Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Horizons abandoned outpost Unity ending soon?

Cool Horizons abandoned outpost Unity ending soon?

hiho

Sunday morning 10 o clock, 32 visible players online

is the end of our server unity coming soon?

what do you think what will happen? How many players are online on the NA Servers at this time?

i read about many new players on the NA Shards on a regular base, is this true?

GN is doing nothing not even support our server (not even with replies at their own boards on player questions)

bad thing, because i dont want to see the server Unity vanishing

Design preview? is there anything planned to attract new players in the next future?

Quote Originally Posted by Kumu Honua
    The sad answer is that you should move to an NA shard and let GN just simply die...
    Well Kumu, would YOU if you where on Unity and played there for 2 and a half year and some beta time simply start from zero on another shard? Loosing your plot/lair, your money, your all aquired and rare items, and also your beloved character that you played now for over 100 days ingame time, all your exp and lvl 100 schools, and also friends who cant move to a NA shard because they dont have a credit card? (well i can write so much more here)

And giving all that up to start on a other shard where you dont know anyone and start from ZERO?

Well, I must say, I can't.....

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

Well...

My dragon is lvl 71 adv / lvl 60 craft / lvl 16 lairshaper now, and I have been playing actively since last October.

The highest visible player count that I've seen, has been about 150 during the prime time... And typically about 100-120. It's never been very high during morning hours, at least not when I ran the numbers.

If Unity closes down someday, I won't open a new account at Tulga. I do have a credit card, but like Takora stated, I won't start all over again. Unity gone = I'm gone. Many, many people gone forever = bad, BAD PR for Tulga, even if the shard isn't hosted by them.

Granted, during the past few weeks I haven't been playing as much as I used to. But the main reason isn't GN's service or lack thereof - the spring is fast approaching = more RL stuff to do, and then there's this little thing called Oblivion... So I think there are many reasons why there's now less active players on Unity than before. Even my friends playing WoW see the same thing - less people playing actively.

But to be realistic, if things keep going this route, Unity needs a new host! GN just isn't up to the job

Edit: typos, again :/
    Last edited by Ahael; April 2nd, 2006 at 06:38 PM.

to start new on a NA shard is no option for me too

too much to loose and it would be too frustrating to be a lvl 1 without money and dont have the chance to get an old rare (not anymore ingame) tech/item...

not to speak about loosing the plot/lair

no unity would mean for me no HZ too ^^

but im interested in the plans / contracts between tulga and gn!

is there any? can GN do everything they want or do they have to fullfill some things to keep the contract?

I have a feeling we won't get any official statement about contract(s) between AE/TG and GN. Still, the "service" we are getting is not acceptable. Nowhere near it!

However, I must say this: Although the current situation is a bit blurry, it's not something that would make me to quit... I will not throw away all that I have accomplished. Not just yet. I will continue to play on Unity.

Honestly, Sunday at 10am est on Order I see less than 50 people too, its not a very common play time here anyways.

Sundaymorning 10 o'clock???
    What an unholy time. Lol, sound asleep around then if only because I played till 2 or 3 or 4 o'clock the evening before.

Wednesday 18:30

48 visible player

The silence from both GN and Tulga on this subject is "DEAFENING".
    After the patching failure last Wednesday and with mainteneance due in less than 12 hours we still have no information as to whether or not GN will retry the patches tomorrow. In the meantime more patches have been applied to the NA shards. How far behind is Unity going to be before the problem is resolved? One might well ask if, as we are continually informed, there is no difference between the European and NA databases, why do GN experience so many problems in patching their servers?

Unhappy

We are currently 3 patches behind the US shards as im still on bypassing and using the US server to patch (after our last little glitch)
    Chasing
    Chaos Shard
    Scarlet Dawn

[06:00 CEST] Unity is performing maintenance

we will see

Well, Unity's been down for too long for regular maintenance now, so it's definitely patching.

No word about this on the login page, of course.

We are so stupid we keep taking this punishment from GN over and over again with no improvement from GN's side. And double-stupid for *paying* for it, too.

I just hope the patch works this time around and that the char creation bug is fixed, too
    Qualin Midashan / Qnarl Sharptooth

[15:30 CET] Unity is back online

No idea if this means Unity patched... but 9.5 hours is abnormally long for regular maintenance, but it should be easy enough to see ingame if the server patched. For starters, there's the PSB quest in New Trismus.
    Qualin Midashan / Qnarl Sharptooth

I'm sure I'll get flamed for posting this, but I found this *opinion* on another forum, and to be honest it seemed to fit to me, I post it here merely to see the opionions of others....

When a company files for bankcrupty, the administrators attempt to pay off debts owed to various creditors, by selling off various company assets, making people redundant, reducing costs, and if possible sell more product.

When AE filed for Chapter 11 they still owed vast amounts for the development costs AND the running costs up to July '04 and had lost their financial backers, who were also supporting GN who would have signed a contract to run the EU servers expecting to make a profit, but they TOO were making heavy losses. I suspect that when AE became Tulga many creditors were left empty handed, and p**sed, including the service providers GN were paying money to. The money GN were expecting never arrived, leaving THEM to foot the bill.

Ever since the merge of the EU servers into Unity, GN has quite possibly continued to lose money, especially after many players starting quitting when WoW and EQ2 were released. So Gn has a loss maker on it's hand, no financial support from Tulga, so they reduce their costs to the bare minimum, meaing next to no support whilst talks between the two parties continues.

I would bet that Tulga cannot afford to support GN, nor have the spare cash to buy the intellectual property from them, or that GN is asking too much, maybe hoping to recupe some of it's losses.

So Tulga say nothing, GN say nothing, and Unity slowly dies.

^^ interesting
    Chasing
    Chaos Shard
    Scarlet Dawn

nexus ftw

but its more complicated than that. Has to do with contract issues I'm sure.

I'm pretty sure Tulga wants the EU version to die so they can put behind them a past that has been rather shady and miserable. Not to mention I'm as well pretty sure that GN put a price tag on the character database that Tulga is not willing to pay.

I wouldn't expect anyone from Tulga to ever say anything and as well I doubt they will take any questions from an interviewer that would be brave enough to ask them as well.

your three options are to quit totally and punish both faulty parties ( Tulga and GN), quit Unity and play on a NA shard or play till Unity dies.

Yes it is sad.

I'm not so certain that Nexxus' quote is entirely accurate. There's more than one game that has been run by GN that received absolutely crap support. I can't recall what it is at present, but there have been mentions on the unity forums about it. I doubt very much the other game was also involved in bankruptcy scandles.

would be nice if we get any answer from Tulga

my account expires in 15 days

i would subscribe again, but how long? will i loose money if i subscribe for 1 year and unity will go down?

i would hate myself to give GN 1EUR for free

just do a month at a time in case anything happens
    Chasing
    Chaos Shard
    Scarlet Dawn

hmm if i subscribe longer then Tulga will have to transfer it (i think)

but i dont think that anything will happen the next 3-4 month

is there any official word about an "expiring contract" between Tulga/GN? or is it all a rumor?

Thread Information