Thread: mahagra treants giving 4 presents for ONE ornament on unity?

Default mahagra treants giving 4 presents for ONE ornament on unity?

currently i handed in 34 orange ornaments, got 283 presents and some cash.

this cant be right surely, it will ruin the economy

many many players have the same issue. between all characters in our guild, we ended up with 1000+ large presents... ridiculous!!

rollback please!
    Arietna Winterfire, Brand New ADULT!! Purple Dragon, CHAOS shard, DIVINE RETRIBUTION Guild

Ariadne Dreamweaver - ex of Unity Shard
    Tailor 67, Weaver 72, Carpenter 85,
    oh, and Spirit Disciple 57 , Paladin 34

Default Re: mahagra treants giving 4 presents for ONE ornament on unity?

Rollback indeed.

Fluse

erst wie die doofen geschenke holen obwohl man weiss das es buggy ist und dann nach rollback schreien. Wann werden endlich leute gekickt und gebannt die klar ersichtliche dinge ausnutzen. warum muss ich selber noch geschenke holen wenn andere sagen das ist buggy. Nein, alle ehrlichen, die ein tag wie ein doofen gebuddelt haben werden mit bestraft. Mich kotz es langsam an, das man jedesmal für andere bestraft wird.

Und Acounts nach solchen aktionen kündigen tun meist nicht die Cheater, sondern die, die sich verkaspert fühlen.

Fluse

the npcs are removed last night out of mahagra and no rollback

Lol, thats really a good joke.:-) Now all have done well who got a few thousand presents on a bug. All others are hit in the face[N]
    Kharuum / Caramia Unity
    Whenever an Optimist sees a ligth which isnt really there, there allways is an pesimist who blows it out.
    Giovanni Guareschi

I would be very very disappointed if they did not roll the shards back.
    The situation yesterday evening was crazy.
    More and more people got to know of the bug and it was even openly discussed in Market.
    Since the bug was ridiculously immense a lot of people instantly guessed there would be a roll-back, because if there would be none, the impact was too big.
    SO after everyone let off their anger that their ADV, Laircrafting, level and else efforts would be rolled back anyway the vent was open for everyone to farm presents like mad.
    To make the bug a bit clearer:
    1 Large Purple Present for example would only cost 65cc... If you had 27 Purple Ornaments (like I did) you would have ended up with around 32s (!) which would be ~49 Large Presents.
    Now since 49 presents only end up 31s I still had some left. The uberbuggy part now was, that when you dragged MORE presents onto the trade the summed up amount decreased. Ending up in 472 Large Presents for a price of 1s 230cc something.
    I hope you can get the point.
    If I had 100 ornaments I might haven ended up with an amount of 1000+ presents.
    Well, true, everyone could have just stopped getting presents, logging off and waiting for GN to rollback, or patch or anything but this would mean you have to trust all other players that they do not exploit the bug.
    So --- a rollback, even if it meant losing all work since patch, would have been the only thinkable solution... or GN starts tracking all the stuff that appeared from the presents and takes/deletes them from the chars afterwards.
    Maybe they will just do this and I am fine by that.
    If... and only if... there will be nothing happening except the removal of the treeants it will have a huge impact on the game.
    Just imaging people with 1000+ presents will have received 3000 items of usable quality.
    Meaning: techs, components, novian resourves, dye kits and crystals.

Just a side note, tho... a lot of people used the bug to finally see some of the shoulderpets which were so incredibly rare, that they had at least one chance to see them live.
    and even with such a large amount of presents the droprate was ridiculously low.
    Something around 0.2% chance.
    Seeing that around 2000+ presents were opened during the time I observed market chat there were only 3 spiders, 2 maggots and 2 moobasas....
    Which is really low.
    However... the people who took part in the presents hysteria are by no means evil guys but long term players who - in total belief of a rollback - did this for fun.
    -- || knoccest of the tailors. period.

That's what I was thinking too. Just a bit of crazy fun before rollback, no way to seriously cheat or abuse. It will be awfull if no rollback takes place - as it now seems the case.[:^)]
    She heard Nanny say: 'Beats me why they're always putting invisible runes on their doors. I mean, you pays some wizard to put invisible runes on your door, and how do you know you've got value for money?'
    She heard Granny say: 'No problem there. If you can't see 'em, you know you've got proper invisible runes.'

Growl

We also expected a rollback, and in anticipation of this decided to open a support case and thenuse up our remaining ornaments in an orgy of present opening! Several of us ended up overburdened with T5 techs, crystals, resources...and that was starting from empty!!!.

Had GN performed a rollback this morning, I don't think their would have been too many complaints...from the conversations in Market everyone fully expected it.

The longer it is left before a rollback is implemented, then the more wide reaching it's effects will be and the more disgruntled the playerbase will be.

If no rollback occurs or the extra items are not removed by some other method then the goals, rewards and economy of the game will be dealt a severe blow.

Regards

Elspeth

www.divine-retribution.co.uk

hmm, only hope is to beliefe in fair play and that most players delete the most things they have found in the presents.:-/
    Kharuum / Caramia Unity
    Whenever an Optimist sees a ligth which isnt really there, there allways is an pesimist who blows it out.
    Giovanni Guareschi

If only 7 shoulderpets came from all that, how serious of a blow to the economy can that really be?

It's not like theres a big market for t5 forms or techs.

Growl

There's not much of a market for anything, but forms, techs, resources and xtals do sell on the connies....what little enterprise there was has now been killed stone dead.

Oh btw, know of a few more (at least 3) shoulder pets that weren't reported on market.

Regards

Elspeth

Multiple plots.....Mutliple presents.....

You guys have it made!

Jayne :)

Matecuss

Almost...........just waiting for multiple events [:P]

Quote Originally Posted by Jayne
    Multiple plots.....Mutliple presents.....

You guys have it made!

Jayne [img]/Web/emoticons/emotion-1.gif[/img]
    multi plots is sorted out now..

as for "having it made", we don't get to see the blighted treants as they have to be spawned by a WM.. and guess what, Unity doesnt have an active one..
    Arietna Winterfire, Brand New ADULT!! Purple Dragon, CHAOS shard, DIVINE RETRIBUTION Guild

Ariadne Dreamweaver - ex of Unity Shard
    Tailor 67, Weaver 72, Carpenter 85,
    oh, and Spirit Disciple 57 , Paladin 34

Thread Information