Thread: not able to play!

Bi-wa

Default not able to play!

Ok so i install the game, fine, patch the game fine login fine but when i click play i get a message saying
    "sorry, the game could not be started since necessary files could not be downloaded.
    The reason. Couldnt download no_update_list.auc"

Now im not very technical minded so i havnt got a clue what this means, its left me and my partner and his comp whiz brother stumped! If any1 can help or offer suggestions would be much appriciated.

Im in the uk on the eu server if that makes any difference! thanks!!

imported_Zippo

Default Re: not able to play!

This is a post by Tramsan on the GN online forums, should help you out, has worked for others.

Here is a temporary fix for this problem. It only works on Windows NT/2k/XP (and 2003? Dunno.)

Open the file c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts (or where ever you have installed Windows) in Notepad.

Add this line at the end of the file:
    68.142.64.216 patch.eu.istaria.com

The space between the IP and hostname is a tab. Save it and try to patch again. Make sure the file is saved as plain text, nothing else. You should remove this when the patch server is failed.
    If it doesnt work, blame Tramsan... ;)

Bi-wa

Default Re: not able to play!

ok, that worked. it re-patched and now when i click play the game launchers and then closes just as quick? any suggestions?

Thread Information