Thread: No Bonus making Lattice

Default No Bonus making Lattice

Just noticed thatI don't get the bonus from a Crystal shaper when making Lattice. I have a T3 in my lair and only get it when I do crystal not when I do Lattice. Something forgotten when the machines were switched for making Lattice, I assume.

Image, ..36,960 raw gems later... I need 36,960 more...Grrrr

Default Re: No Bonus making Lattice

anvils, smeltersand other machines need to give laircrafting bonus too (which they do not) cause they are used to produce some of the stuff... like imbued bars and such...

I'm sorry, I disagree Nikodemus they are biped machines and since the seperatists want to be seperate thusly they should be, I'm also for taking scalecraft off biped anvils (bipeds have no ability to use dragon scaleforges do they?),

There aremore than enough lairs near all the metals and stone locations. Its time for the scaleforges to be built.
    25 months waiting for expert CNF forms. Tired of the intentional deceptions and being kicked in the junk.

ADV: Centenarian Nature Walker; Rating: 162
    Craft: 1900 levels; Craft Rating: 234
    DRGN: Lunus, Adult, 100 DRAG, 100 DCRA, 100 DLSH, Expert Lairshaper (Chaos-04)

No, try not! Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda

If the enemy presents an opportunity, take advantage of it - Sun Tzu

Having problems with my right to speak? Report me or click here *Ignore Seranthor*

Just realised this still said Ice....oopsie

Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor
    There aremore than enough lairs near all the metals and stone locations. Its time for the scaleforges to be built.
    And if those lairs are not in use? It should be added to the machines, and in fairness bipeds should be able to use scaleforges as anvils. Lorewise may not work too well though.
    Give Unity the support it deserves!

Daedra I'm all for letting peds use scaleforges as anvils in addition to letting dragons use anvils... BUT, it should be both ways... or not at all.
    25 months waiting for expert CNF forms. Tired of the intentional deceptions and being kicked in the junk.

ADV: Centenarian Nature Walker; Rating: 162
    Craft: 1900 levels; Craft Rating: 234
    DRGN: Lunus, Adult, 100 DRAG, 100 DCRA, 100 DLSH, Expert Lairshaper (Chaos-04)

No, try not! Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda

If the enemy presents an opportunity, take advantage of it - Sun Tzu

Having problems with my right to speak? Report me or click here *Ignore Seranthor*

Scree

I'm all for letting bipeds have crystalshaping ability as well.
    I have a few (rare) individuals who would love to help out with the lair building, but when it comes to crystals, they simply can't because they don't have that ability.

Funny really, we've been discussing the biped/dragon cooperation (or lack thereof) the other day and figured it would be alltogether more enjoyable if they actually helped each other willingly. :)
    After taking a biped guildy hunting with me, he's decided to tag along every time I go. Why? Because it was fun. Not just for him, but for me as well. He recently made a dragon and said point blank that every biped should just once have to do some lairshaping to appreciate what a devil of a task it actually is. (He's building plots with his biped and was astonished how timeconsuming and frustrating lairshaping is in comparison to plot building when he started on his dragon.)

Saying that...

You have received 1 Dragon Crystalworking III.
    You did not receive experience for making this item because the skill(s) used to do so are not primary skills of your current school.

Err...
    That's just wrong. Crystalshaping is a primary part of Lairshaping and we *should* get experience for crystalshaping. Maybe not much, but getting none and telling us it's not a primary skill when every structure in lairshaping requires lattices is kind of... wrong.
    If crystalshaping were used for anything else, fine. But it's not. Which makes it a primary skill for lairshaping. At least in my book it does.

Is there any biped construction school that does not receive xp for the creation of a component inside that school? (I honestly don't know)
    Bearing in mind that crystals are used not just for lattices, either.

It's bad enough that there are so few crystalshapers around. On top of lugging unfocused crystals through portals if there isn't one nearby (NT for instance, not that I use it anymore) we don't even get xp for focusing them. Isn't it bad enough you make us lug all 3 uncut gems (x2) to make one tricut?
    At the moment a T1 Viridian lattice (at optimal) is 40x Garnet, 40x Malachite, 40x Turquoise, 40x Unfocused Viridian Crystal. (substitute higher tier gems/crystals for higher tier lattice, same quantity)
    Not a single biped construction item requires 4 different resources to make it. Nearly all of ours do, yet according to bipeds (who have never lairshaped), Dragon Lairs are so "unfair" to bipeds.
    When you lug 4 resources to your plot to make a single construction component for your T1 silo, then come and b!tch about how it's all so terribly unfair. When you are required to build an access way to your silo before you can build it, then come and b!tch about how it's all so terribly unfair.
    It goes both ways. It's unfair on Dragons to have to drag so much resource for a single item, just as it's "unfair" to have so much more room in a dragon lair.
    However... Dragons not only have to lug more resources for building, they also have a ton of wasted space in those lairs, as well as endless corridors to build... and they gather resources far more inefficiently, and can carry less bulk than any biped.
    It's a give and take.

Sorry, I veered completely off topic.

Quote Originally Posted by Scree
    Saying that...

You have received 1 Dragon Crystalworking III.
    You did not receive experience for making this item because the skill(s) used to do so are not primary skills of your current school.

Err...
    That's just wrong. Crystalshaping is a primary part of Lairshaping and we *should* get experience for crystalshaping. Maybe not much, but getting none and telling us it's not a primary skill when every structure in lairshaping requires lattices is kind of... wrong.
    If crystalshaping were used for anything else, fine. But it's not. Which makes it a primary skill for lairshaping. At least in my book it does.

Is there any biped construction school that does not receive xp for the creation of a component inside that school? (I honestly don't know)
    Bearing in mind that crystals are used not just for lattices, either.
    I think from the Info in the crystal Preview and do to the fact we get no XP from crystals and other hints dropped on the Boards. That we dragons will get a crystal crafting class so we have something to sale to bipeds. Thats just my ideas thought as they have only dropped hints and never said that we are getting that.

Biped constructions school get XP for everything they build. From bars and bricks up. But that will change I am pretty sure. We are the test case for this and once the class revamp comes we can expect to see all the craft classes to go to this method or, I find it very unlikely, Laircrafters will start getting Xp for everything we craft.

Also when the they do the Class revamp I think, and this is completely me with no hints anywhere, that the Biped construction classes will become more like Laircrafting. I think they will change keystones and such to also require amounts of other resources, to make it more "interesting".

Thread Information