Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can someone help!

Alexorium

Default Can someone help!

I am trying to log into the game today, yet it will not give me a log in option. My characters names are not appearing, and i dont know what to do. Has this happened to anyone before? Please i need help.

Conan the Mad

Default Re: Can someone help!

[li]Both shards are fragged. I'm surprised you got in at all. Everyone else cann't get past the RCI screen.

Stuck @ RCI here too, after world cache delete.[:@]

yep can't get logged in or past the EULA for the most part and when I do it takes a long long long time then seem to get hung up in RCI

It happens on the weekends, no one there to fix it.
    Aegis BlightMaker, Gnome of the First Order

visiting times vari

Conan the Mad

[st] You know I like this game, but they seem to be doing everything they can to drive away their clientile. I dumped E&B after 1 mon. of this. But this is a much better game and I have seen the attemps to create a better environment, but I did not join or like paying my money to be a 'Beta Tester'.

Sad but true. [:'(]
    Aegis BlightMaker, Gnome of the First Order

visiting times vari

Quote Originally Posted by Conan the Mad
    [img]/Web//emoticons/emotion-37.gif[/img] You know I like this game, but they seem to be doing everything they can to drive away their clientile. I dumped E&B after 1 mon. of this. But this is a much better game and I have seen the attemps to create a better environment, but I did not join or like paying my money to be a 'Beta Tester'.
    Surely you can find a real life activity while you wait .. go ride a bike, go for a walk .... or even get some sleep. You dont seem to have the patience for the difficulties experienced in online gaming. ... clearly this game is not suitable for you. I recommend you go buy a GameCube and Zelda.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    Garden Gnome - Order
    Impure Mage lvl 52 / Enchanter 45 / Spellcrafter 42 / Mason 23
    ( Last of the Forgotten )
    (99.6% html free signature)
    Nicolas de Chamfort : "Swallow a toad in the morning and you will encounter nothing more disgusting the rest of the day."

Conan the Mad

[N] Mr. Mag I think before you make unwarranted statements, you should be sure of your facts. I have been playing RPG's since 1983. I started playing them on a old Commodore 64 machine. OOPs, I'm sorry that was before your time.
    I was playing them when, for each game you had to program your computer just to play that specific game and in many cases rewrite much of the the game programing just for the game to work.
    I seriously doubt you even know how to build a computeror the write a program for it. I have built over 100 of them through the years for myself and others. I feel I have the right make the statements I do, because I not only "Talk the talk', but I can also 'Walk the Walk'.

Eeyno

Ha! you've only been playing since 1983. Then I have you beat. I used to play Tunnels of Doom on the Texas Instruments machine that came out long before the C-64.

ooh. now why did I have to go and let folks know what an old gammer I am.

Conan the Mad

[:(] Unforunately for me, Uncle Sam needed me and didn't give me alot of choice as to if I wanted to go or not. So I got a late start.
    My 1st computer was a Timex 1000, which worked on a 30 min cassette tape.

teh old Commodore PET 16 at scool got me started programming games in Basic.
    Soon I was the proud owner of a Commodore 64 (waited for that one after the Vic 20) with the casette recorder. Soon I broke my piggie again for a honest to god 51/4 floppy drive!! Then I got Ultima III and I was hooked for life.
    Anyone still know how to buil in speed-dos or Dolphin-dos?

then followed:
    Commodore Amiga 500 - learned "C" and discovered the world of the linker and compiler
    Commodore Amiga 2000
    Commodore Amiga 3000 - Made some shareware program to convert 3D objects
    PC Celeron 300
    PC P4 3 GHz
    PC AMD 64

heh heh

And YES Horizons is still in BETA!

Rhialto,
    100CHSW/100WIZ/100CON/100CLRC
    The Iron Watch
    Ice Server

Eeyno

[img]/Web//emoticons/emotion-6.gif[/img] Unforunately for me, Uncle Sam needed me and didn't give me alot of choice as to if I wanted to go or not. So I got a late start.
    My 1st computer was a Timex 1000, which worked on a 30 min cassette tape.
    Well I didn't own that machine it was a friends of mine. My dad bought me a Timex Sinclair which didn't have squat on it.

The Tunnels of Doom game also came on a cassette. It had two different games on it and we had to fast forward the cassette to a certain point on the meter then press play to load the game.

Clare

[img]/Web//emoticons/emotion-37.gif[/img] You know I like this game, but they seem to be doing everything they can to drive away their clientile. I dumped E&B after 1 mon. of this. But this is a much better game and I have seen the attemps to create a better environment, but I did not join or like paying my money to be a 'Beta Tester'.
    Yep, still in Beta...but these long waits for reboots didn't happen during the "Beta" phase (at least as far as I remember, it has been a year or so....)[:$]

Conan the Mad

[B] And here all this time I thought I was alone. [B] To All the OLD GAMERSout there. [:D]

Eeyno

[img]/Web//emoticons/emotion-22.gif[/img] And here all this time I thought I was alone. [img]/Web//emoticons/emotion-22.gif[/img] To All the OLD GAMERSout there. [img]/Web//emoticons/emotion-2.gif[/img]
    [B] Here here [B]

ROFL i still have my tandy 1000 in the basement.. the only game i can ever remember even being able to play was that ninja turtles game, and the oooollllddddd classic gauntlet game[:P]

[img]/Web//emoticons/emotion-45.gif[/img] Mr. Mag I think before you make unwarranted statements, you should be sure of your facts.

fact ... your comment is as I quoted ... you were "unwarranted" in your assertion that AE was "doing everything they can to drive away their clientile" ... they might be making mistakes, they might be resource limited but your comment is without basis other than your opinion.

I am interested to hear of your long years of gaming experience ... my own is similar, I am therefore even more surprised to see the quality of the post I originally responded to.

Hz is dynamic - I expect problems .... I have not experienced any game that did not have problems ... ever... it is the nature of the non-standard build of the PC computer, the operating system (thanks Bill !!) .... sorry that was the point behind getting a gaming console ... its standard equipment - every console sold is the same ... and predictable for the software developers .... and Zelda is a great game (according to my kids) .... it doesnt need a "server" ...

maybe I'm getting old and .... well you can add the rest as you see fit.

btw . my first"computer" game was on a no-screen computer that had a 160 column printer as its output. Input wasby keyboard or ticker-tape ... tear or damage the tape, your whole sorted program was stuffed !The computer had no permanent storage other than producing the ticker-tape for reloading a program at a later stage.

GUESS what year this was ?!and guess what game I wrote the program for [H]
    Garden Gnome - Order
    Impure Mage lvl 52 / Enchanter 45 / Spellcrafter 42 / Mason 23
    ( Last of the Forgotten )
    (99.6% html free signature)
    Nicolas de Chamfort : "Swallow a toad in the morning and you will encounter nothing more disgusting the rest of the day."

had to have been when the 'ticker' was in concept in 1975+

Conan the Mad

Mag;

As I felt your statements were "unwarranted" about getting a life. I just returned from a 6 week vacation in the High Sierra's. Much of that time was spent so deep in the back country you didn't find old cigarette butts orbeer cans. I got back there on foot carrying a 65 lb backpack. I'm 60 years old by the way. Also there are no TV's, radios or computers back there.
    I feel from your comments that mostly you like to make statements just to see what fall out you will get.Stirring the pot in other words.
    I'm a retired business man, I wish you had been one of my customers and when I installed aheater or some plumbing for you. I could tell you when you had problems,"Don't worry it's still in the development stage". I wonder if you would be so forgiving.
    Unforunately business doesn't work like that. People want what they pay their money for. I gave them that and that's why I sent 2 kids through college, paid off my home, rental propertiesand retired at the age of 58.
    I like this game as I said, but based on the actions taken so far by the HZ staff, I still stick by my original statement. "They seem to be doing everything they can to drive away their clientile". Might not be their intention, but that's unfortunately what many are thinking.

Thread Information