Thread: hi, this is a total newbie question! about crafting

Darkshadow74

Default hi, this is a total newbie question! about crafting

SOrry you have to read this agian, I know you have been asked about this. I am a lvl 22 Dragon Crafter, I am looking for some tips on the best way to lvl up. I want to get to 50. what would the best way to do so. And should I wait until i am a Adult to do LS. I am going to stat RoP at 40/50.
    SO any tips you can give me I would really be greatful.

Default Re: hi, this is a total newbie question! about crafting

Go here: http://community.istaria.com/Web/PrintPost.aspx?PostID=8275

For a good explanation of this.
    Entropy isn't what it used to be...

Kirath

I am curious about the same thing, as I feel lost with little to go on, and the link in the previous post is broken. Is there somewhere else I can look?

There is this green dragon just sitting on top of the vault in Kion. Mind you, he doesn't speak to me, at least he doesn't tell me things (I'm gnome, am I) -- but I have heard from some hatchlings that he gives directions to crafter as well as adventuring quests, tells you which dragon trainers to visit in chiconis and in dralk and that kind of stuff.

I guess that the wild creatures near chiconis and dalimond and on abandoned Isle and Scorpio Isle will be just about your cup of tea (or is it your bowl of lava?).

Good hunting and crafting, winged-ones!
    snickel wigglsniff (retired) Twilight Crusaders on Unity
    poggle wigglsniff (gnomish crafter and mage) semi-retired on Order
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    A gnomish house should not just sit there, it should definitely DO something!

I'm not sure how far along you are in your questing. So the first thing to do is go look at the Skalkaar guide and New Trismus for Dragons guide and make sure you've done everything there. Presumably, as a level 22 DCRA you've done all that.

Then you can follow the link in my sig to the Dragon Quests guide and see what dragon crafting ability quests (and adventuring ability quests, lairshaping ability quests, and adventurer quests) you might like to do.

Beyond that, at your level I'd suggest skilling up on items that use only one resource to gather - particularly slate or iron scales, but not the iron-slate variety. Gather a full tarbash of bricks, then craft and auto-deconstruct the scales, always working on the scale that has the highest optimal rating that is less than your current buffed skill level.

Or gather resources for cash for someone else. When you have a goal in mind the experience seems to come quickly all on its own, and coin in pocket is never bad.

EDIT: Regarding waiting until adult to lairshape, its up to you. I've heard its easier to gather the materials if you can fly, and flying cargo disks will make it even easier, but I'm not finding it onerous as a hatchling to work on my lair.
    Last edited by Oakleif; June 13th, 2006 at 05:38 PM.
    Exploring is a necessary skill, and its not like death is fatal. At least, not for the gifted.

I've just recently done this part of crafting myself (currently 35 crafting). From 20 up to 33, I went to Mahagra and dug up as much slate as I could, turned it into bricks which I left on my disc, then when that was full, make and deconstruct Slate Strength Chest Scales. You can get a Slate Cargo Disc (2000 bulk i think) at lvl 25 crafting, or a Tarbash's Sandstone (6000 bulk but only one item, i.e. slate bricks) to help you out with this. From 33 I've moved to Iron Dexterity Chest scales (don't have the strength form for this) and will probably keep making these til 40.

And yeah, I'd wait til you're adult to LS, I just turned adult a couple days ago and its far far easier, plus if you're up to 50 craft you'll be able to carry more. I found being adult helps on t1 stuff the most when you have to make crystals... those are a real pain because the only crystal shaper on unity is a good 5 minute walk round a mountain, as an adult you can go up and over within a minute Not only that, but if your craft is higher than the materials you need, you'll be more efficient (e.g. for half the t1 materials at the moment, I'm on 2:1 efficiency because I have the III Mastery for all gathering/crafting).

Hope this helps a bit

Thread Information