Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Yew Dragon Shoulder Treant

Default Re: Yew Dragon Shoulder Treant

yes its really frustrating to see this nice event and cant participate at all

but not because of a bug or something i could understand

no its only because of GN (a freaky company who dooms HZ in europe)

That obvious by looking at the details of the yew treant. NO lvl reqs.
    As a new dawn rises over Istaria, may we all band together to meet the challenges!

Continuing Development of Horizons... SWEET!

Was today so happy about that i got all 6 green parts that i went with my alt, it was a biped acciently to the npc and recieved a elm treeant, but only biped usable. Well i want to bite myself now my own head of for being such enthusiastic ... maybe devs could change the requirements that the buddy is Drag/biped usable all time, not only by one race.. [st]

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

They are actually separate items in the database so I'm afraid it cannot be done the way you want.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

I think the Dragon one should changed to utilize the Wing slot. makes more sense, and paves to way for showing off 2 shoulder buddies in the future when they add more of them that dragons can use.

I'd just like to say thanks TG for putting in the random spawns - I think they're a great idea. Some may be in totally out of the way places but not all. Guildies found 3 spawns on Ice Island a few hours after an event and another guildie found a spawn of them on an ice lake on top of Scorpion Mountain 3 days after an event.

At least it gives those of us who aren't online for the events a chance at collecting the needed body parts. In neither of the instances above were the guildies searching for treants - they just happened to come across them.

It's a combination of luck and effort as to whether you find any - but the more effort you put in the better the chance you'll get lucky.

When the event first started I admit I was annoyed (really annoyed - I figured I had no hope of doing the quest because I'm often not on for WM spawned events). I was actually going to suggest placing random spawns around Istaria - which is the very thing they did.

Like Amadan said, it avoids camping, like Aamer said it adds a real 'quest' element.
    It gives everyone a chance at completing the quest.

One happy player [:D]
    Guildmaster of The Alliance
    http://The-Alliance.cjb.net

I'm glad you like it. So far i have found nil to none. And the very few I have found are the wrong teir. For me personally, I don't think there is enough spawned. That is just my viewpoint.

Jayne

For days on end I've had to scour Istaria to find the trees that I've found. When I do find some, I can go thru an entire spawn (approximately 8) and get all Ornaments.

So theres more difficulty than just finding them, the drop rate seems to be about 1 in 10.

Be better if every tree dropped a part.

2 or 3 spawns that took hours to locate, only to find 3 parts ( need 6 parts, and the correct ones atthat) and ornaments.

Keep them WM spawned if you must, but please add more parts to them.

yes would be nice if the dragon treant would be useable at 2 slots

wing or back or so

Ive run accross the ents in the strangest places.

Ive seen a town raid with dozens [lagged and died]

Ive seen them on New Tristmass.

Ive seen them near Kion.

There everywhere ! LOL

Littlecritter

Well, I have the same gripethe spawnsare not spread out enough throughout the day. And I have spent over 60 hours wandering EVERYWHERE over the map and have only found 2 to this day. From all I have heard to date all the town raids/spawns were at about the same time. Clearly this is not equal for everyone that plays this game, we all do pay the same amount each month. I am not gonna over gripe about this but considering it is a quest advertised on the login screen it should be orchestrated fairly for everyone. The availability is skewed in the favor of some versus others.

I agree. The only treants I have seen were on the first day of the event. Nearly every day since, the first thing I do when I log on is roam various areas people have mentioned seeing them, in the hopes that there are some left.
    Lumineux Talar

Quote Originally Posted by Lumineux
    I agree. The only treants I have seen were on the first day of the event. Nearly every day since, the first thing I do when I log on is roam various areas people have mentioned seeing them, in the hopes that there are some left.
    Thats one thing you should not do. I doubt the WM will spawn in the same place twice if they can aviod it. Just so the people that found them last time will not find them again easly.

Quote Originally Posted by Deth

Thats one thing you should not do. I doubt the WM will spawn in the same place twice if they can aviod it. Just so the people that found them last time will not find them again easly.
    True. But part of my route is generaly a meandering course along much of the tier 5-6 area, and I still see nothing. I generaly play from 8 to 11 pm, CST, and frankly I feel like there is no hope of ever getting a shoulder buddy. Like the last ones were spawned around 5, or earlier, and are all gone by the time I can get there.
    Lumineux Talar

Hmm, nice timing Tulga, its hard to get a dragon foot out of a mouth, you know. Spawns on Order started around 8:20 CST tonight.
    Lumineux Talar

Maybe thats why I've managed to get my buddy made, I never assumed they were all dead. I also learned that interesting nooks, and the roads are where I've found all of mine. These include:

Any road in east blight

blight landing pad/structures in east blight

retha isle

little island west of retha isle (rope bridge island)

Festival Crypt

Frost Ogre Fortress

Eastern Outpost (just down the road)

Far east citadel (Reklars spawn)

Reanimated Fort (south of morning light)

Trandalars Rift (away from the mobs)

There have been a few spawns I've ran across that were offroad

And I've heard of them in Old Rachival, and east of the east blight as well

They are rarely in the exact same place twice from what I've seen, other than the chiconis and augundell spawns which are about the same general area. If you missed those and then gave up looking, well, it's no wonder you didn't find them. but I understand the frustration. I had days where I found nothing. But then I've had days where I found 2 or 3 spawns.Lucky for me most people just gave up, which probably allowed me more time to find them myself.

One other theory, I got the quest again from Darsenia, then decided to cleanse some blighted ornaments, and sold them to the Professor in New Rachival. Then last night during my hunting, I ran into a typical spawn of trees but looted 6 parts. They had been averaging 1 in 10. Maybe was luck, maybe cleansing ornaments and/or selling to the Professor had an effect.

I never bothered checking near the cities. I'd usualy fly around for about an hour or more. Most of the spots I would visit, I would fly between, and I didnt take direct routes, as I said. Maybe I just didnt pause enough for mob spawns, or maybe there were none there.
    Lumineux Talar

Thread Information