Thread: Skeleton wall mural

Default Skeleton wall mural

Well, it wasn't at all what I expected, but I like it - it adds a nice touch of class to my entry :)

And it's great to have something to build that hasminimal resource requirements :)
    Guildmaster of The Alliance
    http://The-Alliance.cjb.net

Default Re: Skeleton wall mural

I can't seem to place it on endcaps that are on the outer walls of my lair. inside dead ends it works ok tho

Here's a link to a screenshot, sry it's a bit large.

http://www.angelfire.com/me/DiannesP...ons/Mural.html
    Guildmaster of The Alliance
    http://The-Alliance.cjb.net

very nice

thanks for the screenshot

what's cool to me is that it's part of one of the launcher screen contest entries from a few months back. may see more of those surface at some point

Actually they copied my Avatar:

ok ok yeah I got it from the wall on the starter island. Believe it can be viewed in tazoon also. It's a tapestry (see the fringes)

hehe as i saw this first i thinked, somewhere i had already seen this pic [:P]

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

How do you put it on the wall, during planning?

Quote Originally Posted by Ebonfyre
    How do you put it on the wall, during planning?
    Yes, you put it up in planning window like the rest of the stuff, but you don't place it on walls. It goes on those doorways that lead nowhere (and thus remain closed). They take only minimal amounts of T1 lair construction resources (4, 2, 2, 4, 2, 2) so they're easy to build too.

Dragon adventurer 100 | Dragon crafter 100 | Dragon lairshaper 84

Quote Originally Posted by Guaran
    ok ok yeah I got it from the wall on the starter island. Believe it can be viewed in tazoon also. It's a tapestry (see the fringes)
    which starter island? skalkaar? or the original one? and where?

are the other pictures in the launcher pic contest entry in there also?

The old, original starter island that had Lord Ryson Stormbringer.

In the dragon cave with the craft trainer and adventure trainer, there were 4 or 5 dragon tapestries. I have them all in my avatar folder on my webpage if you want to see them.

Yeah, that was my entry. I took the textures from the horizons folder [I'm not sure where--poke me and I'll take a look] If you start a biped, you should still be able to see the old tutorial area-including the old dragon tutorials, with the pretty tapestries. I really liked then, and felt sad they weren't in use somewhere. Guess they are now! Woot!

That reminds me of how I thought these murals would be--a sort of carving might go in over a doorway, on the top half of the arch of the doorway. More artist time, though :/
    Nisse 100 Helian/Nissei 100 Lunus/SShiak biped (All on Chaos)

ssylva

That they are doing things like this makes me glad I have so many doors that go to nowhere... I know of some dragons who painstakingly made sure they had no doors into walls.

Placing murals:

I have found a little trick to place murals that borders the boundaries on ones lair. Perhaps you all know this, but I was happy when I figured out how to.

To be able to place murals on those exits bordering the boundaries on your lair you need to have pressed "build" on something - so that your lair size increases by 1 in each direction. (e.g. 121x121)

In addition to this I have found that you can not place a mural on a structure (likea hall) that has been commited to the plan (pressed "build").

At least this way has worked for me.

1. Place the first structure (typically a corridor)
    2. Commit the first structure (press build)
    3. Place all other structures and murals
    4. Commit the rest of the structures in an order that assures connectivity.

Hope this helps at least someone :)

sounds like that needs to be fixed. I have a few places that I would like to place the murals that have been completed already and there is too much loss to destroy and rebuiold again
    100 Adventure/Crafter following the path of Helian

Expert Lairshaper
    Grand hall complete.

I have to disagree... I've been able to place murals on already completed structures in addition to plan them on things that are still listed in the contstruction tab...

25 months waiting for expert CNF forms. Tired of the intentional deceptions and being kicked in the junk.

ADV: Centenarian Nature Walker; Rating: 162
    Craft: 1900 levels; Craft Rating: 234
    DRGN: Lunus, Adult, 100 DRAG, 100 DCRA, 100 DLSH, Expert Lairshaper (Chaos-04)

No, try not! Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda

If the enemy presents an opportunity, take advantage of it - Sun Tzu

Having problems with my right to speak? Report me or click here *Ignore Seranthor*

Nice picture. I think it should be as an etching in a stone backgroundthat matches the various themes (Lunus/Helian) so as to look a part of the lair itself. As it is right now, you still see the black door with that picture on it. I understand that it is not finished though.

Leviathan (formerly known as "Skald")
    100 ADV / 100 DCRA / 95 LSH Ancient Lunus Dragon (Order Shard)
    67 million Hoard...and rising!

"I kill where I wish and none dare resist...my armor is like tenfold shields, my teeth are swords, my claws spears, the shock of my tail a thunderbolt, my wings a hurricane, and my breath death!" - Smaug the Mighty

Thread Information