Thread: Holding it's own

Nordico

Default Holding it's own

I been reading here alot and I see a few discussions about singleclassed toons should hold on their own in battle. But no one has pointed out that this should only be the case for Prestige School toons. Ie a Monk should not be able to do it but a Disciple (Prestige School) which is a evolved Monk should. In my view going to a higer School line is not multiclassing.

Default Re: Holding it's own

In strict technical terms a single classed character is one that has only a single class.

Say you take Scout/druid and go ranger. Unless you drop both scout and druid after going ranger, you now have 3 classes. This by every definition is multiclassed.

A single classed cleric, druid, spiritist, ( all base classes ) should indeed be able to hold their own. Even though they can't level as quickly as some classes, the natural healing these classes have will allow them to continue to survive well to 100.

No, they won't be able to do what a MC player can, but then that's why folks multiclass.

Can a player make it to 100 without ANY natural heals? Yes they can, but down time will be longer between fights, depending on the class in question, and it will be some time before they reach 100.

I started as a Scout. I discovered around lvl 20 or so, that I could not survive without some form of heals. So, I took cleric. Stayed that way till my 50's and took mage to 36. Without multiclassing, Scout would have been such a challenge, that it would have been too frustrating to continue. A little healing goes a LONG way in keeping your play time fun.

If anyone desires to be strictly single classed, great. However, besides personal accomplisment, there is little reason to struggle so.
    As a new dawn rises over Istaria, may we all band together to meet the challenges!

Continuing Development of Horizons... SWEET!

Default Re: Holding it's own

I agree with Aamer on pretty much everything he has stated... I would also like to add my tale that I was working on Warrior single classed until I hit about lvl 50 and someone suggested that I would perhaps be able to have a bit less downtime if I were to pick up a few lvls of cleric for some healing. I have since found those few lvls of cleric to be completely invauluable to a soloing warrior. There are a few base classes that arereletively easy to solo to lvl 100. All of which have some sort of healing abilities naturally inherint in them.

Im not saying that you "have" to be multiclassed to be able to lvl to 100, nor to have fun doing it. I personally was just tired of haveing a fist to cuffs fight with a mob below my lvl and dying because of a mere few hp's that I couldn't knock offa the mob first. So I multiclassed a little so that I could improve my chances of winning a bout without killing myself in the process.
    Elated that HZ is no longer in the hands of the Infidels.

Now.. I may have to split my time between 2 games... CS:S and HZ...

Thread Information