Thread: Live Update - January 24, 2006

Default Live Update - January 24, 2006

The following additions, changes and fixes were applied to the Live Shards on Tuesday, January 24, 2006:

While little is known about the Festival Treants, their affinity for gift giving has overshadowed their mysterious arrival. Now that the Winter Festival is drawing to a close, people have begun to wonder what will become of their generous new friends. Not everyone is curious however, as they already know what effects this time of year have on the spirits of the Treants..... [*]Reklar's Winds of Fury is now removable and will no longer be affected by Detoxify.[*]Beginner Essence Construction Sphere added to Enchanter trainers.[*]Quest ?Dragon: Gain the power of the Draining Strike? now expects 10 Cedar or Massive Cedar Treants instead of 20.[*]Purple Necroflies should now be more social and aggressive.[*]Darsenia, a Satyr Druid, has arrived in Mahagra and is studying the emergence of Blighted Festival Treants.[*]Professor Ferdo Roonwinkle in New Rachival has begun a new line of research and now carries a set of formula for sale.[*]Added a well and a sandpile to Bristugo.[*]Added a well and a sandpile to Central Valley.[*]Septianus the Pawn Broker in Dralk has returned from his underground explorations.[*]Improved the delay mod for Static Aura to match that of Energize II. Static Aura will now overwrite Energize II.[*]Dralk Town Marshall is now offering bounties for ?Fire Ogres? and ?Lava Golems?.[*]Dralk Town Marshall is now offering a bounty for ?Small Fire Beetles?[*]Cinderfist the named Flame Ogre now counts for the quest ?Gold Rage VI?[*]Smac Smac the named Flame Pygmy now counts for the quest ?Gold Rage VI?[*]Dralk Town Marshall is now offering a bounty for ?Small Flame Beetles?[*]Technique ?Spell Covalence IV? now requires a Cobalt Golem Fragment instead of a Myloc Hat Foot. Updated description of Cobalt Golem Fragment.[*]Darkstaff Quest 'The Cursed Chain Letter' has been removed from the game since some NPCs necessary for the completion of the quest are no longer available.[*]Added display of damage type to combat feedback messages.[*]Verbose combat messages will properly show parries, blocks, and dodges. Previously these were displayed as misses.[*]The good performance and high performance graphic settings do not display items on remote characters. The default has been changed so that only high performance has this feature disabled (the default setting for new installs). Customers currently running with their settings on good performance will now be able to see items on remote characters.[/list]
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Default Re: Live Update - January 24, 2006

Added display of damage type to combat feedback messages.

Yea Thank you. I assume and hope this means that tech bonus damage will now be named so no more guessing with my slash tech goes off or the crystals proc.

Oh wow... I think that means we may well finally see an upswing on Ward/resist teched gear! :O Just that one thing makes my week :)

-HratLi

HratLi SnowPelt : From Bounty to Chaos : Eyes of Istaria
    MultiCrafter, Spirit Disciple, Walking Bleed Attack.
    HratLi's Bucket of Fury : A Saris in cargo gear appears and beats on your foe.
    Damage :
    50-150 Attack Type: Bucket Duration: Until Dispelled Frequency: 0:02

Quote Originally Posted by Amon Gwareth
    [*]Added display of damage type to combat feedback messages.[*]Verbose combat messages will properly show parries, blocks, and dodges. Previously these were displayed as misses.[/list]
    Wow, great news! Have been waiting for this a long time. Armorers and Jewelers are likely to be real busy for awhile, once we figure out what our favorite mobs have been hitting us with. Up till now, Wards and Resistances have been mostly a guessing game... but now we'll know.

Thanks for adding this, Tulga! Hope it works well, and goes without a hitch.

Can't wait to log in....

100 Reaver, Druid, Spiritist, Mage, 96 Healer, 98 Shaman, 67 Ranger, 40 Conjurer, 30 Monk, and 20 Scout & Cleric. Grandmaster Crafter, Chaos.

Tahrl

I'm also glad to see damage types reported, but this made me laugh...

Fire Opal Golem hit you with Golem Crush X for 200 slash damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Tahrl

send a ticket on that, or post in Bugs forum. Sounds like
    a data entry error...
    Got Cowbell?

Colbalt

I am confussed. alive maintanece isn't down for 6-8 hours.. any one know why we are down today? Wednesday the 25?

Colbalt

Never mind up now.

Quote Originally Posted by Helcat
    [img]/Web/Themes/default/images/icon-quote.gif[/img]Tahrl wrote: I'm also glad to see damage types reported, but this made me laugh...

send a ticket on that, or post in Bugs forum. Sounds like
    a data entry error...
    No not really the gem golems do slash damage as they have sharp edges and if I take a pair of gauntlet with blades attached to it and do a over head bash (crush) with both fist it is going to slash you to ribbons. But thats just my thought.

A Data entry error might be the fact that a Dragons Tail whip does slash damage but then again maybe our tails are like shark skin and cuts when rubbed the wrong way or the fins on the end, (do we have tail fins or spikes? I can not remember now LOL).

But thats just my thoughts on it, I could be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Tahrl

I've made a forum for reporting incorrectdamage types:

http://community.istaria.com/Web/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=118800

Where can one expect to find these blighted festive treants?

I would venture to say that you can find your blighted festival treants almost anywhere... not limited to racial cities and Bristugo anymore... Tonight, at least on Chaos they made appearances in also Sakon and in the upper yew field on Saritova. That said, ymmv.

25 months waiting for expert CNF forms. Tired of the intentional deceptions and being kicked in the junk.

ADV: Centenarian Nature Walker; Rating: 162
    Craft: 1900 levels; Craft Rating: 234
    DRGN: Lunus, Adult, 100 DRAG, 100 DCRA, 100 DLSH, Expert Lairshaper (Chaos-04)

No, try not! Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda

If the enemy presents an opportunity, take advantage of it - Sun Tzu

Having problems with my right to speak? Report me or click here *Ignore Seranthor*

Quote Originally Posted by Kumu Honua
    Are the blighted treants really supposed to be this few in number and this long in respawn?

I was able to kill 2 of them before the swarm of high level players obliterated all of the ones we found. Since then I have not seen any respawn...
    Were those part of the WM event, or a spawn somewhere?

Guildies and I cleaned out 3 spawns of them on Ice Island today, or at least we thought we did until the helpful people in mp assured me there are no spawns anywhere. Once dead they didn't respawn though, so they were either left over from the event or on a long timer.
    Guildmaster of The Alliance
    http://The-Alliance.cjb.net

´Hm, if they WM spawned i dont think we will see them very often on unity....
    Kharuum / Caramia Unity
    Whenever an Optimist sees a ligth which isnt really there, there allways is an pesimist who blows it out.
    Giovanni Guareschi

can live with this non-existing support from GN

i can live with no communication from GN with their customers

BUT i CANT live with the fact that major parts of the game dont exist for us poor Uniter

Please Tulga dont add features which need to be activated by an WM (we dont have any, so we wont see this ingame)

such things makes me crazy :(

Just realised this still said Ice....oopsie

Quote Originally Posted by Vlisson
    can live with this non-existing support from GN

i can live with no communication from GN with their customers

BUT i CANT live with the fact that major parts of the game dont exist for us poor Uniter

Please Tulga dont add features which need to be activated by an WM (we dont have any, so we wont see this ingame)

such things makes me crazy [img]/Web/emoticons/emotion-6.gif[/img]
    The argument against this is why should NA shards miss out on random spawns (which are often more fun) because GN cant be bothered? Something gets lost either way.
    Give Unity the support it deserves!

ok thats true

bad that we are on unity no real server, only an unsupported version of HZ

Thread Information