not know my Cords well in game and the Blight talk confused me that and the fact they released it after all the others, and I keep hearing (what I found out was a player lair) about a crystal shaper already on Par. So assumed this one was T5.

In my view, the difficulty/grind in making lattices lies not with the crystals but with the tricuts, particularly when it comes to the Tier IV (Titian) and Tier V (Crimson) varieties. This is because (at least on Order) there are now player made crystal shapers just a short distance away from all tiers of crystal nodes.

Tricuts, on the other hand, are a completely different story. The best (and perhaps only) place that has all three Tier IV gems near each other is the gem field north of Dralk. And it's nowhere near a gemcutter. Instead, if you want to make tricuts in the field you have to dig the nodes and drag your disk back to the Dralk crafting cave.

Even more problematic are Tier V gems. Though I've heard of a Tier V gem mine on Fire Island, I've yet to find it. And even if and when I do I suspect that it is a looooong, not to mention dangerous, trip hauling your disk to the nearest portal. Aside from this alleged mine, there are no areas I've found in Istaria with all three Tier V gem types available, much less one with a gemcutter nearby.

So what I do is dig the raw gems and fill up my silos with them, then make the tricuts at a fairly convenient player gem shop, and fill up a silo with those. Then all I have to do is fill up my disk with focused crystals (pretty easy and quick to do these days), drag my disk to my lair (which has a Tier IV crystal shaper built in it), and I'm all set to make lattices. So the change from gemcutting tables to crystal shapers doesn't adversely affect me at all--in fact, it makes making lattices a bit easier given my circumstances and the way I go about making them.
    Before you criticize anyone, walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticize him, you'll be a mile away. And you'll have his shoes.

Quote Originally Posted by Tantalyr
    Tricuts, on the other hand, are a completely different story. The best (and perhaps only) place that has all three Tier IV gems near each other is the gem field north of Dralk. And it's nowhere near a gemcutter. Instead, if you want to make tricuts in the field you have to dig the nodes and drag your disk back to the Dralk crafting cave.
    For T4 I think just south east of Kis<sp> the Fiendish City is much better. There is a Gem cutter right beside one type of spawn. Down the road is the Secound type with a gem cutter at the top of it and I think they third is in the local area also. It is not a mixed spawn but I think they are closer then the dralk spawn. It is also not to bad to drag a disk back to the city to port. I may be completely off as to the easy as I have not tried making tri cuts there but I spent a lot of time when I was working T4 gems.

Quote Originally Posted by Tantalyr
    Even more problematic are Tier V gems. Though I've heard of a Tier V gem mine on Fire Island, I've yet to find it. And even if and when I do I suspect that it is a looooong, not to mention dangerous, trip hauling your disk to the nearest portal. Aside from this alleged mine, there are no areas I've found in Istaria with all three Tier V gem types available, much less one with a gemcutter nearby.
    A new mine out on Fire Island? I assume you mean a new mine as thier is a mine already there with a gem cutter that and a bunch of there tools. That have been there a while. It is mostly Fire opals but there are some motherloads and a small spawn of the other 2. It is a little bit of a pain of craft and recall to fill up a disk but I have done it many times. Also thier is Sar, Again the spawn sites are not mixed but they are thier and there is a player gemcuter in each of the near by settlements. Would be a lot of flying back nd forth to fill a disk but very close to a portal.

Hmm, I've never spotted any opal nodes anywhere near the topaz and jade fields near Kirasanct. Were there any then I might well change my thoughts as to the most efficient method/area to make Tier IV tricuts.

My point here is efficiency. The question is by what method, and in what place, is it most efficient to work Tier IV and V tricuts, particularly when you are faced with having to make a large number of lattices.A Tier V Lair chamber, for example, requires 105 crimson lattices, or at max efficiency, a total of 210 lattices. Those require 4,200 focused crimson crystals and 4,200 flawless tricuts (again at max efficiency), or a total of 25,200 raw Tier V gems (8,400 of each type). It seems to me that we have the following options to gather the base Tier V gems and craft them into tricuts:

1) Make the tricuts in the field on Saritova Island using a disk. This would require either (a) grounding an empty disk at a convenient gem shop (the Saritova guild community would be closest to the gem fields), and then fly back and forth between three different gem fields and gathering 277 of each gem (an Ancient can hold a total of 832 gems in inventory without overburdening), back to the gemshop to craft 138 tricuts, then back out to the fields again--rinsing and repeating as necessary. A marble Tarbash disk holds 1500 tricuts, so you're looking at 11 round trips to fill it. Then, unless you're lucky enough to have a lair that's in a community that has a direct portal from the Saritova, you will then port to Bristugo to hop another portal near your lair. You also will have to interrupt your digging from time to time to deal with the annoying golems that take umbrage at your quarrying in their midst.

2) Make the tricuts in the field on Fire Island using a disk. This would offer the advantage of having the gem nodes AND a gemcutter all in one place, so you can dig raw gems and make tricuts much faster than you could flying back and forth on Saritova Island. But then comes the huge efficiency problem . . . . You're not going to drag that disk full of tricuts out of the mine, through the fiery dire wolves, through the giant fire and flame beetles, through the icy dire wolves, through the wind and tempest golems, and all the way to Morning Light (the closest portal) are you? Of course not. So you're going to attune to your lair shrine (or closest guildhall to your lair) and recall with a load of 624 tricuts to store them. But then how do you quickly get back to your disk? It's on Fire Island, and that place is exactly two weeks from anywhere, even flying. Seems to me that you'll spend far more time getting back to the mine on Fire Island than you'll ever spend digging gems and making tricuts.

3) Fill up your silos with raw gems and make the tricuts at or near your lair. Just (a) attune to your lair or nearby guildhall, (b) port to Ice Island, (c) head to the little island just to the west of the gemcutter there, (d) fill up your disk with emeralds or peridots, (e) drag the disk back to the port pad and park it, and (f) recall with a scalepack full of raw gems (837) to your lair and store them. Rinse and repeat until you have silos full of emeralds and peridots. Then head out to the Saritova fire opal field and fill your disk with those, except this time you can drag your disk back to a portal in one of the guild communities and port (1 or more times) to someplace near your lair. Once your silos are full, craft the tricuts either at your lair (if you have built a gemcutter) or a nearby player gem shop.

4) Or you could fill your disk with raw fire opals in Saritova, drag it and port to Bristugo--any racial town--Ice Island, park the disk at the gem cutter, then fly the short distance back and forth to the western island digging emeralds and peridots and crafting tricuts at the gemcutter, then recall back to your lair. At max efficiency you should be able to make a little over 1000 tricuts per diskload of fire opals you've taken to Ice Island.

It seems clear to me that, especially when you have to make LOTS of tricuts for LOTS of lattices, options 3 and 4 would be the most efficient, but I'm certainly open to (and would LOVE to hear) any other methods that would be even more efficient.
    Before you criticize anyone, walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticize him, you'll be a mile away. And you'll have his shoes.

Scree

Yes Rhyssa, it's on Chaos.
    Short flight to the T2 Crystals over near the Silver Golems too :)

Quote Originally Posted by Scree
    Yes Rhyssa, it's on Chaos.
    Short flight to the T2 Crystals over near the Silver Golems too [img]/Web/emoticons/emotion-1.gif[/img]
    Well if you're talking about the crystal field near chiconis there is a crystalshaper in the crafting cave right next to the field itself. You just have to fly up a bit.
    100 Adventure/Crafter following the path of Helian

Expert Lairshaper
    Grand hall complete.

Scree

Yeah, but that T2 might just give a little bonus (not sure, I've not made stuff I needed the bonus for on it yet) if it's needed.
    When I get optimal at T4, I'll be ripping the T2 out and putting a T4 in. Left enough room for it there. :)

Thread Information