Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Do you remember when...

Default Do you remember when...

(sorry...bored at work today...[;)]

...you arrived at New Trismus and wandered out into the zombie/maggot field for the first time?

...how creepy the zombies looked?

...how many times that zombie with 1 hp left won the battle and you woke up in town?

...you wandered under that first rock over cropping into the lvl 4 maggots.

...you were level 7 and still hadn't received any loot off any of the mobs because you didn't know to right-click and choose "loot corpse" or to double click on the corpse? Oh...no...you probably don't remember that because that was me [;)]

...you wandered up to that stone ring the first time and got jumped by a mass of skeletons and woke up back in town?

...you and a (you thought) pretty strong group wandered up to that stone ring the first time and got jumped by a mass of skeletons and woke up back in town? [;)]

...going back to that stone ring much much later in your "life" and gathering as many of those skeleton's as you could at once and absolutely obliterating them? Oh...wait...that was me again. [;)] Paybacks are...well...you know...

...wondering why this empty tent was standing in the middle of a very small blight patch...and suddenly waking up in town.

...wandering into that big blight area on the training island the first time and getting really creeped out...just before dying and waking up in town?

...wandering into that big blight area on the training island with a (you thought) pretty strong group...pulling one skeleton and getting 4...and waking up in town?

...graduating from the training isle and moving to Lesser Aradoth?

...mining iron and getting jumped by the huntress?

...going back to that iron mining area much much later in your "life" and waiting to jump the huntress...several times? Oh...heh..nevermind..that was me again...I hated that spider....and I use hate in the most fondest terms possible [;)]

...what a nice area that (hmm..was it TII?) iron smelter/forge area was...I still miss that.

...casting a heal on someone you didn't know...just because you could...and they needed it.

...the person actually thanking you for it!! And they still do!

...trying to pull the train off of someone that just ran by you...and waking up back in town...noble...but stupid [:|]

...standing out in the fields West of Augh hunting red spiders...slowly creeping up over a rise...just in time to have something really big pop up on the other side...and about having a panic attack before recognizing it was a dragon. [8-)]

...dying from the train the dragon that popped up over the ridge had chugging along behind it because you were still trying to calm down and reduce your heart rate from the initial fright the dragon gave you and didn't notice the train till...well...it was time to wake up in town. [:$]

...the sheer joy of wandering into someplace you've never been and waiting to see what was there...

...testing yourself against the morrows the first time and waking up..well..you know..

...going back 5 levels later and trying again.

...finally killing one solo?? Sheer jubilation!

...wandering into the Kroger's parking lot one day and seeing a pickup truck full of tools and ladders with signs on it stating "The Morrow Construction Company" and imagining that truck sitting out in the blight somewhere while the guys were happily singing "The foot bones connected to the leg bone...the..." while they worked. Ok...um...nevermind...that was me again...[:D]

There's more...but that's enough for now. Thanks Tulga for...hmm...29 months of enjoyment...looking forward to many more.
    Drasdil Redin
    100 Paladin
    Order Shard

Default Re: Do you remember when...

I remember many of these things as if was yesterday.

Oh... wait ... it was [8-|]

Funny post enjoyed it.

*chuckles*...

...when you first discovered we had chat rooms, and there was one just for Dragons! (hey it took me like 3 weeks to discover there was chat...very quiet 3 weeks...)

...the sandstone and iron piles, along with the gems, on the lower Chiconis craft cave where literally dozens of hatchlings spent all their time grinding out that craft (and at one point, hoarding gems...heh)..

...the first time you fell off that craft area in Chiconis and landed in that undead fortress area (or maybe just me) and froze in panic...

...when waves of the WA took out several player towns, including Harro, for days and the residents couldn't return as the portal was overun... (now that was dynamic...)

...played the hatchling continuous-jump game for 3 hours straight (in that same Chiconis craft cave...) (or otherwise known as Wac-a-Hatchling)

...wandered into a blighted area for the first time with your speakers turned up until you hear that first wave of thunder and practically pee yourself from beign startled silly...

...staying up till 7 am on a Saturday morning to see Kumu be the first Adult Ascension on Dawn...

all I can think of right now :)...

...walking into a blight spot for the first time, seeing the healthbar drop and thinking "oh no, the ground is poison!".
    Turns out I was being shot to pieces by archers and I didnt see the arrows.[:$]

...building the satyr caves and the big monsters came and wreaked havoc. Panic and lag 4tw [:D]

...applying the last resources on the first satyrcave. ~100 players in such a small space and half of them saying "who just grabbed my behind?"
    In the void.
    Unity: 100/100 Lunus

Fond memories . . .

Playing DodgeWolf among the oak trees that used to be south of Morning Light.

Porting into Morning Light and staring the Avatar of Pain in the face just before he put my lights out.

Slaying the bronze and sand golems right outside New Rachival--and just about every one of them dropped a beginner form or tech.

Wreaking revenge over and over and over again on Fang the boss Werewolf.
    Before you criticize anyone, walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticize him, you'll be a mile away. And you'll have his shoes.

Following a serious player in beta up to the golem area near Kion for the first time; the golems were huge!

Casting Cloak of Thorns I on the young warriors struggling with the spiders at the Lower Kion IronWorks. (I miss it too. )

Seeing the fyakki charmer there for the first time.

Exploring the nice little gem area (miss that too) on the way to the LKIW, and getting jumped by the first huntress I'd seen.

Skeleton hill on the way out of Kion.

Looking over the North ridge at the New Trismus bronze works and seeing the blighted cemetery just below.

Seeing the standing blight lightning back in the NT cemetery area.

A group of us (oh, such a strong group) at the entrance of Crankenspank's tomb; and the puller would hit big brother instead of ayounger zombie; RUN!

The wonder of seeing my first mylocswhen we were attacked as we started work on the firstsatyr mine.

A group of us, working on the undead dwarves near the werewolves outside Aughundell; our highest level dedicated warrior pulling them, oneat a time;;;; TWO! RUN!

____Kulamata Quality Armor___
    None Genuine without this Pawprint `',''

Achiever 86%, Explorer 60%, Socializer 46%, Killer 6%.

2 Words... Spider Huntress. that thing would chase me for what seemed forever when I would be in the sandstone near Kion.
    60% Achiever
    46% Socializer
    46% Explorer
    46% Killer
    Redo the loot tables and bring on the undead hordes! (*Hands Nimk a Beer)

.... getting blasted by a golem keeper, and sprinting off the edge of the cliff for your life, only to run into spider huntresses and fyakki charmers

(dryness face)
    In the void.
    Unity: 100/100 Lunus

Ahhhhh the good old days when I was a newbie in New Vassarak 2 years ago. There was so much to do and I couldn't decide what to do! I would spend hours at the small zombie camp not far out of town. But I will always remember my first combat, which was in Scout School with a training bow against a maggot, and the combat music coming on. Whenever I hear the HZ combat music I always remember that first battle between a saris with a bow, and a maggot. I remember the spider huntress too, and how glad I was the day I could finally give her some punishment back from all that time spent in the sandstone and copper fields...

But that wasn't the hook that got me. It was the theme music that played in Saris Character creation. It haunted me in my sleep.

Oh... and in two years I never ever learned what the heck Dryness Face meant. ^.^
    TIGRIS EUPHRATES and TEKKA RUNECLAW. Istarian Veteran, The Original Order Shard Herald, Herald of the Spirit Shard. Storm Disciple, Flame Disciple, Spirit Disciple, Ice Disciple, Monk, Ranger, Healer, Druid, Spiritist. Grand Master Biped Crafter.

(dryness face) that says it all
    Brazius of the Five awaiting the Feast

Acul, Trandalar and Tagath's in Mala, Genevia Island

...you heard your first call to arms in the channels you were in asking people to go to some strange place (Harro) that you'd not heard of before and you asked everyone how to get there to help?

...you made the run to Harro from Aughunell and nearly get there and find the little gully the road goes through only to run into the electric werewolf headfirst?

...you found out you could indeed drown AFTER you recalled?

...you got your very first plot that was in the middle of nowhere and no one knew where you were building?

...you thought you'd join a city fight (Harro, Dalimond, Morning Light, etc.) and instead happened to be the first low-level there and everyone else is already napping?
    C`gan Weyrsinger, blue Tagath's rider, WorldProjects Team Lead Emeritus
    Tagath, blue Lunus "for the breath weapon"
    Located in sunny Acul on Trandalar, Order shard

You attacked a cursed wolf, only to find out it was adark stalker.....

You attacked your first marrow, only to find out you couldn't hurt it......

You saw the big spiral tower outside of dalimond, and couldn't wait to climb it, while wondering if the thing was gonna crash....

Jumping out from the highest tower you could find.....

Saw the shadow dragon for the first time....

You ported to morningligth at the exact time when a Avartar of Pain where walking by the telepad....

zymosis ;).....

Andwhen you finnally avenged yourself on the Avartar of pain(sniff I really miss that guy[:'(])....

Uroloki Chaos (Unity)(ice)

...Discovering a Satyr mine (the one near Kirasanct I think) and being terrified by this jack-in-the-box skeleton thing some strange new critter put on my back...and wondering if it would ever come off! [:O]

...I'm reinfected? Again?? Dang NPC's...Hmmm, is it time to go drown myself again rather than deal with this? [:S]

...the overwhelming sense of community as the first bridgesand world structures popped into existence.
    Foxfire Godspell, Ice Queen of Istaria, Dark Defenders
    Manta Guild Community @ Collinswood
    Knoc/Conj, Mastercraftswoman -and-
    Ravagice, Horde Fueled WunderWyrm

... harvesting 2000 resources and running back to the machine hoping you get there before the resource server lag monster got you

... There were no named mobs except "Avatar of Pain" and "Dark Stalker"

... chain rezzing while walking under water got you in trouble

... there were NO road bonuses

... There WAS NO auto deconstruct option on the crafting panel

... The log-in screen actually said "Heavy" or "full"
    Justa Mirage: Ranger 100 / Healer 92 / Carpentry 100 / Confectioner 100 / Fletching 92 / Weaver 62 / Gatherer 34
    Flatspin: Ancient Lunus Dragon 100 / Craft 100 / Lairshaping 100

Quote Originally Posted by Justa Mirage
    ... harvesting 2000 resources and running back to the machine hoping you get there before the resource server lag monster got you
    Hahaha... Every morning at almost 3AM I remember the DB Lag for backups and garbage collection! My wife and I would have competitions collecting resources and a game of chicken to see who would come back with the MOST.
    -HratLi

HratLi SnowPelt : From Bounty to Chaos : Eyes of Istaria
    MultiCrafter, Spirit Disciple, Walking Bleed Attack.
    HratLi's Bucket of Fury : A Saris in cargo gear appears and beats on your foe.
    Damage :
    50-150 Attack Type: Bucket Duration: Until Dispelled Frequency: 0:02

...You could load an infinite amount of bulk on someone as long as they were not at their max load? Who needed CDs when you couldtoss 40k worth of construction supplies 50m at a time from person to person?

...Hearing shouts of "Keeper low and aggro!" - and then looking at the sky...

...places like Maggot Hill, Golem Alley, the Wolf Circle, and Stormcaller Lane were called that for a reason?

...you killed meatblights to get to get their claws, and not for the cash to buy them?
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos
    "Death is fleeting. Pride is forever."

"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."-- Abraham Lincoln

.....meeting Dark Stalker the 1st time, while looking for T3 gems as lvl 40 ADV and he approaches those 30m within a second because of lag

.....killing Meatblights not for their Claws, but for the blighted glowing essence

.....the Golems dropped Metal Bars and Stone Bricks

.....you used the T1 Golem highway just outside Dralk to gather up beginner forms

.....you get mages maddening trick by the golem keeper at Kion Iron and waiting and waiting because he was unable to hit you after that

.....you found out about how to use active abilitys, just before finishing lvl 10 and finding out that you can just drag and drop them on the hotkey bar loooooong time after (maybe just me)

.....countless Adventurers were waiting in Dalimont for a big attack, not beliving that the lil attack of the Werewolfes was all of it

Joaqim - Multiclassed God on Unity
    "I'm Immortal, I'm Glorious, I'm Supreme, I'm My Saviour"

Beleenda - Goddess of Melee
    "Kill 'em all, let God sort them out"

[quote user="Justa Mirage]
    ... chain rezzing while walking under water got you in trouble
    [/quote]

OMG I had forgot all about that ! Wow what a tempest that spawned !

...killing the named arbotus (can't remember his name) east of Aug for the first time. [:D]

...hoarding gems to keep up with hoard decay. [:(]

...getting jumped by the spider huntress, AOP, or Dark Stalker while gathering. I hated the them back then, but I miss them now (they kept you awake while gathering). [:(]

Drulgar - Adult Helian Dragon - 92 Adventurer - 96 Crafter - 14 Lairshaper - 5 million hoard
    Graldur - Dwarf - 70 Spiritist - 46 Healer - 30 Mage - 100 Carpenter - 100 Fletcher - 72 Gatherer

Thread Information